REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   $100 Free Rogers Prepaid MasterCard (https://www.revscene.net/forums/699805-%24100-free-rogers-prepaid-mastercard.html)

InvisibleSoul 12-07-2014 12:10 PM

Man... I don't know what happened to my SIM. I haven't gotten it in the mail yet.

Gonna have to call in again to see what's up. Others who learned of this promotion from me have already spent their money, and I can't even get started on it. LoL

radioman 12-07-2014 01:44 PM

App doesn't work on nex 5......

InvisibleSoul 12-07-2014 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radioman (Post 8566162)
App doesn't work on nex 5......

Not a supported device. I believe it supports NFC, but not suretap SIMs.

radioman 12-07-2014 03:56 PM

:(

TOS'd 12-07-2014 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul (Post 8566134)
Man... I don't know what happened to my SIM. I haven't gotten it in the mail yet.

Gonna have to call in again to see what's up. Others who learned of this promotion from me have already spent their money, and I can't even get started on it. LoL

Just walk into a rogers store, they are free. If not I have one to spare.

SoNaRWaVe 12-08-2014 11:52 AM

Picked up the Sim. But they charged me 10 + tax. I told them that rogers said the Sim card was for free and they can send me one for free so why would it be 10 bucks to pick up in store. They guy said shipping was free but you still need to pay for the Sim. This bull or truth? Should I be calling rogers and ask for 10 credit or just simply refund the the Sim and go through rogers? Sim is not activated yet.

Tos: which store you go to? I went to the one in lougheed mall

MM4RCO 12-08-2014 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeanutButter (Post 8563251)
Yeap, I received my $100 and already spent it. I used it at Mark's to buy some sweaters. Worked perfectly.

If you go to Superstore or Walmart, just buy a $100 gift card and tap. You might have to buy two $50 GC depending on their limit.

At Mark's my bill was $120 and they had to split the charges into two purchases, one for $100 and one for $20. Worked like a charm.

anybody else got any luck turning this app into a physical gc? they looked at me like a criminal when I tried at walmart/price-mart. :suspicious:

TOS'd 12-08-2014 12:57 PM

In the beginning people were getting it free in store(ymmv), based on here and r f d. Maybe they started charging people and treating it as if you are getting a new simcard and not just replacing.

InvisibleSoul 12-08-2014 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoNaRWaVe (Post 8566621)
Picked up the Sim. But they charged me 10 + tax. I told them that rogers said the Sim card was for free and they can send me one for free so why would it be 10 bucks to pick up in store. They guy said shipping was free but you still need to pay for the Sim. This bull or truth? Should I be calling rogers and ask for 10 credit or just simply refund the the Sim and go through rogers? Sim is not activated yet.

Tos: which store you go to? I went to the one in lougheed mall

What he said is definitely bull. Click on the link I have in the first post. It says clearly that the SIM is free, not just shipping is free.

Don't know whether it should officially be free in the store, but certainly many people have been getting it for free.

SoNaRWaVe 12-08-2014 01:36 PM

Grrr. Time to refund. Does it have to be at the same store I bought it from or can it be any authorized rogers dealer?

PeanutButter 12-08-2014 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoNaRWaVe (Post 8566670)
Grrr. Time to refund. Does it have to be at the same store I bought it from or can it be any authorized rogers dealer?

It's only free if you apply for it online. In the store you have to pay for it.

But, some people have been reporting that you may be able to get a credit from Rogers if you called in.

Again, Rogers doesn't have to give it to you for free in store. Unless they are a corporate store, then they'll likely give it to you. Otherwise, no.

Purely 12-10-2014 09:04 PM

When I click the link to order the suretap sim online, it says it costs $11... but free when you call in and speak a representative? (is this true?)

turb0triX 12-10-2014 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gYU (Post 8567771)
When I click the link to order the suretap sim online, it says it costs $11... but free when you call in and speak a representative? (is this true?)

Yeah, I called in and got mine for free. The person told me it would take ~7 bus. days to get to me, but I got it in 2 days. Still haven't gotten the $100 credit though...

Purely 12-10-2014 09:28 PM

^Thanks! I'll give them a call tomorrow morning.

SoNaRWaVe 12-11-2014 01:18 AM

tried adding the card to suretap tonight. once i click accept, it briefly flashes black and with a message about connecting to their server and then it goes back to the accept page.

anyone run into this problem? i will try again tomorrow.

edit: nvm, restarted the app and it worked fine.

F3 12-11-2014 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gYU (Post 8567781)
^Thanks! I'll give them a call tomorrow morning.

I called in last week and they said they'd mail me a sim. It hadn't arrived yet so I called back in today and was told they're out of stock... :rukidding:

Purely 12-11-2014 11:29 PM

^ I called today, and they said the sim should arrive within 10 days. Hopefully they re-stocked...

TOS'd 12-11-2014 11:36 PM

I have a spare one I believe, located in gastown.

InvisibleSoul 12-12-2014 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOS'd (Post 8568290)
I have a spare one I believe, located in gastown.

I might just take you up on this. I called in today and they checked the tracking and it shows as being delivered on Nov 28th... but I've never seen the white bubble envelope. They may be willing to send me another one, but sounds like at best there's a long wait now. I work in Gastown so I can probably pick up during lunch. Will PM!

InvisibleSoul 12-12-2014 12:17 PM

Thanks to TOS'd, I can finally try to get started on this. :D

SumAznGuy 12-14-2014 04:03 PM

How long did it take to register your wallet?
I've been waiting for over 2 hours and it still hasn't worked.
I got an error message and tried to register my wallet again but still nothing.

smaggs 12-14-2014 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SumAznGuy (Post 8569235)
How long did it take to register your wallet?
I've been waiting for over 2 hours and it still hasn't worked.
I got an error message and tried to register my wallet again but still nothing.

x2. Tried that for a few days and reinstalling the app...kept getting the same error. Phoned Rogers and they told me to stop trying and escalated it and said i'd get a call within 2 weeks. Got a call the next day and they said i have some "blackberry data block" on my phone (haven't had a blackberry for a couple years) that may be affecting it so they removed that. Still having the same issue so will be calling Rogers again tomorrow.

I'm using a Note 2 and another friend using the same phone is having the same issue, while a friend with Note 3 had no issues setting it up.

SumAznGuy 12-14-2014 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smaggs (Post 8569259)
I'm using a Note 2 and another friend using the same phone is having the same issue, while a friend with Note 3 had no issues setting it up.

Thanks.
I am using a rooted Note 2.

smaggs 12-14-2014 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SumAznGuy (Post 8569265)
Thanks.
I am using a rooted Note 2.

May be a note 2 issue then. Mine is also rooted but my friends is not so i do not think being rooted should affect it.

SoNaRWaVe 12-14-2014 10:51 PM

just fyi.

running stock s5 here. the registration process took about 5 mins. you will see a message within the app that tells you its registered. however, i didn't get a notification about it. i had to go into the app to check for the message.