REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > The Business and Financial Forum

The Business and Financial Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene Wall Street.
Consolidating debt? Good business tips? Buying stock? How's our economy doing? Discuss and share advice and tools on everyday banking, investing, wealth management and insurance.

Old 12-04-2014, 04:17 AM   #1
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
TED Talks

I don't know if any of you are into personal development and self help but I personally really like the talks on TED.

Here are a few of my favourites

Talks about looking at stress in a different way. We perceive a pounding heart, sweat etc as anxiety but you can flip it and use it to your advantage because your body's preparing you for the change and is pumping more air to your brain

Body language to assert power and dominance

In the animal kingdom, they show their dominance by taking up as much space as possible, puff their chest etc but it actually also influences the way you yourself think and perceive yourself as you talk

How to spot deciet in people you meet on a daily basis or cut the useless people out of your life

We're lied to 10-200 times on a daily basis including white lies, and strangers usually say 3 lies in the first 10 mins of meeting each other.

The puzzle of motivation

Advertisement

Last edited by hchang; 12-04-2014 at 07:53 AM.
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-04-2014, 07:23 AM   #2
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
+1 for Dan Pink's motivation.
edit: just watched lie spotting - pretty good. I did not have sexual relations with that woman!

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Last edited by tiger_handheld; 12-04-2014 at 05:45 PM.
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-09-2015, 09:46 PM   #3
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,206 Times in 385 Posts
sdubfid is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: