REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-06-2014, 06:52 AM   #26
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,206 Times in 385 Posts
The servers only have 1 leg at ihop so it takes longer for food to come
Advertisement
sdubfid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 07:22 AM   #27
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdubfid View Post
The servers only have 1 leg at ihop so it takes longer for food to come
groucho i see what you did there.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-06-2014, 07:32 AM   #28
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,831 Times in 587 Posts
Not uncommon at places like iHop. Often times they are understaffed for the number of customers they have and it leads to issues of wrong orders and cold food.
Sucks that it came cold, but nothing stopped you from leaving your table to talk to someone (did not need to be your server) about getting it fixed.
They offered to re-make the food (they loose all profit from your business as opposed to the $2 you stole from them).

Perhaps next time you get service/food your not happy with you should actually DO something rather than sit there and consume the food that you dont even want.....

07-17 G37 RWD Coupe Coilovers FOR SALE BRAND NEW
BoostedBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-06-2014, 07:46 AM   #29
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,238 Times in 5,599 Posts
Lol had a terrible experiance at IHOP about a year ago as well

Me and two guys from work head to the one across the street from our construction site. All three of us are in management at various forms so we're wearinf safety vests/steel toes but we are clean. We walk in and get greeted with "well I hope you guys aren't just dragging mud all over the place"

Uhh..ok...well no we are not, kinda laugh it off

Same bitch is the server, an older woman comes up to us basically right as we sit down to take drinks and food order, I quickly glance over the menu and order and my boss just asks her "look, I saw the ad on TV there was a big stack of crepes, do you have anything like that?"

No, we have two crepe plates.

My boss: "well..can you but together 6-8 and I'll pay the difference"

Server: no thay isn't possible, 2 come on a plate.

Boss: "hmmm..ok well maybe I'll just order three orders then and make one plate?

Server: no thay isn't possible either, look, if you have a problem the way the menu is laid out you can take it up with the head office in California.

Wtf! Lol dumb bitch promptly took the orders left, didn't ask for more coffee didn't clear our table. I got up and paid and made sure I paid through her, said if you're looking for a tip might want to make a trip to California.
Old 12-06-2014, 07:58 AM   #30
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,161 Times in 301 Posts
What's the law? You were planning to deal with this in legal action?
Galactic_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 08:14 AM   #31
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Didn't the same 2 year old slip on a strawberry or something at a mall a while back?
Wow, that was the same guy? Wasn't it a tiny piece of grape and he wanted to sue If so then the OP is pretty much an entitled idiot and might be a scam artist and a cheap fuck, wouldn't be shocked if he's contemplating suing IHop now, or if there wasn't anything wrong with his food and he just wanted a cheaper meal after eating it and wants to make up a bs lawsuit. Pretty much the only illegal thing that happened was him not paying his bill in full. I feel bad for he example he's setting for his kid down the road.

Last edited by 7seven; 12-06-2014 at 08:22 AM.
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-06-2014, 08:39 AM   #32
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

don't expect anything from ihop nor dennys
jinxcrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 08:53 AM   #33
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,046 Times in 1,176 Posts
I thought this was one of those "Had hotpot, but no lobster" type of threads...
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-06-2014, 08:57 AM   #34
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
The law can't back you up on this one. You ate all the evidence.
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 09:03 AM   #35
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
I thought this was one of those "Had hotpot, but no lobster" type of threads...
Does that have turbo?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 10:33 AM   #36
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,219 Times in 1,961 Posts
E-SPEC has a child

GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 10:37 AM   #37
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-SPEC View Post
Went to IHOP at about 8:30pm purely cause my little 2 year old loved the pancake commercial, so me and the lady took her there. When our food came the waffles were cold, the bacon also, as well the eggs were not warm either also they weren't over easy like we asked. Tryed looking for the busy lady but ended up giving up cause we were just too hungry and she wouldn't come around. We told her about it when we caught her attention, Wasn't about to wait for new food at this point being too hungry (i'm sure we can all relate). She told her manager (some stupid asshole young kid about 20yrs old) and was told we can only make you new ones, thats it. it was mostly eaten after. I was pissed off at this point, so continuing to argue to basically a wall i got no where. So i ended up deducting a few dollars of my own ($2.00, i thought was more than fair) and said "this is all i'm paying, you're suppose to serve food at a proper temperature and i we were COMPLETELY unsatisfied". What is the law regarding this? If a customer is given completely unsatisfactory food and horrible service are they obligated to pay if no satisfaction is met? This was THE WORST manager i've ever met at a restaurant, complete asshole. I would have been satisfied w/ even a 15% discount, and not even that was offered.
So let me see if I got this straight...

You ordered food and when it came it was cold (fair enough).
- However, you didn't bother getting up to talk to a different server, the door greeter, or even to sneak your head into the serving counter to talk to someone.
-When offered new food (standard restaurant procedure), you declined
- You underpaid the bill (which is technically theft on your part)

Sound about right?

They aren't required to give you a discount or anything else, especially when you told them not to bother cooking up another meal to replace the original one. Yes, it kinda sucks that the food arrived lukewarm and that the server didn't come earlier, but it's not like you didn't have options. And to underpay a bill is theft, pure and simple. They did everything by the book by trying to make things better, while you walked out on the bill.

Sure, some restaurants will offer free meals or will heavily discount one person's entree, but not if their original offer to replace the mostly eaten meal with a new one was denied.

Ugh.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 10:44 AM   #38
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Sorry what you should have done is to get someone and complain at the time you got the food. Happen to me before I went up and found someone working and told them the food wasn't cook and I like new ones.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 10:48 AM   #39
nma
#RVG

Every restaurant has different policies. Somewhere like Cactus or Earls you will get your food bill paid for / get a discount. You're at IHOP.. You ate most of your food, now you want a discount and demand a discount. They offer you a new order, yet you deny. If you're not satisfied with their service, don't tip them and don't go back.
nma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-06-2014, 10:50 AM   #40
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,872 Times in 3,849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Lol had a terrible experiance at IHOP about a year ago as well

<snip>
I'm gonna guess some previous construction workers, possibly from the same site, had been a bunch of dicks at that ihop.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-06-2014, 11:04 AM   #41
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
So let me see if I got this straight...

You ordered food and when it came it was cold (fair enough).
- However, you didn't bother getting up to talk to a different server, the door greeter, or even to sneak your head into the serving counter to talk to someone.
-When offered new food (standard restaurant procedure), you declined
- You underpaid the bill (which is technically theft on your part)

Sound about right?

They aren't required to give you a discount or anything else, especially when you told them not to bother cooking up another meal to replace the original one. Yes, it kinda sucks that the food arrived lukewarm and that the server didn't come earlier, but it's not like you didn't have options. And to underpay a bill is theft, pure and simple. They did everything by the book by trying to make things better, while you walked out on the bill.

Sure, some restaurants will offer free meals or will heavily discount one person's entree, but not if their original offer to replace the mostly eaten meal with a new one was denied.

Ugh.
Yes guys i realize now that i handled myself in a manner that is not exactly acceptable. Hopefully it won't ever happen again, but if it does i'll just take it up with upper management, or just get the food remade lol. Sure as fuck am not going to that place again. Rather go to Denny's, and the food isn't that great there at all. Also my "question about law" was not asking about a discount. it was asking if by law a person has to pay for food if something is seriously wrong with it. NOT APPLICABLE in my case here. Just a general consensus question.
E-SPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-06-2014, 11:13 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
I'm gonna guess some previous construction workers, possibly from the same site, had been a bunch of dicks at that ihop.
Possible but typically we had a fairly small site and usually knew where trades were and what they were doing for lunch etc. Never heard anyone talk of going to the IHOP after or before we told the story

Seemed moreso that anyone under 75 just got attitude and if you asked for anything more than the seniors sitting In the corner thay was over and above their courtesy
Old 12-06-2014, 11:15 AM   #43

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
this is why i avoid ihop, denny's, and all these type of small chains. crap food, crap service.

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 11:16 AM   #44
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
*Insert comment about how your wife could've stayed in the kitchen where she belonged (according to you), and you would've had fresh pancakes*
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 11:17 AM   #45

Also lol @ OP, like Lomac said. If you think you were that underserved tell a manager and pay the bill without leaving anything for tip. Not even pay total bill? Lol fuck.

For me, if the service is that bad I will make a point to leave $0.00 as the tip. This sends a message where as people who think they are sending a message by leaving like 2-5% are just coming off as cheapskates
Old 12-06-2014, 11:23 AM   #46
HELP ME PLS!!!

I think we have a new frontrunner for "Thread of the year"!

*its not the size of your army that matters; it's the fury of it's onslaught!*

█♣█
carisear is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-06-2014, 11:27 AM   #47
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

I could understand not paying and leaving if the food came cold and you didn't eat it. BUT, you ate it, declined their offer for new food, and left less money than what you were supposed to pay. What happened to using common sense.
van_city23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-06-2014, 11:30 AM   #48

Well like i said on this page, next time will be very different. Hopefully their won't be that next time though.
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-06-2014, 11:42 AM   #49

I'm surprised no one has thought of posting this..lol

This post thanked by:
Old 12-06-2014, 11:44 AM   #50

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
^ because its not funny

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote