REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Roger's Arena, first time going there (https://www.revscene.net/forums/700281-rogers-arena-first-time-going-there.html)

sebTeggy 12-17-2014 01:56 PM

Roger's Arena, first time going there

Hey guys,

Going for a hockey game on Monday, had a few questions:

- Smoking... Looked online, it looks like they don't allow in/out privileges and there is no designated smoking area in the arena, what the heck? Sounds like an airport to me..........

- Food, how expensive is it? Is it very hectic? Lineups are ridiculous? Should I plan on arriving fed or is there anything actually worth buying/waiting for? I picture myself waiting in line for 30 mins for a 5$ hotdog and 5$ beer

- Between periods, people I am assuming usually have a short time to go take a piss / buy more beer etc?

- Is there a guy who walks around selling pretzels and beer and stuff?

Thanks for helping out a n00b

http://babysimpson.co.uk/gallery/frames/9/4f22/230.jpg

fsy82 12-17-2014 01:59 PM

I usually go a bit earlier and make a night out of it. Go for early dinner at a restaurant because the food/drinks are very expensive at Rogers Arena. Also yes bathroom lines are very long especially for woman.

murd0c 12-17-2014 02:01 PM

- Correct no smoking allowed around the building and no in/out

- some what expensive.. yes, yes you can arrive fed but being your first time eat some of the good food and enjoy yourself

- 20mins between periods

- yes guys walk the isles selling food and shit

Lowered_Klass 12-17-2014 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sebTeggy (Post 8570413)

.... and 5$ beer

:fuckthatshit:

Unfortunately, it's a bit more than that ($7+).

Pepper dat angus if you're planning on drinking there.

kevin7352 12-17-2014 02:32 PM

- Smoking... Yep, no smoking area/no in-outs

- Food, theres "gourmet" hot dogs for $7, a triple o's ($10 for burger and fries), lobster rolls $13, prime rib sandwiches $13, and chips/candy/popcorn.
get's pretty hectic during intermissions so maybe you should leave your seat a few minutes before period ends if you want food but people in the isles would get pissed at you ahah
i don't think anything there is really worth trying besides the lobster roll which is not bad. triple o's would be best bang for your buck for a meal

- 20 minutes between periods, washroom lineups are pretty long too so also, if you really dont want to wait then leave a few minutes before period ends

- yes there are people selling beers in the isles. beers are $7.75-$8.50. last call for both beer and food is at 12:00 in the 3rd period

murd0c 12-17-2014 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lowered_Klass (Post 8570435)
:fuckthatshit:

Unfortunately, it's a bit more than that ($7+).

Pepper dat angus if you're planning on drinking there.

$9.50 beer....

hotjoint 12-17-2014 02:42 PM

Wow they changed smoking rules? There used to be a smoke pit

Rogera arena food is expensive. If you want to get cheaper food, head to the costco across and get food there. I love costco hot dogs, fries and pizza :)

I used to work at Rogers Arena, beer was $7 for Canadian and $7.50 for Pale ale and Rickards. Prices should've gone up.

Go a minute before the period ends to beat the washroom line up

sonick 12-17-2014 02:46 PM

Thanked OP for Simpson's pic. One of the best episodes.

murd0c 12-17-2014 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotjoint (Post 8570444)
Wow they changed smoking rules? There used to be a smoke pit

Rogera arena food is expensive. If you want to get cheaper food, head to the costco across and get food there. I love costco hot dogs, fries and pizza :)

I used to work at Rogers Arena, beer was $7 for Canadian and $7.50 for Pale ale and Rickards. Prices should've gone up.

Go a minute before the period ends to beat the washroom line up

It's been like that for years.... Ever since you can't smoke with in 10' of a entrance way.. You just have to find a stairway to smoke joints in that's what I have done in the past.

Mr.HappySilp 12-17-2014 03:15 PM

For food just walk to Costco (right across) is $1.69 hot dogs and pop. And the hot dogs are good!

jinxcrusader 12-17-2014 03:21 PM

they have great grilled cheese sandwiches

Tim Budong 12-17-2014 08:51 PM

Great Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Mean Poutine is OKAY..
Prime Rib Burger and Lobster roll is amazing
The specialty hotdogs are alright.
OK beer selection now..but ranges from 7.75-10bux

give the food inside a try, its worth trying

Gh0stRider 12-17-2014 09:17 PM

fuck rogers arena lol

Lomac 12-17-2014 09:24 PM

As has been mentioned, if you want food or need to use the washroom, try and go within the last five minutes of the period. You'll beat the rush and you can still watch the game on the screens setup in the main walkways (or listen on Team1040 in the case of the washroom).

If you do need to leave your seat for whatever reason, try to be respectful and wait for a break in play before leaving. Nothing I hate more than people trying to climb over me while there's an exciting rush happening on the ice.

Jmac 12-17-2014 09:28 PM

The gourmet hot dogs are well worth the price, IMO. The perogy (Glendon?) dog is amazing (ask for a bacon-wrapped wiener).

CorneringArtist 12-17-2014 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp (Post 8570465)
For food just walk to Costco (right across) is $1.69 hot dogs and pop. And the hot dogs are good!

This. Poutine and a hot dog with a pop for ~$6 before the game, and you can spend what you would have on a meal in the arena on alcohol if you wanted to. I do this for Whitecaps games as well, although it is quite busy when it's game night.

coconutjelly 12-17-2014 10:54 PM

all the vendors are like highschool students. Kind of funny, expensive food and beer not the greatest quality. i suggest eating out first

Tone Loc 12-17-2014 11:58 PM

Go eat dinner elsewhere first, then just grab beers for the atmosphere when you're there. The lines for food are crazy long especially during intermission, and as mentioned above it is quite expensive and not of very good quality.

Other than that, washroom lines can be damn long so I'd suggest "going" before you sit.

Also, be prepared for a very tame and un-lively game atmosphere... not so much in the upper section but in the lower bowl it's pretty much all 9-5 BlackBerry drones holding corporate events/outings/meetings. Save your money and get an upper bowl seat instead lol.

westopher 12-18-2014 12:11 AM

Take 100 bucks if you plan on getting drunk and having some snacks. That way, you will only need to withdraw $100 from the atm when that runs out. Plan on taking out about $160 more after you spend the last $10 from that second hundred on cover at no.5 orange.
Try not to cry the next morning when you look at your online banking.

ilovebacon 12-18-2014 12:13 AM

The crowd will inspire you to jump up off your seat and scream with them as the team scores!!! Such a exciting moment haha you'll love it since it's your first time.

Tim Budong 12-18-2014 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovebacon (Post 8570672)
The crowd will inspire you to jump up off your seat and scream with them as the OPPOSITION team scores!!! Such a exciting moment haha you'll love it since it's your first time.

opposing fans are louder than most people in this damn building...

its sad

Vale46Rossi 12-18-2014 02:40 AM

Season holder here, if you don't mind spending some money... the food has improved by 100 folds since forever....

The prime Rib sandwich is absolutely delicious... its few slices of prime rib on an onion bun and some kettle chips!

http://i.imgur.com/cxqhnue.jpg

Lowered_Klass 12-18-2014 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westopher (Post 8570671)
Take 100 bucks if you plan on getting drunk and having some snacks. That way, you will only need to withdraw $100 from the atm when that runs out. Plan on taking out about $160 more after you spend the last $10 from that second hundred on cover at no.5 orange.
Try not to cry the next morning when you look at your online banking.

I'm glad I'm not the only one... lol

westopher 12-18-2014 10:46 AM

hahaha
EVERY.
FUCKING.
TIME.

Hondaracer 12-18-2014 11:20 AM

First 3 rounds and my wallet Is empty :/

Last time me and a bunch of buddies went and went HARD that night, was so bloated from the shit beer made the executive decision to go puke in a stall and prep myself for the rest of the night. Puked then getting me back hydrated at $5.50 per bottle of water X 3 :okay: