REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-20-2014, 01:39 PM   #1
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
2 cops executed in NY for revenge for Garner and Brown

2 NYPD cops shot dead ?execution style? as ?revenge? for Garner | New York Post
Quote:
Two uniformed NYPD officers were shot dead Saturday afternoon as they sat in their marked police car on a Brooklyn street corner — in what investigators believe was a crazed gunman’s execution-style mission to avenge Eric Garner and Michael Brown.

brb good thing the cops didnt shoot him first or they would be racist

Advertisement
Old 12-20-2014, 01:55 PM   #2
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

NotRevSeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 01:59 PM   #3
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,139 Times in 7,148 Posts
Fucking Christ.
I can't stand this fucking bullshit. I wish there was a way to just cull the herd of every human being that is willing to inflict harm on another at random.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-20-2014, 02:11 PM   #4
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,487 Times in 1,686 Posts
RIP to the officers and my condolences to their families. An awful thing to happen, especially just before the holidays.

-really wish that I could hear or see one day of news reports with no mention of any person getting killed or beaten up. Peace on earth, for one day.
Old 12-20-2014, 02:38 PM   #5
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Thank goodness the Internet won't use this to fuel more mutual hatred, phew
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 02:42 PM   #6
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Crazy. He murdered his girlfriend in the morning as well.

Quote:
The gunman was a fugitive who had just murdered his girlfriend in Baltimore Saturday morning, sources told The Post.
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 02:46 PM   #7
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,393 Times in 5,088 Posts
I don't get it, people see their friends post crazy ass shit like that on FB and they even comment on it but they don't call the police or anyone? Fuck...
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-20-2014, 02:54 PM   #8
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
I don't get it, people see their friends post crazy ass shit like that on FB and they even comment on it but they don't call the police or anyone? Fuck...
Because then they would be auto-racist putting themselves in the crosshair.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 02:55 PM   #9
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
Quote:
Social media desensitizes people. We see so much fucked up, messed up, and just plain sad/crazy shit so often that it doesn't bother us anymore.

Besides, if the police investigated every single person's "threats" pertaining to the Ferguson/Eric Garner incidents they'd be buried in work for years...
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-20-2014, 03:12 PM   #10
Performance Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AK View Post
Because then they would be auto-racist putting themselves in the crosshair.
I see what you mean, but I don't think anyone is going to call you racist for calling the police and saying "This guy I know just said he was going to kill 2 cops today"
Old 12-20-2014, 04:48 PM   #11
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
tbh i had expected attacks against police to have taken place weeks ago and was quite surprised to hear of none, sounds like this guy was bent on killing anyhow regardless of the issues currently at hand

rip to the officers
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 11:53 PM   #12

Quote:
A few of my friends were put in a similar situation when a former classmate of ours had a schizophrenic breakdown and got off his meds. He posted status updates with graphic details of wanting to kill people and how he would do it. He posted death threats to one of my good friends (and his close friend) that were clearly documented and a couple people actually went to the police about it. They pretty much said they couldn't do anything about it. A few days later he stabbed a random person to death in a parking lot. Someone very well could have gone to the police in this current situation but unfortunately sometimes things like this aren't taken seriously enough until its too late.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 12-21-2014, 07:49 AM   #13
Performance Moderator

That really odd to hear because I work in policing and we get daily reports that are fully investigated of people posting terrorist threats on social media and reports of individuals posting messages like this and that info almost always comes from the general public. Especially mental health, anyone can be arrested under the MHA if they're determined to be a threat to others or themselves (albeit they're almost always discharged under their own reconnaissance afterward).
This post thanked by:
Old 12-21-2014, 09:07 AM   #14

You would definitely know better than me then in that case, just my only personal experience with it. That being said, this was probably almost 5 years ago now. Social media was not nearly what it is today.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-21-2014, 12:39 PM   #15
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PARANOiA-R34 View Post
Social media desensitizes people. We see so much fucked up, messed up, and just plain sad/crazy shit so often that it doesn't bother us anymore.

Besides, if the police investigated every single person's "threats" pertaining to the Ferguson/Eric Garner incidents they'd be buried in work for years...
okay straight up im tired of this tired and stupid ass logic

look at how desensitized these people are to violence, all without the help of social media.
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-21-2014, 08:24 PM   #16
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,316 Times in 5,636 Posts
A handful of a population seeing a hanging once in a blue moon is a little different than going through a twitter feed and seeing beheadings, suicide bombers, murders, every day, all day long.
Old 12-21-2014, 08:48 PM   #17
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Vicious View Post

look at how desensitized these people are to violence, all without the help of social media.
it's funny. y'know most species actually progress as time goes by..
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 11:42 PM   #18
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Vicious View Post
Spoiler!

Every society has its own form of desensitizing people to violence. For example, the Romans were pretty cool with watching gladiators kill each other and get mauled by animals. Ditto for executions in the Middle Ages, or lynching Blacks in the southern United States.... the photos you posted of Victorian era people watching someone get executed and just going about their day is no different from the average person learning of the latest ISIS execution/rape/enslavement/kidnapping or Kony 2012 video and just turn away and get up to make some coffee. So thank you for proving my "stupid ass logic" correct...
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 12:15 AM   #19
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
>wanders in here, begins waving cane around<

In my time, we had the A-Team where, despite hundreds of bullets flying, explosions, cars flipping, etc etc, nobody ever got killed!

Now we have Sons of Anarchy which is basically a murder and gore festival with some tits and ass thrown in with some bike motors revving!

Maybe, just maybe, we have become desensitized so gradually that we don't even notice it? How many beheadings do you watch before it becomes totally numb to witness an incredibly brutal murder perpetrated to another human being for viewing on the internet?
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 12:26 AM   #20
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
it's funny. y'know most species actually progress as time goes by..
Evolution takes hundreds even thousands of generations to make any noticeable changes to a species. and this is less a species thing and more a social thing. though violence against itself to this degree is a human trait that we've had for thousands of years haha.

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 03:07 AM   #21
I bringith the lowerballerith

aftermath of the execution while they are performing CPR on scene but not the actual execution.

crazy how fast and how many cops show up and then the detectives.
a waste and biased use of public resources imo.

im too desensitized so reading the headlines and articles never provoked any emotion but watching this video was pretty shocking and sad.
geeknerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 04:34 AM   #22
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 4,735 Times in 812 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeknerd View Post

a waste and biased use of public resources imo.

Old 12-23-2014, 06:22 AM   #23
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.V.M. View Post
half trolling but half serious as well.

Exclusive New York Post video of the massive response aftermath NYPD execution NSFW : videos

as other people have mentioned in the reddit comments, you would never see this for civilians or anyone else that is not police.

its sort of understandable but the cops exist to serve the public and this is an obvious waste of resource. the dozens of cops just standing there watching add nothing to the situation, they then go on to follow the ambulance.

even the top comments of a medic say that the CPR and the whole process is for "show" when the cop is clearly dead. they do the 'show' if the victim is a child or a public servant of sort and the incident has witnesses.

dont get me wrong, its very sad and unfortunate but the excess cops, medics, and firetrucks are public resources that probably could've been more useful if they were elsewhere during that situation.
geeknerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 10:44 AM   #24
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeknerd View Post
half trolling but half serious as well.

Exclusive New York Post video of the massive response aftermath NYPD execution NSFW : videos

as other people have mentioned in the reddit comments, you would never see this for civilians or anyone else that is not police.

its sort of understandable but the cops exist to serve the public and this is an obvious waste of resource. the dozens of cops just standing there watching add nothing to the situation, they then go on to follow the ambulance.

even the top comments of a medic say that the CPR and the whole process is for "show" when the cop is clearly dead. they do the 'show' if the victim is a child or a public servant of sort and the incident has witnesses.

dont get me wrong, its very sad and unfortunate but the excess cops, medics, and firetrucks are public resources that probably could've been more useful if they were elsewhere during that situation.
How do you know you that? Do you not see helicopters flown in for accidents on Highway 97 on the news? Or how about an elderly patient needing help at their home and 10 people show up lights and sirens to take that person to the hospital. If that was your grandma, is 10 people a waste of resources for ONE PERSON?

The difference between what you see that youtube clip and you see in real life is family. When there's a tragic event that happens at work, everyone gets a day off. These guys don't. They have to work through the chaos. You think it's fun seeing a co-worker you know getting pumped then whisked away in an ambulance? A dude you just talked to maybe hours ago you see looking at the sky but not blinking. Those extra officers you see leaving with the ambulance..most likely doing traffic control so the ambulance can get to the hospital faster; and yes they do that for public too. It's a eerie feeling, and some of those guys standing around most likely trying to figure what happen and what to do next. Everyone's human..
l2_narain is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-25-2014, 12:39 PM   #25
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,600 Times in 542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by l2_narain View Post
It's a eerie feeling, and some of those guys standing around most likely trying to figure what happen and what to do next. Everyone's human..
Exactly. This was only minutes after it happened. No one knew what had happened, for all they knew a killer was still on the loose and they had no idea who they were looking for. The killer could've been still out there targeting police or other innocent victims. The massive numbers in response was necessary.
snowball is online now   Reply With Quote