REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Speak English pay more (https://www.revscene.net/forums/700537-speak-english-pay-more.html)

Manic! 01-01-2015 04:31 PM

Speak English pay more

I don't watch a ton of sports but I wanted to watch the Rose Bowl. We have Bell Express Vu and the only channel that has it in HD is RDS HD that's the french version. To get the English version I have to pay $5 a month more and end up losing some channels. Something I think is B.S.

hchang 01-01-2015 04:53 PM

Strong thread bro

SkinnyPupp 01-01-2015 06:08 PM

Learn French, you're in Canada anyway :troll:

Manic! 01-01-2015 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8575646)
Learn French, you're in Canada anyway

We have 2 official languages. Speakers of either language should be treated the same.

Bell gave me one month free of TSN HD and I filled a complaint with the CRTC. According to the senior supervisor it's there fault.

hchang 01-01-2015 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manic! (Post 8575649)
We have 2 official languages. Speakers of either language should be treated the same.

Try telling that to Americans :troll:

4444 01-01-2015 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hchang (Post 8575650)
Try telling that to Americans :troll:

Not sure what ur getting at, but America has no official language.

SkinnyPupp 01-01-2015 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manic! (Post 8575649)

Bell gave me one month free of TSN HD and I filled a complaint with the CRTC. According to the senior supervisor it's there fault.

Looks like you need to learn English too :troll:

Mr.HappySilp 01-01-2015 07:01 PM

Switch to another provider?

You don't have to get their service as there are other cable/Internet providers.

Manic! 01-01-2015 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp (Post 8575668)
Switch to another provider?

You don't have to get their service as there are other cable/Internet providers.

That's not the point.

Air Canada ordered to pay $12K to man who couldn?t order 7Up in French | National Post

Undercover language watchdogs to descend on Canada's airports

murd0c 01-01-2015 07:50 PM

basically french is a fucken joke... I hate that we get is pushed on us because one province speaks it and they don't even want to be a part of Canada.. It's not even real French and won't get you any where in the world and if you tried to speak our French in France they would laugh at you.

It just pisses me off cause if you go to Quebec and can't speak it you get treated like shit in certain areas and give you zero respect.. Canadian French can fuck right off and I hate people who think they are better because they know it!!

pastarocket 01-01-2015 08:17 PM

The only thing French that I like out of Quebec is poutine.

http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/977/e10...hiz-c38bdf.jpg

sdubfid 01-01-2015 08:17 PM

Tabernac

hchang 01-01-2015 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4444 (Post 8575660)

Fair enough but the most "accepted" is English and Mexi.... Spanish

Lomac 01-01-2015 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4444 (Post 8575660)

Yes they do, it's called American.

4444 01-02-2015 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lomac (Post 8575795)
Yes they do, it's called American.

What? Is that meant to be a joke? If so, was stupid

SkinnyPupp 01-02-2015 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4444 (Post 8575907)

You're not very good at detecting jokes or sarcasm are you? ;)

belaud 01-02-2015 10:52 AM

I've worked with French Canadians in the field, and they are by far the worst and most disrespectful people I've ever dealt with, far worse than whatever shit you had to deal with in retail as a teen.

They refuse to speak English to other co workers, making it a huge safety hazard, they constantly make disrespectful jokes to people not of Caucasian decent, and they have a stuck up attitude towards everything in life, "Oh I live on an acreage on this lake", "You mean the land you took from rightful Quebec?". I could go on for days about them.

Maybe if they didn't always reflect themselves as victims in this country, we wouldn't have such a huge gaping problem with them.

Out of the 50 French Canadians I worked with, maybe 4 of them weren't douchebags towards their own kind.

pinn3r 01-02-2015 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by belaud (Post 8575924)
I've worked with French Canadians in the field, and they are by far the worst and most disrespectful people I've ever dealt with, far worse than whatever shit you had to deal with in retail as a teen.

They refuse to speak English to other co workers, making it a huge safety hazard, they constantly make disrespectful jokes to people not of Caucasian decent, and they have a stuck up attitude towards everything in life, "Oh I live on an acreage on this lake", "You mean the land you took from rightful Quebec?". I could go on for days about them.

Maybe if they didn't always reflect themselves as victims in this country, we wouldn't have such a huge gaping problem with them.

Out of the 50 French Canadians I worked with, maybe 4 of them weren't douchebags towards their own kind.

I can attest. I've worked with a couple from Quebec.

I personally got along with them (most of the time), but I watched them butt heads with the higher-ups almost every day

Lomac 01-02-2015 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4444 (Post 8575907)

:facepalm:

GLOW 01-02-2015 11:49 AM

We speak Canadian :derp:

Manic! 01-02-2015 12:53 PM

So the supervisor at Bell I talked to says it's the CRTC's fault. I filed a complaint with the CRTC and this is the response I get:

Quote:

Thank you for contacting us about cable company television services

The matter identified in your message is not regulated by the CRTC. Most Canadians have access to competitive cable and satellite services. In a competitive market, the CRTC does not regulate rates or services

The rates, terms and quality of service of the satellite and cable companies are not regulated. The CRTC does not design channel packages for the cable companies. Consumers can inquire with other providers about their services and rates

I hope you find this information helpful.
Time to call back Bell.

4444 01-02-2015 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8575915)
You're not very good at detecting jokes or sarcasm are you? ;)

We all know sarcasm doesn't work online, and given the level of stupidity on this site, I can never just assume someone is trying to make a funny

hchang 01-02-2015 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4444 (Post 8575988)
We all know sarcasm doesn't work online, and given the level of stupidity on this site, I can never just assume someone is trying to make a funny

Oh really?

Traum 01-02-2015 02:00 PM

From my experience, the folks from Montreal are perfectly normal. But when I am travelling in Quebec and Gatineau, I definitely sense the same thing that you are referring to here.

Between stuckup Quebecois and the stuckup Mainland Chinese fellows, I just can't decide who is worse...
Quote:

Originally Posted by belaud (Post 8575924)

RRxtar 01-02-2015 02:15 PM

"I hate French people because they are stuck up and refuse to speak English" said the guy on an internet forum who refuses to learn French.

:suspicious: