REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > House and Home Renovations

House and Home Renovations THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Designing your new condo or townhouse? Renovating your kitchen? Share your photos and project ideas with other experts here! We're not just modifying our cars anymore..

Old 01-02-2015, 02:24 PM   #1
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Selling a home and notarizing documents

Hey guys,

I am selling my home and my closing date is coming up pretty soon. This is for a property in Ontario. This is my first experience with selling a home in another province and would love some advice from people with similar experiences. My lawyer mentioned a few months ago about getting documents notarized and I just want to make sure I have all my ducks in a row before the closing date, plus she is on Vacation and I can't get a response from her until monday.

I am assuming she meant the following (and please correct me if I am wrong)

- she preps the bundle of documents
- sends it to a notary of MY choice
- I pay the notary, I sign it, they stamp it
- return it to her?

If this is the case, does anyone know of any cheap notaries? Called a place in Surrey and they wanted

"not sure, between 150$ to 200$"....

I immediately hung up. If they were a real professional office they would know their prices, but instead they talked to me like a car mechanic does. Also, are there any free notaries owned by the city or ones that are open late? All of the notaries I saw were open only until 4:00-4:30. I work in Surrey (84/128) and live beside Coquitlam Center

Thanks guys
Advertisement
sebTeggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 12:52 PM   #2
I am Hook'd on RS

selling a home and worried about 150-200$..

insert same gif as above only larger....
highres604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-18-2015, 01:24 PM   #3
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 2,300 Times in 556 Posts
Quote:
"not sure, between 150$ to 200$"....
Completely normal. A notary typically charges a per-document or per page fee. Since they are confirming and certifying the documents are legit, the time required may change. How prepared you come, and your identifying documentation, also matters into the time it takes. You could arrive well organized with everything ready to go, or you could show up with a stack of unorganized papers and no idea what you need the Notary to do.

So a range, if you understand what they're doing, is a reasonable answer.

-Dave
CCA-Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-20-2015, 01:02 PM   #4
I bringith the lowerballerith

There are different types of services notaries offer. If its just a witness to signing a document then, it could be $50 or $100.

But real estate conveyancing includes dealing with multiple parties, and making sure all the docs are correct, then it would be more. I know when I did mine it was about $500 to $750
Nssan is offline   Reply With Quote