REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Manufacturer Tech Forums > Toyota / Lexus Tech Resources

Toyota / Lexus Tech Resources All Toyota & Lexus Tech info
THIS ADSPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT

Old 01-02-2015, 05:10 PM   #1
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Toyota Sienna Traction control problem

I have a 2007 Toyota Sienna FWD, 200k kms
This problem start few months ago, it first started with just right turn angle that would initiate the false traction control to turn on. Disabling doesnt help.
It would also make a ticking sound when doing right turn angle while accelerating. If I let go of accelerator, ticking will stop. Most of time TRAC control will kick in on highway, such as merging and off ramp.

This link is basically whats happening. But the difference is my car TRAC usually turns on when cornering on stead speed. Not when cruising straight.

I would like to get it fix, but Open Road Toyota Mechanic took me on a test drove and said they don't know exactly what cause this problem. Tells me to ignore it, until the TRAC lights are always on. I need recommendation on reputable shops that can fix and diagnose the problem.
It is very annoying especially when doing long distance.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you !
Advertisement
Pumbaa is offline   Reply With Quote