REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Witnesses needed :( (https://www.revscene.net/forums/700723-witnesses-needed.html)

Midnitez 01-09-2015 12:09 PM

Witnesses needed :(

Bus merged into me after I turned right onto Kingsway

9:40 am Joyce and Kingsway
:facepalm:

Presto 01-09-2015 12:15 PM

You're supposed to yield to buses pulling out.

murd0c 01-09-2015 12:18 PM

yup sadly this will be 100% your fault

b0unce. [?] 01-09-2015 12:19 PM

I think you might be fucked unless you can prove the bus didn't signal or anything prior to merging back into traffic

CRS 01-09-2015 01:25 PM

Buses also have dashcams so not sure what a witness will say that a dashcam doesn't already provide.

nma 01-09-2015 01:50 PM

bus merged when he turned RIGHT... that means bus was in left lane and merged in to him.. read the post guys lol

Habboy 01-09-2015 01:51 PM

Ya Sadly Buses have the right a way, no matter pretty much what...thanx for the brake?

Presto 01-09-2015 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nma (Post 8579144)
bus merged when he turned RIGHT... that means bus was in left lane and merged in to him.. read the post guys lol

A merge would indicate that the bus is on the curb lane, and moving into traffic. You don't merge from a left lane. That's just called a lane change, noob.

nma 01-09-2015 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Presto (Post 8579147)
A merge would indicate that the bus is on the curb lane, and moving into traffic. You don't merge from a left lane. That's just called a lane change, noob.

the term merge isn't that relevant.. he said he turned right

merged lane changed whateverr

what op meant I think was that he turned right and a bus from the left lane changed lanes and hit him from the left side

murd0c 01-09-2015 01:58 PM

more then likely bus went through intersection in the left lane had turn signal on and the OP didn't notice turned right and the bus hit him.

nma 01-09-2015 02:03 PM

Dash cam should show what happened, i'd listen to CRS and talk to translink

Unless, OP turned right and bus was pulling out and OP tried to go around and bus hit him, in that case it's OP's fault lol

Infiniti 01-09-2015 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murd0c (Post 8579152)
more then likely bus went through intersection in the left lane had turn signal on and the OP didn't notice turned right and the bus hit him.

http://i.giphy.com/9wZuFnWreJQgU.gif

GLOW 01-09-2015 02:39 PM

is this in front of the 711? i'm trying to picture it in my head...bus was going straight trying to get to the bus stop in front of 711 just as you were turning right on to kingsway?

if that's the case i think you might be hard pressed to win that one.

jonwon 01-09-2015 03:28 PM

Don't fuck with buses brah

mr_chin 01-09-2015 03:36 PM

Either way, northbound or southbound, the bus would be merging from the left lane to a bus stop when OP turned right onto kingsway. Therefore, the dashcam probably wouldn't have caught anything.

In this situation, I would say it's 100% OP's fault, assuming the bus was driving on kingsway and vehicles turning right must yield to oncoming traffic. I don't recall a bus route that goes on joyce (northbound or southbound) and turns left on kingsway, but if there is, then OP would not be at fault because vehicle turning left must yield to vehicle turning right, but would still need to argue probably.

l2_narain 01-09-2015 03:49 PM

Is this the fiat and bus accident this morning? I didn't see the accident itself but I saw when they were unloading the passengers from the bus to the sidewalk.

edit: the bus was sticking out of the middle of the intersection when I was heading southbound on joyce and turning into kingsway heading eastbound. The fiat and the bus looked like they sideswiped..

StylinRed 01-09-2015 04:21 PM

The op could have been turning right into the far left lane to avoid the bus only to have had caught the bus as it was merging

FerrariEnzo 01-09-2015 04:40 PM

So bus was coming down and you made the turn anyways?
Wouldnt this be your fault since your the one making the turn, who needs to yield to on-coming traffic?
I mean after all, there is a bus stop right after the intersection...

matrixfwd 01-09-2015 06:05 PM

Maybe he turned right , and decided to go into the left lane immediately at the same time to try and pass the bus accelerating out its stop?

Midnitez 01-09-2015 06:13 PM

Thx for the mixed interpretations... I turned right already. Maybe someone suddenly pulled the stop so bus went from middle lane to suddenly changing lanes mid intersection and basically cut into me.....

MG1 01-09-2015 07:29 PM

which part of your car got hit?

LenovoTurbo 01-09-2015 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnitez (Post 8579235)
Thx for the mixed interpretations... I turned right already. Maybe someone suddenly pulled the stop so bus went from middle lane to suddenly changing lanes mid intersection and basically cut into me.....

When you turned right, was it a red light? If it was, you needed to yield and make sure it was clear before making the turn.

MVA Section 129(3)
Fail to yield-right turn-red light $167 2 points.

Unfortunately, it is your fault. If anything, it might be 50/50.

http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/...ps56dfb80c.jpg

Midnitez 01-09-2015 07:38 PM

It was clear he was entirely in the middle lane... I wouldn't of even turned out if I saw that he had any intention of pulling over... I practically stopped and wanted to merge into the middle lane... then he plowed into my door as I shoulder checked to hope he would pass me so I could merge after...

I've always drove defensively throughout last 10 years n basically have road star... first time getting screwed over... I know it's probably going to look like it was my fault...

Hawflakes03 01-09-2015 10:47 PM

A lot of the buses now roll with cameras pointed at multiple angles. When a bus gets into an accident they can upload the footage to the ICBC adjuster who deals with the bus's claim. Your adjuster may also be able to view the footage. If you were not established in your lane you would be considered 100% responsible especially if you made a right turn on a red.

flagella 01-09-2015 11:52 PM

Your fault unless the bus started changing lane in the middle of intersection and T-boned you.