REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Suspension, Brakes , Wheels & Tires Tech

Suspension, Brakes , Wheels & Tires Tech THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Suspension components, brakes, Wheels and Tires. All things related to how your car handles...

Old 01-16-2015, 10:48 PM   #1
I am Hook'd on RS

Quick Release Horn Help

So I recently purchased a NRG short hub and a QR with a steering wheel and I can't get the horn to work for the life of me. I've tried all the videos on YouTube and searched the web for the way for my horn to work. Does anyone have any ideas or ways I can fix this? I feel weird driving around without a horn working LOL.

Thanks!
Advertisement
Russkii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 10:56 PM   #2
not the mod you're looking for

Thanked 1,512 Times in 539 Posts
What car?

Which version QR?

Which steering wheel/horn button?

If you can't provide the above information, my advice is to wire the cow udder to the donkey teeth and connect the battery.

Also, this is not 'Suspension, Brakes , Wheels & Tires Tech' related.
FN-2199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 11:02 PM   #3
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 7,030 Times in 3,012 Posts
Since you're required by law to have a functioning horn you should sort this out asap. There's a whopping 2 wires involved here so this shouldn't be difficult.
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 08:18 AM   #4
I am Hook'd on RS

I got a Honda Civic, verison 2.5 and it's a NRG horn and steering wheel. For some reason mines not working my nrg steering wheel has like 2 male ends and the qr has one female and one male...

Ps sorry I'm new
Old 01-17-2015, 07:56 PM   #5
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 7,030 Times in 3,012 Posts
QR should come with extra wires, I had the same problem (and the exact same QR) so I just removed the male end on the QR and screwed on the extra female one.
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 08:12 PM   #6
I am Hook'd on RS

I actually got it to work now! I just had to find the horn wire and just make sure it connects to the back of the hub. Thanks for the help!