REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Tesla Model 3: $28K USD after Incentives (https://www.revscene.net/forums/700904-tesla-model-3-%2428k-usd-after-incentives.html)

twitchyzero 01-17-2015 09:23 PM

Tesla Model 3: $28K USD after Incentives

http://www.bmwblog.com/wp-content/up...l-3-rear_0.jpg

The Tesla Model 3 Could Lease For About $200 Per Month

probably gonna be $45K+ here since incentives were axed
wonder what the reliability/maintenance is like on a Tesla
jalopnik worked out the leasing to be $250/mo...and leasing is arguably better for EVs

StylinRed 01-17-2015 09:49 PM

the us incentives may go up to $1ok too

cool for people interested in ev's

SoNaRWaVe 01-17-2015 09:56 PM

went on a Tesla factory tour while I was in San Fran with the wife. her friend took us in.

gotta say, i am interested in tesla's after the factory tour. and excited for this model. it was interesting on how they designed to allow 5 passengers in the back. though not sure if that made it into the tesla 3 models

hopefully the price will drop to roughly 40k mark. 45k still sounds too high.

!Aznboi128 01-17-2015 09:57 PM

For that price I would be very inclined to get one. But for BC incentives aren't the best comparing to California which is the targeted audience

Mr.Money 01-17-2015 10:06 PM

seeing more charge stations around vancouver

SoNaRWaVe 01-17-2015 10:31 PM

during the tour, the tour guide mentioned that tesla has strategically placed their chargers around united states and i believe some in canada. i think he mentioned one was in squamish. a full charge in one of these stations by tesla would only take 40 mins. he didn't mention how long it would take with a normal charger.

i think if these vehicles make it big in canada and they can put more of their chargers in strategic places, it would be awesome to do a road trip in the tesla.

Marshall Placid 01-17-2015 11:34 PM

A big part of the low selling price point is... the battery cost.

Tesla's new upcoming "giga" factory (or whatever he calls it) is supposed to lower battery costs by a lot.

By manufacturing their own batteries, this WILL translate into a low selling price point.

So, it will happen.

The Model 3 will be priced very, very competitively.

I think the cost of the battery, right now, for the Model S is $15,000 to $20,000 (if I remember correctly).

Who knows? Tesla MIGHT become a battery company instead of a car company.

That is the biggest reason of any type of stock appreciation on TESLA right now: other car companies buying Tesla batteries.

Manic! 01-18-2015 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marshall Placid (Post 8582602)
A big part of the low selling price point is... the battery cost.

Tesla's new upcoming "giga" factory (or whatever he calls it) is supposed to lower battery costs by a lot.

By manufacturing their own batteries, this WILL translate into a low selling price point.

So, it will happen.

The Model 3 will be priced very, very competitively.

I think the cost of the battery, right now, for the Model S is $15,000 to $20,000 (if I remember correctly).

Who knows? Tesla MIGHT become a battery company instead of a car company.

That is the biggest reason of any type of stock appreciation on TESLA right now: other car companies buying Tesla batteries.

Tesla get's it's batterys from Panasonic. The new factory in a joint venture with Panasonic.

Marshall Placid 01-18-2015 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manic! (Post 8582614)
Tesla get's it's batterys from Panasonic. The new factory in a joint venture with Panasonic.

Thanks for the clarification.

that voids my last 2 sentences in my previous post.

Still, the joint venture will provide much lowered battery costs for Tesla.

thumper 01-18-2015 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoNaRWaVe (Post 8582580)
during the tour, the tour guide mentioned that tesla has strategically placed their chargers around united states and i believe some in canada. i think he mentioned one was in squamish. a full charge in one of these stations by tesla would only take 40 mins. he didn't mention how long it would take with a normal charger.

i think if these vehicles make it big in canada and they can put more of their chargers in strategic places, it would be awesome to do a road trip in the tesla.

is there an online map of all the ev charging stations available in bc? i've seen them at malls like central city and brentwood, mountain co-op outlets, and some of the condos downtown have them but the latter is for tenants only...

hud 91gt 01-18-2015 06:43 AM

There is a couple on the street at kits beach taking up some good street parking spots ha.

JesseBlue 01-18-2015 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thumper (Post 8582646)
is there an online map of all the ev charging stations available in bc? i've seen them at malls like central city and brentwood, mountain co-op outlets, and some of the condos downtown have them but the latter is for tenants only...

i think the new west city government building has a few...seen quite a number of 'leafs' being charged

TouringTeg 01-18-2015 09:29 AM

Damn that Model 3 looks great. Hope it's available with those wheels.

I've been watching TSLA stock for a while now. It's been taking a beating lately because of oil prices. Nearly hit $260 in November and currently $193. Investors speculate that there will be less demand for electric cars if gas prices continue to fall.

LiveSmart BC - Transportation Rebates and Incentives

twitchyzero 01-18-2015 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoNaRWaVe (Post 8582580)
a full charge in one of these stations by tesla would only take 40 mins. he didn't mention how long it would take with a normal charger.

:ohgodwhy:
how long does a full charge last?

tiger_handheld 01-18-2015 09:50 AM

Supposedly this is to compete with the BMW 3 series within the same price range.

What do 3 series go for these days? 40-50k?

Seriously considering this to be my next car, haven't done any research on km's on a full charge though.

SoNaRWaVe 01-18-2015 09:46 PM

the regular EV charging stations you see at brentwood and what not are not the same as tesla charging stations. from what i understand, the tesla chargers can charge a full charge from empty in 40 mins.

Supercharger | Tesla Motors

that has a map on where the superchargers are placed. unfortunately it seems bc only has 3 and the rest of canada doesn't have any. but the US is loaded with em.

as for a map of the regular EV chargers, i have yet to find it.

there are different versions of the battery that you can buy when you get a tesla. but the biggest battery can last ~470km according to their site.

Your Questions Answered | Tesla Motors

tomatogunk 01-18-2015 09:52 PM

Interesting documentary about Tesla

asahai69 01-18-2015 10:29 PM

i want a Tesla S so bad....

asian_XL 01-19-2015 02:13 AM

I can't wait they release the 3 in Hong Kong. $35,000usd is like a Mazda 3 price here

GabAlmighty 01-19-2015 02:36 AM

Brb, parking my truck in a EV spot.

asian_XL 01-19-2015 03:30 AM

^

http://www.pixentral.com/pics/1aY49v...9ida6HF7Hm.jpg

Reeyal 01-19-2015 08:26 AM

Wow, really...

Tegra_Devil 01-19-2015 08:59 AM

oooooooooo kamloops has a few superchargers near my house.....interesting...my truck might need a new tesla sister...

Zulu 01-19-2015 10:45 AM

Looking forward to seeing how it turns out - could do with a second, more practical car and this model 3 certainly hits a lot of key points.

Tone Loc 01-19-2015 12:34 PM

Once they get charging times lower (say, 10-15 minutes) which I am sure will happen given enough R&D into the battery technology, I would definitely consider this as a daily driven second car. For long trips and such where infrastructure is uncertain (like rural areas) I'd keep a gas-engined vehicle around though...