REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Non-REVscene Social Meets (https://www.revscene.net/forums/non-revscene-social-meets_199/)
-   -   Jan 31st - 8pm @ Market Crossing (https://www.revscene.net/forums/701205-jan-31st-8pm-%40-market-crossing.html)

Akinari 01-29-2015 10:48 PM

Jan 31st - 8pm @ Market Crossing

***if there's no rain by 8 today the meat is still on!

After much consultation with members on here and heeding the general complaints about lack of meets, I thought I'd start the Market Crossing meet location back up again.

As we all know, Thursday night Market Crossing meets were shut down due to the inconsiderate actions of a few motorists, which generated several complaints from businesses around the area as well and got the police involved, which is completely against what Revscene has ever stood for. I understand that the shut down of the Thursday night meets was not directly associated with Revscene, but as those who used the space, we are responsible as well.

Which is exactly why I'd like to reiterate the meet etiquette as posted in ?NR's Unofficial Meets, Cruises and Events Rules thread:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ?NR (Post 3397182)
MEETS

• Please park your vehicle in a manner that is considerate to others.
• When meeting outside of your vehicles, try not to stand in the way of other traffic.
• Pick up after yourself and don’t leave a mess.
• If you do not wish to have your photo taken by other members and possibly having these photos posted on the ‘net, please park away from the group.

DISCLAIMER

!! REVscene.net discourages street-racing and dangerous driving. However, members are ultimately responsible for their own actions.

If this first test meet goes well, I would like to start a new Market Crossing bi-weekly meet on Saturday nights at 8pm for those who would like to come out on a weekend evening for a chat, check out some cars, for a quick coffee or a bite to eat.

There are some ground rules we will need to abide by, the first few weeks will be test meets to see how things go and the amount of cars that show up.

If any form of inconsideration for the general public is shown in the least bit or any kind of dangerous behaviour is exhibited by anyone, I will be shutting this meet down, and the police will be called immediately. There is absolutely ZERO TOLERANCE for any kind of inconsiderate behaviour which include:

- stupidity
- burnouts
- loud stereos
- street racing
- fights
- smoking weed or drinking
- attracting the attention of nearby neighbourhoods, businesses, and the police

If anyone is caught performing any of these acts, not only will you be publicly shamed on these forums, your actions will be reported to the police.

Given that Market Crossing is truly an ideal centralized location for the vast majority of us on Revscene, let's give ourselves a second chance and learn from the mistakes those have committed in the past. Please please please please please please keep your stupidity and your ego at home. This is meant to be a pleasant, friendly, inviting chance for everyone to come and meet new people, or reconnect with old ones.

***due to negative experiences in the past directly related to the Thursday night Market Crossing meets, I ask that you please absolutely refrain from posting this meet on any form of social media

SpeedStars 01-29-2015 10:55 PM

Its still cold out at night tho bruh

TjAlmeida 01-29-2015 10:58 PM

Wasn't it the property owner, or manager that asked for these to be shut down, and requested police presence? Maybe not, but have you spoken to this person about the possibility reusing this location.

Funny on Facebook I already saw a post about Thursday night meets starting up again.. Fuck that ticket fest. I would say this location, unless in small tight nit groups is a bad idea for awhile.

Just my 2 cents, and unfortunately I can not think of any better central location.

!Aznboi128 01-29-2015 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TjAlmeida (Post 8588754)
Wasn't it the property owner, or manager that asked for these to be shut down, and requested police presence? Maybe not, but have you spoken to this person about the possibility reusing this location.

Funny on Facebook I already saw a post about Thursday night meets starting up again.. Fuck that ticket fest. I would say this location, unless in small tight nit groups is a bad idea for awhile.

Just my 2 cents, and unfortunately I can not think of any better central location.

That's a good point we wouldn't want to overstep any boundaries

ts14 01-29-2015 10:59 PM

I already have one vi. Let's not get another thanks to Akinari :troll:

320icar 01-29-2015 10:59 PM

im off at 9:15 on saturdays, i could always drop by!

!Aznboi128 01-29-2015 11:11 PM

Title changed for Jan 31st for now.

meme405 01-30-2015 08:47 AM

Tmrw night really?

Its UFC...

Spoiler!

yray 01-30-2015 08:56 AM

LAST TIME I WENT TO AN AKINARI MEAT, I WENT 15MINS AFTER THE MEAT WAS SUPPOSE TO BEGIN... ONLY TOSD WAS THERE

ACCORDING TO A-CUP, LIEKINARI CAME 40MINS AFTER THE POSTED TIME

Akinari 01-30-2015 08:59 AM

AT LEAST I SHOW UP TO MY MEETS UNLIKE TS14 :troll: BETTER LATE THAN NEVER

Klondike 01-30-2015 10:21 AM

inb4

http://i.imgur.com/S06yXMm.jpg

Akinari 01-30-2015 03:34 PM

Looks like the weather took a turn for the worse and apparently it's 90% chance of rain :badpokerface: if it doesn't work out this week, we'll postpone to next Saturday!

nabs 01-30-2015 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klondike (Post 8588967)

im glad this nick name stuck.

Akinari 01-31-2015 11:42 AM

Postponed until further notice due to weather. No point having a meet when it's raining. Check back next week for next Saturday!

mb_ 01-31-2015 11:46 AM

There's no rain atm :derp:

Akinari 01-31-2015 04:35 PM

If there's no rain by 8pm I'll head down there

xXSupa 01-31-2015 06:27 PM

I'm gonna be in the area at around 8. I'll stop by, hopefully ya'll aren't late like last time LOL

yray 01-31-2015 06:34 PM

Yall liars

Akinari 01-31-2015 06:47 PM

Will be there around 8:30

J.C 01-31-2015 09:59 PM

pretty good turnout
i think the size was nice, not too big and there were no idiots

Jas29 01-31-2015 10:06 PM

The size was nice after going to the thursday night meets this seems like a much better alternative.

Parked by Akinari but didn't know who he was lol

Inaii 01-31-2015 10:07 PM

Were you in the white accord?

Jas29 01-31-2015 10:12 PM

Yes I was

Akinari 01-31-2015 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.C (Post 8589658)
pretty good turnout
i think the size was nice, not too big and there were no idiots

Pretty good turnout = 6 cars including mine and one that left :badpokerface:

The other cars there were not part of Revscene. For the majority of the meat it was just 3 cars :lawl: so pretty shitty turnout but expected I guess

Next meat will be Feb 7th mark your calenders!

xXSupa 02-01-2015 12:35 AM

I find it funny that three different car groups decided to hold a meet at the same place, same time. LOL.

I believe the other 2 were Status 105, and a KDM crew.