REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 11-15-2015, 07:04 PM   #251
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
zzz race

and not so many grid girls here, since there are grid guys too

Spoiler!
Advertisement
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 03:04 AM   #252
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,245 Times in 575 Posts
HonestTea is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-29-2015, 03:37 AM   #253

Watching the BBC stream and they're discussing the Driver of the Year.

Suzie: Who do you think is the driver of the year?
Christian Horner: Pastor Maldonado... : :
Suzie: He had some pretty nice saves this year
Christian Horner: He had some pretty nice crashes too :

Fucking LOL Christian Horner is on fire
This post thanked by:
Old 11-29-2015, 07:40 PM   #254

kind of eventful, but pretty wooot Kimi! Verstappen is 4 penalty points away from a single race ban

grid/fan girls

Spoiler!

Last edited by StylinRed; 12-01-2015 at 01:32 PM.
Old 11-30-2015, 01:05 AM   #255
I am on the internets

where does everyone watch their F1 apart from torrenting after the race. im spending 40 bucks on cable just to watch f1 and some tennis..
maxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 03:00 AM   #256

if im watching live, ill have tsn on tv and the sky coverage streaming

if im not watching live i make do with the dvr or dl
Old 11-30-2015, 09:26 AM   #257
private modder

Thanked 2,652 Times in 741 Posts
I have to admit, after many many many years of watching F1 religiously, I think the sport has finally lost my attention and me as a fan. I constantly forgot races were happening and never set my PVR to record them. Up until last season (and for the past 10 seasons approx) I'd set my PVR religiously and never missed a minute. The races I did watch this year, I fast forwarded through 1/3 of them on average.

This sport is broken. It is uncompetitive and boring to watch. Unfortunately the freeze on engine development has done more harm than good. Honestly, the only thing I enjoyed this season was the occasional Q3 qualifying (Lewis v Nico) and i'll give thanks to whomever came up with the idea of putting back the sparks coming off the baseboards.

I managed to watch years of Schumacher domination. I barely survived Vettel's time dominating everyone. 2014 was interesting because of the new engines. But 2015 I think has been the most disappointing for me.
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-30-2015, 02:25 PM   #258
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,800 Times in 1,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff-1 View Post
I have to admit, after many many many years of watching F1 religiously, I think the sport has finally lost my attention and me as a fan. I constantly forgot races were happening and never set my PVR to record them. Up until last season (and for the past 10 seasons approx) I'd set my PVR religiously and never missed a minute. The races I did watch this year, I fast forwarded through 1/3 of them on average.

This sport is broken. It is uncompetitive and boring to watch. Unfortunately the freeze on engine development has done more harm than good. Honestly, the only thing I enjoyed this season was the occasional Q3 qualifying (Lewis v Nico) and i'll give thanks to whomever came up with the idea of putting back the sparks coming off the baseboards.

I managed to watch years of Schumacher domination. I barely survived Vettel's time dominating everyone. 2014 was interesting because of the new engines. But 2015 I think has been the most disappointing for me.
My sentiments exactly. Same here, I started forgetting about races, and stopped really paying attention after Singapore. It doesn't help when TSN fucks viewers over and puts the races or quali on TSN2, which I refuse to pay extra for.

2012 was the last exciting season to watch for good competition among all the teams. Remember 7 different winners in 7 races?

I never understood the thought behind introducing a radical new engine package, and then placing a development freeze on it. It's like if a builder didn't knock it out of the park on the first try, they would have a hell of a time ever catching up. The "development tokens" are insufficient, there were so many races where the announcers were hyping up "Ferrari's new BIG engine development, More power!" and then seeing any actual track improvement.
They should have had a couple seasons of completely open development to allow builders to level the field and then froze it up.

I don't want to see "Tire Management", I don't want to see "Fuel Management".
I want to see drivers, driving the cars as hard as they can, throughout the whole race.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-30-2015, 06:11 PM   #259
I am on the internets

the race last weekend was bull, they were yelling at Lewis to turn his engine back down and stop playing around with his car... how is that racing
Old 11-30-2015, 06:26 PM   #260

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxx View Post
where does everyone watch their F1 apart from torrenting after the race. im spending 40 bucks on cable just to watch f1 and some tennis..
I usually just watch it live if I can, if not I'll set my PVR and watch it first thing when I wake up. I was with Telus and I had TSN1-4, so I could pretty much PVR everything. If the Telus program guide was wrong, I'd torrent it lol

However, I just changed to Shaw(cheaper) and the package I have doesn't include TSN2-4 and only TSN. I just looked around and was able to find a pretty good live stream and just watched it live. So I'll just do that from now on or torrent it a couple hours after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff-1 View Post

+1. It is getting quite boring, it's either fuel management, tire management or having Mercedes holding position. If the pecking order is still Merc with a 0.5-1sec lead over Ferrari and/or if McLaren isn't near the top, I think I'm gonna pull a Alonso and take a sabbatical from F1 : :
Old 11-30-2015, 11:14 PM   #261

Here's the BBC Awards

https://vid.me/qNDs
This post thanked by:
Old 12-01-2015, 08:01 AM   #262
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

I think its massively disappointing to watch where the sport is headed. Personally I feel this is the strongest group of drivers to ever race at one time and we watch them drive slowly.

Then the new rules come out with more aero and the tires aren't changing. I'll keep watching because I love racing and the caliber of driver is unmatched.. but it is frustrating.

Rich
Vancouver240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-01-2015, 11:19 AM   #263
I am on the internets

where do you get the live feeds online?
Old 12-01-2015, 01:31 PM   #264

I've posted the one i use before, but we're not allowed to make them a direct link, because google, so you'll have to discern it from this message here: only VIP users will be able to skip their set top BOX aka .TV to stream sports instead (one word btw)

and if you don't get it, just google the bold characters :P
This post thanked by: