REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Pet Forum

Pet Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Where my dogs at?! In here..
Where pet lovers congregate..

Old 02-24-2015, 07:37 PM   #1
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
Tofu

Today we laid our newest member of the family to rest. She had advanced osteosarcoma and was barely able to walk and eat/drink. When we got her, the lump was small and we were trying to fundraise for her to have an amputation done. Before we could get the amount required for the operation, the lump nearly doubled in size. In the space of about 2 weeks, it grew from 5.5cm x 5cm to almost 8cm x 6.5cm.

She was only with us a short time, but we loved her. This was my first time being present for a euthanasia, and it's something I hope I never have to do again. When we were saying our final goodbyes (she had already passed) I kept expecting her to meow at me for disturbing her sleep. She was so still and silent, I still feel deeply disturbed by it.

Goodbye Tofu, till we meet again.

Advertisement

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-25-2015, 12:34 AM   #2
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,114 Times in 482 Posts
RIP Tofu and my condolences. i was there when my dog was euthanize as well. up to this point in my life it was the hardest thing i have ever endured. took a long time to readjust my life without him. as the saying goes, time heals all.
Alby is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-25-2015, 01:37 AM   #3
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,743 Times in 3,864 Posts
Having to do the hard thing with a beloved pet is never easy, and you never get used to it. Just have to remember that it's very quick and painless. But our feels take a long time to heal.

Stay strong
Old 02-25-2015, 07:36 PM   #4
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
Thanks guys. She was technically my mom's cat, but I got really attached to her. I'm also the most emotional one in the family, so having to watch her go to sleep like that hit me the hardest I think. I told Raid3n if it needs to be done again, he has to go with Mom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote