REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-04-2015, 06:38 AM   #26
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanAir View Post
I'll agree that one should sympathize with her bad luck and the extent of damage. No one could know or predict that a chain would whip her car to pieces, and scare the hell out of her. I'm sure it was scary and it's a shame.

But I would think she's been alive long enough to figure out those types of car washes do more harm than good to your vehicle. Sure, the truck ahead was in part to blame, you're not supposed to have anything loose on your car or in your truck bed. And Petro Can is in part to blame for not paying attention to their machine. I'm just saying she is also in part to blame for going there to begin with.

But as they say, common sense is not that common.
Dude, whatever the fuck you are saying, stop now because it makes absolutely no sense in any way. Come back later and read your shit again.
Advertisement
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-04-2015, 07:25 AM   #27
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,811 Times in 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by knight604 View Post
That kids is why you wash your own car
that's why i let the rain wash my car

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-04-2015, 07:28 AM   #28
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Just let the media ride it out. Soon Petro with have so much bad rep coz of the media bashing it will just pay the woman.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 11:33 AM   #29
private modder

Thanked 2,643 Times in 737 Posts
Quote:

Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 11:47 AM   #30
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
To bad she didn't have a dash cam. The Youtube hits on it would have paid for a new vehicle. I'm sure I would have watched it a couple times lol

Edit: Also wouldn't it have beat the shit out of the truck too? At least the tail gate?

Berz out.
Old 03-04-2015, 11:56 AM   #31
Rs has made me the man i am today!

I went through this with Petro Canada. A truck a head of me somehow damaged one of the cleaning arms and it came loose and smacked my front bumper in my TL. I phoned Petro Canada right away and made a claim. I also took pictures of the damaged ARM that day and harassed the owner as well of that location. Eventually Petro Canada agreed and told me to get a quote. It cost $500 to fix. The bodyshop billed Petro directly. I didn't pay anything out of my pocket. I also got my car wash refunded.
fsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 12:18 PM   #32
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,059 Times in 1,179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
I went through this with Petro Canada. A truck a head of me somehow damaged one of the cleaning arms and it came loose and smacked my front bumper in my TL. I phoned Petro Canada right away and made a claim. I also took pictures of the damaged ARM that day and harassed the owner as well of that location. Eventually Petro Canada agreed and told me to get a quote. It cost $500 to fix. The bodyshop billed Petro directly. I didn't pay anything out of my pocket. I also got my car wash refunded.
Ever since that incident, do you still go to auto car washes?
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 03:34 PM   #33
I am Hook'd on RS

deleted

Last edited by Aria; 01-18-2019 at 01:58 PM.
Aria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 03:43 PM   #34
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
Ever since that incident, do you still go to auto car washes?
I still do but not to gas stations. I usually hit up Speedwash in Surrey. They are really customer service oriented.
fsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 09:34 PM   #35
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorneringArtist View Post
Lady takes new to her X1 to auto wash with brushes. Roller supposedly picks up chain that was in the bed of truck in front of her and wraps around it. Said chain and roller combo proceeds to go Street Fighter bonus stage over her car and causes serious damage. No one will take fault.
Wow it must have been scary as fuck sitting inside the car, imagine stuck in there with a huge ass metal chain smashing against your car! What if it broke through the window and whipped you across the face? And there's no way to get out unless you plan to ram through the washer poles, bars and overhead door!

Trying to get out might result in this...

In a similar topic...
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 10:47 PM   #36
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,245 Times in 575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
Wow it must have been scary as fuck sitting inside the car, imagine stuck in there with a huge ass metal chain smashing against your car! What if it broke through the window and whipped you across the face? And there's no way to get out unless you plan to ram through the washer poles, bars and overhead door!

Trying to get out might result in this...

In a similar topic...
http://youtu.be/SlZuKYEEn8I
That's some final destination shit right there lol
HonestTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 05:59 AM   #37
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
But I would think she's been alive long enough to figure out those types of car washes do more harm than good to your vehicle.
Are you high? "Those types" of washes have been used world-wide for DECADES without serious issues. If they were regularly doing "more harm than good" they would never have gotten off the ground to begin with.

FYI, we used to do the camera systems for Petro, including this one... I've seen plenty of video of car wash incidents, including from this store. Hell, I've been on site on a job when they've happened. 70% of the time it's a result of driver stupidity - loose parts hanging off before they even go in, not lining up properly to the tracks, putting the car in park before the trolley hooks them up, etc.

29.5% of the time the driver comes in complaining about damage that was there before they went in - either scamming, or just stupid and didn't notice it before.

THIS IS WHY THERE ARE CAMERAS IN THE WASH BAY. That store in particular has four: one just outside the entrance, two inside, and one over the exit. When dude comes storming in bleating about the damage to his car, it takes all of about two minutes to shut him up by showing him the video proving those scratches were already there... Or that they weren't there when he came out of the wash so something else happened between his leaving the wash and coming back to complain.

I used to have a wicked clip from the one on Granville Ave. in Richmond, some C-lai didn't line her RX up properly, took about six tries to even get the front wheel into the track and roll up to the keypad, and got dragged through with her back wheel outside the track... Or rather, got dragged halfway through and then got stuck inside when her front wheel popped up and was sitting across the track... until someone in the store noticed the system had shut off with the vehicle still inside.

The other 0.5% is the times that actually something wrong with the wash that causes damage to the car, and that's usually nothing more than minor scuffs and scratches, or maybe a small dent.

Quote:

Common sense is that nobody (ie. the operators) would still be using these types of washes if they were that bad - it would cost them more in claims than they make from them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-05-2015, 08:43 AM   #38
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
They're pretty great!

...at stripping wax, swirling paint, and eventually clear coat peeling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-05-2015, 09:33 AM   #39
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorneringArtist View Post
Edit: beaten to it but ill just leave it.

Lady takes new to her X1 to auto wash with brushes. Roller supposedly picks up chain that was in the bed of truck in front of her and wraps around it. Said chain and roller combo proceeds to go Street Fighter bonus stage over her car and causes serious damage. No one will take fault.
I laughed more than I should have in regards to the street fighter reference. This is relevant.
Lamboda is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-05-2015, 10:22 AM   #40
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
As far as I know she's mistaken a comprehensive claim won't effect her premiums. Petro Canada should pay the deductible plus any depression she'll have now owning a car with a 15-20K deceleration. It doesn't sound like they are going to do anything so she'll have to pay it and then sue them in small claims court, she'll probably win.
you'd think a multi billion dollar corporation would be less stingy with a couple of g's, in light of all the bad rep they'd get
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 03:53 PM   #41
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Spoiler!
lol, pretty much what I wanted to say, but thought would be a waste of time explaining to a guy with fucked up logic. Clearly too stupid to realize how dumb his post is.
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-05-2015, 09:28 PM   #42
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

I actually seen this car 1st hand, we had to cut out the windshield.
The damage is extensive, I would say its a write off.
Not only is there damage from the front to back(front bumper all the way to spoiler), but the interior was wet too.
I really hope there was no passenger, that would be 1 horific experience.
Managed to take pics, but ICBC contracted us, so I cant post any.

Intially I thought it was a pedestrian impact cause I only saw the front, & I was thinking I hope we dont have to cut that one out. Next day we get the call, & hear the story.
"DA"token Black is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-05-2015, 10:26 PM   #43
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,380 Times in 3,462 Posts
In the east cost all they use is are brush type car washes. No way a touchless is going to get rid of all the grime and salt from there winters.
Old 03-05-2015, 11:27 PM   #44
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

WTF to the people saying she should have had it coming.... How the fuck can you be that obtuse.

Hope all goes well for her, just fix the damn car and don't ask for more. Not sure how depreciation money would work, because I consider this an accident and ICBC never paid me anything for depreciation, nor did I expect them to. Shit happens. Not like its some collectors car or anything.
z3german is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 10:22 PM   #45
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Vicious View Post
you'd think a multi billion dollar corporation would be less stingy with a couple of g's, in light of all the bad rep they'd get
In this case, they only get a bad rep if people actually thought this was caused by the wash itself, but there's no indication that the wash wasn't operating properly. Fortunately, most probably realize that the fault lies with the idiot in the truck with the loose chain, despite all car washes having had signs for years warning against having anything loose on the vehicle.

Also, it's a lot more than "a couple of g's"... Like ten times more. The store paying for that out of the goodness of their hearts sets a very dangerous precedent that tells others "hey, doesn't matter if it's not our fault, we'll pay for it anyway... come take advantage of us!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote