REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > The John Norwich Riders Corner

The John Norwich Riders Corner In honour of our fellow moderator: John Norwich R.I.P. September 17th, 2014
Buy, sell, trade bikes and gear, set up bike rallies, meet discussions. #revscenebikes

Old 03-10-2015, 10:48 AM   #26
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,557 Times in 511 Posts
Top Left: AGV Diesel Hi-Jack
Top Right: AGV K3 Dreamtime Helmet (Bros)
Bottom Left: Kaos Carbon Helmet
Bottom Right: AGV K4 EVO Vyrus Full-Face Motorcycle Helmet

BTW, I have 2 helmet racks for sale. I haven't posted yet, but for RS $50ea, if no interests I will throw them on CL for $70. Fits 4 helmets and allows you to either air dry gloves or just throw them on the rack. Use coat hangers and hand your jackets off them.
Advertisement

Current:
2006 Honda Fourtrax Rancher 400cc ATV (Offroad trails + Winter Snow Plow)
1995 Toyota Tacoma (Toy Hauler)
2003 Honda Civic SIR (Daily Beater)
2018 KTM 390 Duke (Gas Saver)
2017 Subaru WRX Sport-Tech + STI 6MT (Weekend Track)

Past:
2014 Honda Grom
1971 MG MGB Tourer
Kayo MR125 Race Bike
2001 Honda Odyssey
2009 Toyota Corolla CE
2007 Honda Ruckus
2007 Husqvarna SM610 SuperMoto
2001 Honda S2000

Last edited by Dragon-88; 03-10-2015 at 01:24 PM.
Dragon-88 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-10-2015, 05:23 PM   #27
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,850 Times in 887 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raid3n View Post
how is that helmet? that was one of the ones i was looking at.
i'm a new rider and it's my first helmet, so i don't really have a reference point for comparison (aside from the brief moments i tried on other ones). But if i had to point out anything, i'd say that it's very comfortable and lightweight. To be honest, i didn't really know what to look for in a helmet, especially when helmets range from $100 to $800+.... but i figured if this is good enough for them to use in MotoGP, it's good enough for me.
bobbinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 06:24 PM   #28
?NR
MonoPod 1 of 3

Thanked 1,024 Times in 444 Posts
glad to see that I'm not the only one with a helmet fetish
?NR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 10:22 PM   #29
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
Shoei RF-1000 Diabolic....FOREVER!!!

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-11-2015, 08:00 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stRider View Post
Shoei RF-1000 Diabolic....FOREVER!!!
Was expecting username correlation

Old 03-12-2015, 05:51 AM   #31
2-Wheelin' Mod

Somebody I follow on IG :

Old 03-12-2015, 09:31 AM   #32
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
picture didn't work :c

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 05:17 PM   #33
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbinka View Post
i'm a new rider and it's my first helmet, so i don't really have a reference point for comparison (aside from the brief moments i tried on other ones). But if i had to point out anything, i'd say that it's very comfortable and lightweight. To be honest, i didn't really know what to look for in a helmet, especially when helmets range from $100 to $800+.... but i figured if this is good enough for them to use in MotoGP, it's good enough for me.
Hi,

I was wondering if you got that helmet locally?
maxxxboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 05:32 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxxboost View Post
Hi,

I was wondering if you got that helmet locally?
Hello,

I bought it at Burnaby Kawasaki.
Old 03-12-2015, 08:34 PM   #35
2-Wheelin' Mod

From IG :

Awesome collection!
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2015, 08:34 PM   #36
2-Wheelin' Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbinka View Post
Hello,

I bought it at Burnaby Kawasaki.
Burnaby Kawasaki! A+++++++

I bought my helmet there ... they gave me the best price I could possibly have gotten anywhere (web included).
Old 03-15-2015, 11:01 AM   #37
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
HOW DID I MISS THIS THREADDDDD???

Will post when I get home
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-23-2015, 02:52 AM   #38

Finally had time to come back to this thread!

Been super busy,

I started riding 3 years ago, and started to have an addiction for helmets!

This is where my helmets are being placed temporary as I am throwing away some stuff to make a nice wall for my helmets!

3 of the helmets are my girlfriends and the rest are mine!

The list goes:

Start from Left to right Top to bottom!

1. Arai Valentino Corsair V Fiction Red [Girlfriend's] (Got this for my girlfriend to match me when she just started riding)

2. AGV Valentino Rossi GP-Tech Elements (Never used it as I got it a few months back)

3. AGV Valentino Rossi Carbon Pista GP (My first Pista GP, was really hard to make this first purchase as it was a little too expensive, but my favorite helmet hands down, the vision and the lightness of the helmet is amazing! This helmet was limited to 1500 produced!)

2nd row

4. Arai Corsair V Fiction Black (my first helmet for riding!, I love the helmet, the one I use the most! Got this as a first helmet to ride around in, was recommended by many friends to go with Arai as you can't go wrong! Fit's my head great

3rd Row

5. AGV Valentino Rossi Double Face Winter Test 2014 Sole Luna Pista GP (This is a special one indeed, it's the first Rossi helmet to have a Sponsor logo on it (Note the Monster logo on the front and rear compared to the other Sole Luna Beside it) Also this one is extra special as when they made this helmet it was intended for Corsa version for the public, but for the Asia market they made 1000 of these in Pista GP where the helmet is a full carbon shell. The corsa has the same shape and size and the only difference is literally if the shell is exposed carbon where if on the corsa there were black lines, it would be carbon on the Pista.

6. AGV Valentino Rossi Tartaruga Corsa (This is probably one of the more popular Rossi helmets out there, out of a big group of my friends that ride we have over 10 of these in our group! It was limited to 2000 of these but if I recall correctly they ended up making another batch pushing it to 4000 made. I absolutely love the graphic of this helmet, as that morning Rossi unveiled this helmet at Mugello 2013. The only problem that I had with this helmet was that they never made a Pista GP version of it, I really do think the Pista GP version that Rossi wore during Mugello weekend would have been by far better but you can't win them all. What is also extremely awesome about this helmet is that on the side there is an illustration of 4 guys running in the colour, Orange, Red, Blue, Yellow, the story behind those 4 stickman running is about Rossi where he trying to chase his competitors in MotoGP!)

7. Suomy Chain Vandal [Girlfriend's] (This was bought when my girlfriend and I went to MotoGP at Laguna Seca, there were tons of booths there and we were able to score some great discounts! It is really sad that Laguna for MotoGP is not there anymore, but at the same time lucky to able to experience it before it was too late to.)

4th Row

8. AGV Valentino Rossi Sole Luna Pista GP (This is such a beautiful helmet, I actually purchased this because of CharlieH. I purchased it a few weeks after I bought the Rossi 46 Carbon Pista GP... I bought the Rossi 46 Carbon and help CharlieH purchase his Sole Luna Pista GP during a trip to Hong Kong and I opened the box to take some pictures along side my new helmet. I fell inlove with the graphic and ended up purchasing the helmet as well. I was looking at CharlieH's day in day out and actually the day I had to leave Hong Kong back to Vancouver, I called the rep at Dainese Hong Kong and told them that I wanted to purchase the helmet. But they were not opened, but because I was leaving Hong Kong that day, the sales rep actually went back to the store to open just for me to purchase this helmet, and I am glad I did as a friend of mine wanted to buy one after and was not able to allocate another Pista GP version and only the Corsa.

9. AGV Valentino Rossi Tartaruga Corsa [Girlfriend's] (Same as above!)

10. Suomy Gamble SR-Sport (This helmet shell is an improved version of the Suomy Spec 1R Extreme, this is a lighter and a new version to replace the existing top of the line shell made by Suomy. fT-z33wor actually owns the older version of mine which had a very similar graphic called the Gambler in the Spec 1R shell! The amazing part about this helmet is, it is super lightweight and it feels amazing! This is what I have been using as of lately for track!)

11. HJC Motorsport Helmet (This helmet was bought for me by my girlfriend when I was younger, when I used to track cars I would use this helmet and also go-karting! But since riding I have not used this helmet)

Not Pictured:

12. HJC Lorenzo Carbon Replica RPHA-10 (This is a beautiful helmet, the one that Lorenzo regularly wears during his MotoGP season. It's very light as well and looks absolutely amazing! I have this helmet store in Hong Kong for if I need to ever ride in Hong Kong

I also have 2 helmets on order at the moment, awaiting delivery:

13. AGV Valentino Rossi Misano Give Us A Hand Pista GP (This was debuted last season by Rossi and his team during Misano 2014. Same with the Double Face Winter Test Sole Luna, the Asia version will produce a limited amount of this helmet in Pista GP! This helmet should actually arrive to Dainese Hong Kong next month! If I recall correctly there are 1000 of this helmet in Pista GP made! This helmet is really cool and shows that Rossi is such a down to earth guy and he cares about each and every individual person on his team! The helmet feature hand prints of Team Movistar Yamaha MotoGP team mechanics which was always behind Rossi and he pays homage to them! Also the helmet has the paw prints of both his dogs Cesare and Cecilia, his cat Rossano. But also features two lipstick prints from the two most important women in his life, his mother Stefania and his girlfriend Linda. The helmet also features the fingerprint of Aldo Drudi who is the designer of his helmets! What is also amazing was that Rossi won this race which is always very special to Rossi as he was infront of his crowd, family and friends. I can't wait to receive this helmet)

14. AGV Valentino Rossi Snow Flake Winter Test 2015 Pista GP (I just ordered this helmet yesterday as it was made available for pre-order yesterday. The Rossi Snow Flake winter test is a pretty cool looking helmet, I think it is very suitable as a design for "Winter Test" as this is during the cold season and right after the Christmas Holidays where everyone is trying to stay warm. The helmet features the colour that Rossi likes to use which is florescent yellow! On this helmet there are Christmas/Winter theme on it there are Reindeers, Christmas Tress, and snow flakes. The best part about this helmet is how ironic it is, it was debuted at Sepang where it was extremely hot, even during the day it was 30-degree weather!

From what I remember that is basically it for my helmet collections! Only thing I have left are some toy helmets that are replica of Rossi's helmets and some other toys!

If anyone have any questions about my helmets feel free to ask and if you would like more close-up and detailed picture feel free to ask and I will go take some nicer pictures of the helmet you guys would like to see
Old 03-23-2015, 06:16 AM   #39
Banned By Establishment

What is the name & location of the store in HK?
Will be back there Wed.
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 06:23 AM   #40
Banned By Establishment

If I get a chance to drop into the store, should I drop your name as a referral?
Old 03-25-2015, 09:07 PM   #41
Banned By Establishment

Is there an AGV dealer closer?
Old 03-25-2015, 09:57 PM   #42
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,051 Times in 265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerman88 View Post
Is there an AGV dealer closer?
Pretty sure Bayside carries AGV stuff.

2007 Ducati SportClassic SE #72/100
1979 Honda CB 750 Café-Fighter
2008 Yamaha R6 (Track)
bananana is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-26-2015, 12:40 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerman88 View Post
If I get a chance to drop into the store, should I drop your name as a referral?
Dainese Hong Kong is in North Point!

Look for a girl named Abby, she hooks me up, show her the picture of my collection and she will know who
Old 03-26-2015, 04:25 PM   #44
Banned By Establishment

Thanks
Old 03-26-2015, 05:27 PM   #45
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,557 Times in 511 Posts
Where do you guys get most of your helmets from online?

@Vale46Rossi - Seems like you have enough Pista GP's to open up your own shop. I'm all for super light durable helmets, but i'm still a clumsy one so maybe not so soon. Any recommendations for the best purchase? I have a K3 & K4 do you know if the sizing is the same with the Pista GP's?

Also how do you guys fit your helmets. I bought a large K4 and it fits fairly tight but as it wears in its getting a little less snug. If I purchased a medium size, it would be freaking tight for awhile.. Do you guys usually just pick up a tighter one and it works out in the end to have better fitment?

Current:
2006 Honda Fourtrax Rancher 400cc ATV (Offroad trails + Winter Snow Plow)
1995 Toyota Tacoma (Toy Hauler)
2003 Honda Civic SIR (Daily Beater)
2018 KTM 390 Duke (Gas Saver)
2017 Subaru WRX Sport-Tech + STI 6MT (Weekend Track)

Past:
2014 Honda Grom
1971 MG MGB Tourer
Kayo MR125 Race Bike
2001 Honda Odyssey
2009 Toyota Corolla CE
2007 Honda Ruckus
2007 Husqvarna SM610 SuperMoto
2001 Honda S2000
Dragon-88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 05:30 PM   #46
Banned By Establishment

Should be really snug when new but not so tight that your head hurts. As the padding breaks in, it will loosen a little. Remember, you can always replace the pads in the helmet.
Old 03-26-2015, 05:30 PM   #47
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananana View Post
Pretty sure Bayside carries AGV stuff.

I guess I should have specified in HK while I am here.
Old 03-27-2015, 06:59 AM   #48
2-Wheelin' Mod

@Vale46Rossi - I nominate you for POST OF THE YEAR.

Amazing collection!!! I'm very, very impressed! Nicely done!!!
This post thanked by:
Old 03-29-2015, 08:50 AM   #49

Thanked 1,538 Times in 495 Posts
Just inherited this from my cousin. He bought it new but was too small. (Arai Vector-2)

cdizzle_996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 02:26 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon-88 View Post
Where do you guys get most of your helmets from online?

@Vale46Rossi - Seems like you have enough Pista GP's to open up your own shop. I'm all for super light durable helmets, but i'm still a clumsy one so maybe not so soon. Any recommendations for the best purchase? I have a K3 & K4 do you know if the sizing is the same with the Pista GP's?

Also how do you guys fit your helmets. I bought a large K4 and it fits fairly tight but as it wears in its getting a little less snug. If I purchased a medium size, it would be freaking tight for awhile.. Do you guys usually just pick up a tighter one and it works out in the end to have better fitment?

To be honest, and don't take this the wrong way...

The K3 is a piece of crap compared to any other AGV helmets, they are cheaply made and its entry level.

Pista GP is shaped a bit differently as well, but the Pista GP offers A LOT of customization where you can adjust how it sits on your crown.

The K-3 is no where near the quality of the GP-Tech and that's almost a decade old.