REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   WestJet Flight Attendant does a Uptown Funky dance. (https://www.revscene.net/forums/702133-westjet-flight-attendant-does-uptown-funky-dance.html)

pastarocket 03-11-2015 07:19 PM

WestJet Flight Attendant does a Uptown Funky dance.

Bruno Mars may be proud of this Westjet flight Attendant showing some funky dance moves just before a flight. :smug:

Caralee Savage is one smooth dancer!

-more entertaining than the flight attendants performing those emergency drills. :lawl:

WestJet flight attendant's dance moves are ridiculously funky - Trending - CBC News

The amazing pre-flight moves of Calgary flight attendant Caralee Savage have gone viral around the world. And it only takes one viewing to see why.

In the short clip, Savage gets down in the aisle to "Uptown Funk," the mega-popular tune from DJ Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars. Her moves are every bit as funky as the track.

The video has been watched more than 1.6 million times since Savage posted it to YouTube on Monday.

“My captain introduced me saying I had a little performance for them and that I’d offer workshops in the air,” Savage writes in the video’s description.

Savage comes by her moves honestly. The West Jet flight attendant is a former member of Calgary-based Legacy One, a non-profit organization that uses urban arts to empower young people.

meme405 03-11-2015 07:23 PM

WestJet has the coolest flight attendants, they are the only airline that would do this sort of shit.

And that was pretty entertaining...But seriously I hate that song...lol

RevYouUp 03-11-2015 07:25 PM

This song neeeds to dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, along with "Happy". When these songs play on the radio I wanna drive into a ditch. Especially when the stations play them at the exact same time. There's no escape

Dragon-88 03-11-2015 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RevYouUp (Post 8608325)
This song neeeds to dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, along with "Happy". When these songs play on the radio I wanna drive into a ditch. Especially when the stations play them at the exact same time. There's no escape

The problem is you still use a radio.. LOL

RevYouUp 03-11-2015 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragon-88 (Post 8608327)
The problem is you still use a radio.. LOL

Sometimes, there's no choice :ohgodwhy:

Dragon-88 03-11-2015 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RevYouUp (Post 8608329)
Sometimes, there's no choice :ohgodwhy:

:okay:

Expresso 03-11-2015 11:04 PM

The Southwest of Canada.

hchang 03-11-2015 11:13 PM

WestJets got a smart business model

Makes a world of a difference when your "employees" actually care

MG1 03-12-2015 01:47 AM

Put some liquor in it!

Noir 03-12-2015 02:57 AM

Wow. that's some decent lockin'. She looks like she's just playin around so I'm guessing she's a better locker than that vid.

belka 03-12-2015 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meme405 (Post 8608323)
WestJet has the coolest flight attendants, they are the only airline that would do this sort of shit.

There is a line between being cool and professional, WJ F/As are on that line. Most of the time I just want to get on my flight and get to my destination. I think Air Canadas F/A are more professional while WJs are just sometimes too much. I just want to get to my destination, I don't always need to be entertained.

N8 03-12-2015 06:39 AM

Westjet is the best.

$45 upgrade to Plus includes one checked bag, all you can eat and drink (booze).

CivicBlues 03-12-2015 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by belka (Post 8608515)
There is a line between being cool and professional, WJ F/As are on that line. Most of the time I just want to get on my flight and get to my destination. I think Air Canadas F/A are more professional while WJs are just sometimes too much. I just want to get to my destination, I don't always need to be entertained.

I can't agree more. If the plane's in distress I'd want a flight attendant who can get me off safely and in one piece. Who gives a flying fuck (excuse the pun) if she can dance or wisecrack over the intercom??

All these "viral videos" are starting to look like another lame marketing gimmick like they do every so often. Seriously in a country this size we only have 2 airline choices?

meme405 03-12-2015 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CivicBlues (Post 8608594)
I can't agree more. If the plane's in distress I'd want a flight attendant who can get me off safely and in one piece. Who gives a flying fuck (excuse the pun) if she can dance or wisecrack over the intercom??

Have you been given a reason to believe that Air Canada flight attendants would do better than WestJet flight attendants in the event of an emergency?

I can't believe you guys would rather some cold bitch serve you on your plane, and give you the safety briefing, rather than someone who genuinely appears to care, and that appears to be very personable. If this is true, then fine, that's your choice, but keep in mind that there are often children on flights, or people who don't like flying, or get nervous, and this type of stuff does a lot to calm those people, or take their mind off things that they don't want to think about.

Having a little bit of fun to go along with the safety briefing goes a long way to making it more comfortable for those that rather not think about going down in a ball of flames, or having a crash landing in the ocean.

Also keep in mind that this was nothing to do with westjet, this women uploaded this video herself, to her own youtube account.

quasi 03-12-2015 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meme405 (Post 8608602)
Have you been given a reason to believe that Air Canada flight attendants would do better than WestJet flight attendants in the event of an emergency?

Agreed, one doesn't equal the other there is no reason that I'm aware of to believe that one is better then the other when it comes to Safety.

Personally Air Canada is my last choice when choosing a carrier I only fly with them when I have no other choice. The great thing about having multiple options is we can all pick and choose who we want to fly with. It's like food, so subjective we all have different needs, wants and experience and at the end of the day we'll all vote with our wallet.

XplicitLuder 03-12-2015 10:43 AM

Am I the only one who goes through the off topic on Rs and sees " Wesjet Flight Attendant does an *insert singing voice* Uptown funky dance, uptown funky dance " lol

CivicBlues 03-12-2015 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meme405 (Post 8608602)

I can't believe you guys would rather some cold bitch serve you on your plane, and give you the safety briefing, rather than someone who genuinely appears to care, and that appears to be very personable. If this is true, then fine, that's your choice, but keep in mind that there are often children on flights, or people who don't like flying, or get nervous, and this type of stuff does a lot to calm those people, or take their mind off things that they don't want to think about.

Having a little bit of fun to go along with the safety briefing goes a long way to making it more comfortable for those that rather not think about going down in a ball of flames, or having a crash landing in the ocean.

Also keep in mind that this was nothing to do with westjet, this women uploaded this video herself, to her own youtube account.

I'm not a shill for Air Canada if that's what you're asking. I'm just merely stating my opinion that if a flight attendant is dancing around and joking it doesn't project an aura of professionalism to me. I don't want my doctor or nurse to start doing stand up when they're triaging patients. She could be the employee of the month for all I care and be trained up the ying-yang in CPR andflight evacuation procedures. But when I see stuff like this online, I just FailFish. I also roll my eyes when people compare airline stewardess' attractiveness. And of course certain Asian airlines that hire 19 year olds are always on the top of the list. I mean WHO GIVES A FLYING FUCK WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE?! It's not like any of you are going to be banging them in the lavatory anytime soon. If the plane having any issues, I'd much rather have that 50 year old veteran that looks like Margaret Thatcher who knows what they're doing.

Flying isn't supposed to be fun or enjoyable (at least any more). It's a bus in the sky at this point in history. Get me to my destination on time, in one piece, and with the least possible discomfort and I'm happy. But then again according to all of you I probably have a stick up my ass for thinking this way.

meme405 03-12-2015 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CivicBlues (Post 8608679)
I'm not a shill for Air Canada if that's what you're asking. I'm just merely stating my opinion that if a flight attendant is dancing around and joking it doesn't project an aura of professionalism to me. I don't want my doctor or nurse to start doing stand up when they're triaging patients. She could be the employee of the month for all I care and be trained up the ying-yang in CPR andflight evacuation procedures. But when I see stuff like this online, I just FailFish. I also roll my eyes when people compare airline stewardess' attractiveness. And of course certain Asian airlines that hire 19 year olds are always on the top of the list. I mean WHO GIVES A FLYING FUCK WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE?! It's not like any of you are going to be banging them in the lavatory anytime soon. If the plane having any issues, I'd much rather have that 50 year old veteran that looks like Margaret Thatcher who knows what they're doing.

Flying isn't supposed to be fun or enjoyable (at least any more). It's a bus in the sky at this point in history. Get me to my destination on time, in one piece, and with the least possible discomfort and I'm happy. But then again according to all of you I probably have a stick up my ass for thinking this way.

No we don't think you have a stick up your ass. Although you're making the process of flying somewhere sound remarkably similar to the process of getting a prostate exam. Especially with the line bolded above.

Also given the choice between being served by a perfect 10 model, and a some bitter 50 year old mother of 3. All else relatively equal I'm gonna be picking the perfect 10 model. That goes for wherever I am, restaurants, bars, doctors office, etc.

Sorry but my dick knows no boundaries.

ALSO:

Quote:

It's not like any of you are going to be banging them in the lavatory anytime soon.

Speak for yourself. :ifyouknow: :whistle:

CivicBlues 03-12-2015 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meme405 (Post 8608684)
No we don't think you have a stick up your ass. Although you're making the process of flying somewhere sound remarkably similar to the process of getting a prostate exam. Especially with the line bolded above.

Also given the choice between being served by a perfect 10 model, and a some bitter 50 year old mother of 3. All else relatively equal I'm gonna be picking the perfect 10 model. That goes for wherever I am, restaurants, bars, doctors office, etc.

Sorry but my dick knows no boundaries.

ALSO:

Speak for yourself. :ifyouknow: :whistle:

Right, I forgot for a second this was Revscene, where everyone has a 10-inch penis and bangs supermodels all the time. :rukidding:

Of course all else being equal I'd rather have a perfect-10 model provide all services to me, but that's not how the world works now is it? Just going by looks and no other assumptions, would you rather have one or the other peforming your heart bypass (not penis enlargement) surgery?

http://images.wisegeek.com/male-doctor.jpg
or
http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumb_3...9718L05TsQ.jpg

You seem to forget that Flight Attendants similarity have your life in their hands as well. Great if you only see them as waitresses in the sky, I'm sure they'll love it if you tell them that.

Ball.J.Inder 03-12-2015 04:39 PM

Westjet hires a bunch of dumbasses from my experience. I once had some flamboyant crew chief when I was going on vacation who was rude as fuck. The next year while going on another vacation that same crew led by the flamboyant asswipe was staying at my resort while waiting for their next flight. When the girls are off the job they are all stuck up b!tches who are suprisingly ignorant given their jobs in the travel industry, rude towards residents and other tourists, and borderline racists. They don't even know much about Canada. Not to mention when I saw an extremely drunk fat f*ck pissing himself in the resort bar and asked if he was alright, Mr. Flamboyant came up to me freaking out and I asked if he knew the guy and he said he was the pilot and had a flight the next day. WTF?

I know I just described one crew, but from my other experiences (I fly westjet a lot because there aren't many vacation providers in Canada that I'm aware of) a lot of them are asswipes.

Durrann 03-12-2015 09:23 PM

air canada and west jet needs to hire young attractive ladies
then i'll pay attention to them safety briefings

AzNightmare 03-12-2015 11:07 PM

Man... reading this thread makes me wonder how do you guys all expect so much from flight attendants.

I never had a problem with flight attendants. They push the carts, they give you the food. Good enough.
I never knew I was supposed to expect to be pampered too and that I was supposed to complain about not getting any special treatment.

:pokerface:

InvisibleSoul 03-13-2015 08:46 AM

Quote:

I'm not a shill for Air Canada if that's what you're asking. I'm just merely stating my opinion that if a flight attendant is dancing around and joking it doesn't project an aura of professionalism to me.

Again, there is still nothing to imply that the fun flight attendants are any worse at dealing with the situation in the event of an emergency than the super serious flight attendants.

If it's just your feeling of unease because you perceive it to be a lack of professionalism, maybe that's your own hangup...

CivicBlues 03-13-2015 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul (Post 8609311)
Again, there is still nothing to imply that the fun flight attendants are any worse at dealing with the situation in the event of an emergency than the super serious flight attendants.

If it's just your feeling of unease because you perceive it to be a lack of professionalism, maybe that's your own hangup...

It's not a hangup and I never said that having fun means you can't do your job. BUT for example, do you want your doctor to be wisecracking during your mammogram in order to "lighten the situation"?

Do you want a police officer to be doing a jigg just "for the fun of it" when you're reporting that you've been mugged?

The same goes for flight attendants. Their PRIMARY job is to get you on and off the plane safely. It's NOT (as commonly believed) to serve you drinks and to serve as eye candy for you. FailFish

Hondaracer 03-13-2015 09:17 AM

If you crashing, you crashing. Don't think I need attendants to tell me how to open the emergency door or how to slide down a slide when everyone's in a mad panic