REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-16-2015, 12:28 AM   #1
RS controls my life!

Where can I purchase large leather cuts?

I am searching for various kinds of leather pieces probably a 12x12 inch cuts ranging from italian leather to vegetable tan leather. I have been to a few leather shops this weekend but they only sell the whole roll of leather which starts at 60-200$ per roll and will not cut small pieces out!

Anyone here able to help me out that knows a friend, family member or yourself know where I can get my hands on small pieces that is cheap for small projects I'd like to handcraft? Large cuts are okay as well as long as they are not too expensive because I would like to try out a variety of thicknesses for different leathers. Thanks!
Advertisement
Old 03-16-2015, 07:27 AM   #2
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
I was looking online at one time and everyone seemed to get the best deals on eBay honestly. But now that i think of it, customs may be a bit of a bitch. You'd have to look into it.
Old 03-16-2015, 07:30 AM   #3
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,582 Times in 4,298 Posts
try a shoe repair store (Cobbler) they might have pieces laying around they will sell you.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-16-2015, 09:38 AM   #4
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Lonsdale leather on 5th between Manitoba and ontario.
rslater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 05:25 PM   #5
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,051 Times in 265 Posts
Try tandyleather.com They also have scrap bags somewhere, which will have a ton of different pieces of scrap. You won't find anything 12x12 -- that's asking a bit much. You'll have to buy full hides if you want that size and no one will cut that for you. It's just not worth the money.

2007 Ducati SportClassic SE #72/100
1979 Honda CB 750 Café-Fighter
2008 Yamaha R6 (Track)
bananana is offline   Reply With Quote