REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-18-2015, 01:21 AM   #1
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,550 Times in 1,368 Posts
Trade anything for car - new business model?

ok so traditionally, you can trade in your car to get a different car at dealerships..

but this one is a little different

here's their website: Pawn-a-Thon Used Car Sale 2015 | Galaxy Motors Used Cars and Auto Repair

Do you think this is actually a good idea? This sort of business model might work for other industry/business as well.
Advertisement
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 08:43 AM   #2
I STILL don't get it

They just factored it into the markup, no different than marking something up 100% then calling it a 50% off sale..
iamed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-18-2015, 09:25 AM   #3
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,122 Posts
^^yup. Just a gimmick to draw up more business. Not a bad thing if you go into it realizing that.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:48 AM   #4
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 8,250 Times in 3,275 Posts
It's like dealer invoice sales......... they don't tell you about the incentives they get from manufacturer that makes up for it.

substitute the word "god" with Allah, Mohammed, Buddha, Odin, your parents, whathaveyou..........
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 11:23 AM   #5
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,122 Posts
Car must be selling for $10,000 or more. Client will most likely have to pay full sticker price, no negotiation. Mandatory documentation fee and other fees I'm sure. Whatever $2k savings you see will be eaten up by paying too much for the car in the first place.
Old 03-18-2015, 11:25 AM   #6
Zombie Mod

Thanked 4,403 Times in 1,278 Posts
It's just bait to get people through their doors.