REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech

Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Discussion on how to keep your car shining bright and make them heads turn..

Old 03-23-2015, 02:06 PM   #1
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

Favourite Wand Wash - Car Wash

Hi All,

Will be coming in from Calgary. Looking for suggestions - Will be staying downtown.

Credit Card payments preferred, but not a deal breaker.

No touchless please.

TIA
Advertisement
K3RMiTDot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 03:48 PM   #2
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

good luck finding one!

I've lived in dt Van since 2010 (moved from Calgary) and all wand washes have "dried up" anywhere remotely close to here. You gotta drive out to Richmond or something to find a wand wash. All you'll find around dt is places where they'll wash and detail your car for you for at least 20-30 bucks.
StanleyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 06:22 PM   #3
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

I don't mind driving out and about - doesn't have to be downtown, it was just a point of reference in case someone asked me where I was staying.
K3RMiTDot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 07:35 PM   #4
RS controls my life!

Royal Oak Station
jtrinh is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-25-2015, 09:16 PM   #5
I am Hook'd on RS

Second, Royal Oak Station, use it all the time on my civic $2 Token gives you 3.5min of time.
ironheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 09:05 AM   #6
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,825 Times in 523 Posts
sorry to bump this thread... but anyone know a wand wash that allows you to use your mit and bucket?

Thanks in advance.
hotong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 10:32 AM   #7
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

^ Royal Oak Station
anjewree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 11:31 AM   #8
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,221 Times in 1,387 Posts
Just for clarification, at Royal Oak, do they allow you to bring your own wash bucket, own wash mitt, and own soap? So essentially you're just going there to use their water?
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-07-2016, 07:49 AM   #9
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Would definitely recommend Royal Oak wash station. I use it regularly and always bring my own bucket filled with suds and my wash mitt. So use 1 token to wash down the car, then soap and then another token to rinse the car off.

I am scared to use the brushes!
srv777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 09:45 PM   #10
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

What's the most economical and spill-proof method to bring two wash buckets pre-filled with water to these car washes? I looked into those Gamma Sealed Lids that fit a standard 5 gallon bucket but at $20 each that's a bit steep.

Edit: Thinking about just buying one of these and filling up the buckets when I get there: http://www.canadiantire.ca/content/c...l#.VpDKi1LKO1w Should fill up each bucket about 60-70%.

Last edited by mickz; 01-09-2016 at 12:53 AM.
mickz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 03:47 PM   #11
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickz View Post
What's the most economical and spill-proof method to bring two wash buckets pre-filled with water to these car washes? I looked into those Gamma Sealed Lids that fit a standard 5 gallon bucket but at $20 each that's a bit steep.

Edit: Thinking about just buying one of these and filling up the buckets when I get there: Reliance Desert Patrol Water Container, 23-L | Canadian Tire Should fill up each bucket about 60-70%.
I got Gamma seal lids from home depot in Bellinham for about $9 each. After tax youd be around $15 but theyre worth it
JordanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 09:50 AM   #12
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Why do you need to pre-fill your water? I filled both of my buckets up just fine with the initial toonie to rinse down the car. It's awesome, Royal Oak gives you warm water.
jinxcrusader is offline   Reply With Quote