REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   The Return of X-Files (https://www.revscene.net/forums/702421-return-x-files.html)

murd0c 03-24-2015 09:45 AM

The Return of X-Files

I was a massive X-Files fan back in the day, I'm talking the cards, comic's went to the last show filming in BC at Roger's arena back in the late 90's so I'm so happy they are bringing it back for 6 more episodes with all original cast.

Filming start's this summer and I can't fricken wait!!

http://i.imgur.com/T4lueSs.jpg

the next mind-bending chapter is coming! | The X-Files on Fox

Quote:

“THE X-FILES” RETURNS TO FOX

Emmy Award-winning Pop Culture Phenomenon
From Chris Carter Is Back as Six-Episode Event Series

David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson to Reprise Their Roles as
FBI Agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully

Thirteen years after the original series run, FOX has ordered the next mind-bending chapter of THE X-FILES, a thrilling, six-episode event series which will be helmed by creator/executive producer Chris Carter with stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson re-inhabiting their roles as iconic FBI Agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully. This marks the momentous return of the Emmy- and Golden Globe Award-winning pop culture phenomenon, which remains one of the longest-running sci-fi series in network television history.

The announcement was made today by Dana Walden and Gary Newman, Chairmen and CEOs of Fox Television Group and Chris Carter, creator and executive producer of THE X-FILES. Production on THE X-FILES event series is set to begin in summer 2015. Further details remain under wraps and will be announced at a later date.

“I think of it as a 13-year commercial break,” said Carter. “The good news is the world has only gotten that much stranger, a perfect time to tell these six stories.”

“We had the privilege of working with Chris on all nine seasons of THE X-FILES – one of the most rewarding creative experiences of our careers – and we couldn’t be more excited to explore that incredible world with him again,” remarked Newman and Walden. “THE X-FILES was not only a seminal show for both the studio and the network, it was a worldwide phenomenon that shaped pop culture – yet remained a true gem for the legions of fans who embraced it from the beginning. Few shows on television have drawn such dedicated fans as THE X-FILES, and we’re ecstatic to give them the next thrilling chapter of Mulder and Scully they’ve been waiting for.”

THE X-FILES originally premiered in September 1993. Over the course of its nine-season run, the influential series went from breakout sci-fi favorite to massive global hit, and became one of the most successful television dramas of all time. The show, which earned 16 Emmy Awards, five Golden Globes and a Peabody Award, follows FBI special agents Scully (Anderson) and Mulder (Duchovny) as they investigate unexplained cases – “X-Files” – for which the only answers involve paranormal phenomena.
- See more at: The X-Files | Latest Buzz

mk1freak 03-24-2015 10:23 AM

me too.....can't wait

Tegra_Devil 03-24-2015 11:03 AM

http://img.pandawhale.com/23138-excellentjpg-zryq.jpeg

StylinRed 03-24-2015 12:10 PM

6 part mini-series? i'll take it!

Ulic Qel-Droma 03-24-2015 12:38 PM

nice... might have to watch it on netflix now

white rocket 03-24-2015 01:01 PM

Cool! I was into the show for sure. Actually got to meet Gillian, David and Chris as we rented vehicles and equipment to the show until it moved to California. Delivered a new Toyota 4Runner to Gillian's house in West Van and got to meet her and her daughter Piper. Was a really cool experience. Still have some signed stuff from them.

murd0c 03-24-2015 01:02 PM

I'm super jealous about that

Tegra_Devil 03-24-2015 02:41 PM

wonder if skinner or the smoking man will be in it

murd0c 03-24-2015 02:44 PM

Skinner is here right now for filming Supernatural, my sister saw him at Kwantlen last week. Both of them better be in it, they were classic characters for sure but I can't remember if they were killed off or what?

Tegra_Devil 03-24-2015 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murd0c (Post 8614510)
Skinner is here right now for filming Supernatural, my sister saw him at Kwantlen last week. Both of them better be in it, they were classic characters for sure but I can't remember if they were killed off or what?

i dont think either were killed off if i recall correctly

Hondaracer 03-24-2015 07:49 PM

the smoking man was interviewed on global last week and he said if the story picks up from where it left off, he is dead in that time line.

lol talking about "super fans" a friend of a friend was insanely into it, like all he wore was x files shirts etc. That episode/story line when mulder died, the guy actually jumped out a second story window when he found out lol.. wtf apparently it was like a border line attempted suicide at the time

murd0c 03-24-2015 09:06 PM

They could write him back into the script if needed, to be honest I don't think the public will care about past details like that since we all want him back and will be so happy the shows back on

Ch28 03-24-2015 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tegra_Devil (Post 8614506)
wonder if skinner or the smoking man will be in it

They interviewed Mitch Pileggi about it awhile back and he said that if Chris Carter writes Skinner into the storyline then he'd love to come back :D

LOL @ his Twitter message from earlier today

murd0c 03-25-2015 07:16 AM

This is awesome to hear

X-Files "Smoking Man" talks six-episode reboot | News1130

Quote:

VANCOUVER (NEWS1130) – FOX has made it official, The X-Files is coming back to the small-screen for at least six episodes.

But will the iconic shot-in-Vancouver show come back to the “wet coast”?

In our search for the truth, we contacted the infamous arch-villain of the show, The Smoking Man.

“All I know for sure is that they are going to do it and they have checked to see if I’m available,” says William B. Davis, who portrayed the antagonist to Special Agent Fox Mulder’s protagonist for nine seasons, starting in 1993.

“They haven’t actually offered me anything at this point, but they seem to want to know if I’m available.”

Davis would be “thrilled to bits” to reprise the role and everything that went along with it.

“The circumstances, the scenes, the set, the characters, it would be terrific to do it again,” he tells News1130.

“The whole ambience of the show, the crew, the directors from Chris Carter down were so positive and exciting that it was just a joy to be a part of.”

As for whether The X-Files will once again use Metro Vancouver as its grey and gloomy backdrop, Davis believes it will happen.

“I understand that they have engaged a Vancouver casting director, the same one they had before, and my understanding is that they are going to shoot here in Vancouver.”

But in typical Smoking Man fashion, he doesn’t end on a definitive note.

“Of course nothing I say should be guaranteed!”

twitchyzero 09-28-2015 10:29 PM

super skeptical
dafuq how did Skinner not age...i couldn't take him seriously as the meth kingpin in sons haha

Tegra_Devil 09-29-2015 08:00 AM

http://playeressence.com/wp-content/...y-is-ready.png

murd0c 12-28-2015 03:05 PM

Mikoyan 12-28-2015 06:38 PM

My brother got like 1 second of screen time from the Rogers Arena taping. I think we still have it on VHS somewhere.

murd0c 01-24-2016 05:50 PM

10 more mins!!!

StylinRed 01-24-2016 07:41 PM

eh, the episode felt weird, it kept jumping all over the place without any reasoning/transition scenes

hopefully tomorrow nights will make more sense

oh and the giant Burger King banner that counts down to the commercial break??? like :seriously:

i'll keep watching :/

murd0c 01-24-2016 07:51 PM

The next 4 episodes are going to be monster of the week which we are used to and the 6th and final one will continue on to tonights.

SkinnyPupp 01-24-2016 08:35 PM

Most of the reviews so far have been bad, but I don't know, I was never into X-Files. You probably have to be a huge fan to really appreciate it. I'll check it out anyway and see

I don't mind ads in the middle of TV shows actually. They have to make money somehow, and people are skipping ads most of the time. It's not like you're paying to watch each episode like you are with movies. Ads in movies is another thing though :rukidding:

SupraTTturbo2jz 01-24-2016 09:24 PM

episode was awesome for me...probably because I am a huge alien, conspiracies nut

Tegra_Devil 01-24-2016 09:24 PM

i liked it, but i followed xfiles before.

It did feel jumpy between scenes. sometimes i felt like i was missed a scene or 2, but i was sitting there the whole time

Soundy 01-24-2016 09:46 PM

Hey admins, I think someone needs to replace CiC's avatar with Tad's picture....

http://commdiginews.wpengine.netdna-...00-800x534.jpg