REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 03-25-2015, 08:04 PM   #1
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Steve Nash Gym Recommendation

Hi all, just signed up for the 7 days free Steve Nash trial pass. Planning to check out tomorrow. Wondering who is currently a Steve Nash member, at which location, and what kind of exercise/fitness workout do you recommend for a female when going into the facility?
Advertisement
Old 03-25-2015, 08:33 PM   #2
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 1,391 Times in 270 Posts
If you're from Richmond, I recommend trying out the Steve Nash Sports Club on St Edwards Dr. As for exercises, youtube or google can be very informative.
Old 03-25-2015, 09:18 PM   #3
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Google and Youtube are your friend.
Jaffray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 10:18 PM   #4
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Richmond Sports Club is good for the most part. There are a few machines that are busted right now, otherwise everything else is nice and in working order. Parking is pretty easy. Doesn't have a ladies only section.

Brentwood, same as above but has a ladies only section. Parking is limited.

Kingsway(by metro), this one sucks. Kits isn't too bad.

Pretty much the fitness worlds will have older equipment. Whereas the sports clubs will have newer ones.

Quote:
Originally posted by european
i'd say its a bear... from what i've learned from winnie the pooh. you should be able to lure it with some honey.. and it'll be your friend for life!! then you'll meet his friends.. that crazy owl!! and that lazy ass donkey.. whats his name.. Eore or something.. if you meet his llitte piggy friend.. roast him and eat some ribs!! hahahaha.. wtf am i on!! hahaha i'm going nuts over here!!!
Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 10:54 PM   #5
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
I've been going to the Richmond Sports Club for the last handful of years all the equipment is fairly new and gym kept clean.

My pet peeve is when their machines are broken it takes them forever to get them fixed. Right now I think 2-3 is busted. Not sure about the ladies side but there were a few months when a bunch of men's showers were broken. They all work now

I believe Richmond location is the only one with hot tub swimming pool sauna and steam room

As for exercises and stuff right now they're giving away free personal training session, not sure if you have to be a member or not but im sure if you push they'll give you a free session to "enhance" your trial

Cadillac CTS (Current)
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 05:10 PM   #6
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
The men's weight room at Fitness World Kingsway is garbage. Kits and Richmond are the best, IMO
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 09:42 AM   #7
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

The Richmond gym always has broken equipment and they don't have towel service like the Steve Nash downtown does
jrome169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 12:51 PM   #8
Banned By Establishment

Only the Steve Nash fitness clubs provide towel service. The older locations are a lower level as I was told.
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:54 PM   #9
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

they're not classified as levels anymore i think its either premium which gives you access to all the gyms other then the granville sports club with towel service which is premium class
iHeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 09:14 PM   #10
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Richmond by st edwards is pretty good, lots of dumbasses who dont know how to put away weights though and there isnt a lady only area. I dont like that there is like 3 different areas in which dumbasses can leave behind weights, so sometimes you have to walk to the other side of the gym to find your damn second 25lb dumbell. Layout of the gym makes it so there are like 4 distinct areas where you cant really see to the next area. They have a pool and way nicer bathrooms than the other location.

I actually prefer the people and gym @ Richmond (Westminster?) location. Used to be razer gym.
The layout of the gym I think makes more sense, and the ladies area is upstairs which I think is kept in pretty decent condition with enough machines and weights. Plus they have 2 heavy bags, which is a great cardio sesh if you want to add more variation to your cardio! The layout makes it easier to spot weights that were not put back, and you can scan the entire weight area easily if you are waiting for a specific bench or something. The people I find are nicer, less douchebags (no douchebags?) compared to st edwards, but I guess its because st edwards is closer to brown town so the brown "gangstas" all turn up there. The serious people in the westminister gym in my experience are all down to earth guys, looking like they care about their fitness rather than care about how they look.

Last edited by z3german; 04-28-2015 at 09:24 PM.
z3german is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 09:58 AM   #11
I'll never be Diggy, no matter how hard I try

Thanked 2,111 Times in 633 Posts
after nash took over razor, the place sucked. it didnt have the "raw warehouse" feeling anymore.

a lot of guys/gals from razor left as a result- a few regulars from there are now at the saint edwards location (myself incldued).

i dont encounter douchebags at all at saint edwards. the only one douche who was there was banned.

unless i am douchebag.. : shit.

also not sure about these "gangstas" you speak of as well. the majority of the brown people there are super friendly or keep to themselves
trollguy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-14-2015, 10:45 AM   #12
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
The Steve Nash Westminster location has a heavy bag?
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 01:02 PM   #13
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,495 Times in 1,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chii View Post
Hi all, just signed up for the 7 days free Steve Nash trial pass. Planning to check out tomorrow. Wondering who is currently a Steve Nash member, at which location, and what kind of exercise/fitness workout do you recommend for a female when going into the facility?
I have membership at the Nash gym on Lougheed Highway near Brentwood Mall. It does have a "women's only" section.

Have you thought about going to the group fitness classes? The instructors at that gym teach "cardio workout" classes that involve free weights. -sort of like step aerobics.

TRX Suspension cable training exercises:

Girls do these exercises all the time at this gym.

If you're looking for a higher intensity workout, I recommend this exercise.
Battle Ropes. I do these rope exercises to get stronger arms, shoulders, and biceps.

A great workout to improve your conditioning. Guys and girls do this rope workout at this gym location:

-alternating wave rope
-In and Out wave
-Waves (double arm)

Old 06-15-2015, 10:05 AM   #14
I'll never be Diggy, no matter how hard I try

Thanked 2,111 Times in 633 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare604 View Post
The Steve Nash Westminster location has a heavy bag?
yes, in the crossfit area thign
trollguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 02:19 PM   #15
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Steve Nash lougheed is new but sucks
Derrickk is offline   Reply With Quote