REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-01-2015, 04:14 PM   #26
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Just bought 2 Aero from Inform in gastown.

I could of saved a bit but back is killing me and just need it NOW.

Free next day shipping,
Advertisement
RickyTan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 11:34 PM   #27
FB6

DXRacer, had one for 4 months already and it's comfy, feels like you're sitting in a bucket seat.
FB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 12:15 AM   #28
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
i also have the ikea markus

the headrest is a must.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 11:12 AM   #29
My homepage has been set to RS

Anyone have a maxnomic chair from needforseatusa.com?

IMO they look a lot better then dxracers...these gaming chairs look fantastic but are pretty pricey. Undecided between getting one of these or a herman miller.
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 02:41 PM   #30
I am grateful grapefruit

Funnily enough, the last time one of these threads popped up on RS, everybody was raving about the HM Aeron - I googled it and thought, hey, this looks familiar.

Our company had recently bought a bunch of furniture through one of those auctions, so I went into our warehouse and found a few of the Aerons sitting in the corner just collecting dust - I immediately called dibs on it and i've been loving it every since.

I only wish I had adjustable armrests, but otherwise, I love this chair.

I think I would like the DXRacer chairs for home - but my wife would never allow me to get one - they're not really the best looking chairs out there. The Markus looks ok though.
Old 04-02-2015, 05:28 PM   #31
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,752 Times in 1,182 Posts
^

Aeron is the most popular... but IMHO, it's far from the best. Its design is timeless (as any good design is) but its features, comparing to chairs that were designed later (such as Contessa or Freedom or HM's own Embody) is already weak as the later designs basically took the Aeron as baseline and improved from there.

Not to mention, for car/design enthusiasts... you just have to love Contessa... it's designed by Giogretto Giugiaro, the mastermind behind Italdesign. Its curves are breathtaking.

Old 04-02-2015, 06:43 PM   #32

LOVING my chair right now. 1200 a bit steep but worth every penny if dont get annoying back pains anymore
RickyTan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 09:13 AM   #33

Thanked 1,275 Times in 434 Posts
I'm looking at picking up a new chair and am trying to decide between a DXRacer or getting a used Herman Miller (seems like they are scarce over in Toronto ).

I've used a Herman Miller at work and they are very comfortable and have never had any issues with my back. I'm going to start working from home so I'm looking at sitting in a chair for 8+ hours and then a couple more hours at night for those gaming sessions.

The DXRacers seem like decent chairs but i've never sat in one before. I'm hoping to get a Herman Miller for around $400-500 which would be the same price as a new DXRacer.
ForbiddenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 12:15 PM   #34
N8
I STILL don't get it

Sorta kinda off topic... But if you haven't considered a standing desk, you really should give it a go.

After a month of using it about 50% of the time I am noticing back pain disappear. Its also cheap as fuck if you build from ikea which I have one at work and at home:

http://iamnotaprogrammer.com/Ikea-St...2-dollars.html
Old 04-27-2015, 01:00 PM   #35

Thanked 1,275 Times in 434 Posts
Thanks for that link I was looking at a standing desk alternative as well. Didn't really want to spend like 800++ on a desk but that will do(even if there is no crank haha .

I do however do like 60/40 instead of 100% standing so I'm sitll going to need a chair
ForbiddenX is offline   Reply With Quote