REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Which choice would you choose to make as an investment for a young adult? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/702625-choice-would-you-choose-make-investment-young-adult.html)

Ching.Chong 04-03-2015 11:44 AM

Which choice would you choose to make as an investment for a young adult?

Nevermind, i wasted my time.

Sorry for wasting your time.

mr_chin 04-03-2015 11:47 AM

Best investment... live with your parents for as long as you can while saving on the side.

freakshow 04-03-2015 11:50 AM

IMO, you're not really 'investing' if you're buying a new place to live..

Actual investing would be buying the apartment and renting it out while living with your parents.

320icar 04-03-2015 12:51 PM

Your name is Ching chong. Do you like to play ping pong?

MeowMeow 04-03-2015 01:21 PM

Invest in an English teacher and fix your grammar first

xeryusx 04-03-2015 01:58 PM

Lately I've been thinking more and more about investing too. My parents are good friends with one of their neighbors who happened to have connects in the new building coming up by Kingsway and Boundary. They are retirees who just buy suites in new buildings coming up and go through their Realtor son or whatever and, supposedly, they turn a profit of 20k-60k per suite they sell. I've got enough savings to throw for a down for 2. Haven't completely decided yet as I haven't done enough homework on it but from the sounds of it, they make pretty good coin.

I'll be meeting with them in the next couple weeks to discuss exactly how this works hopefully it's a sound investment.

DC5-S 04-03-2015 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xeryusx (Post 8619228)
Lately I've been thinking more and more about investing too. My parents are good friends with one of their neighbors who happened to have connects in the new building coming up by Kingsway and Boundary. They are retirees who just buy suites in new buildings coming up and go through their Realtor son or whatever and, supposedly, they turn a profit of 20k-60k per suite they sell. I've got enough savings to throw for a down for 2. Haven't completely decided yet as I haven't done enough homework on it but from the sounds of it, they make pretty good coin.

I'll be meeting with them in the next couple weeks to discuss exactly how this works hopefully it's a sound investment.

Because its a lot cheaper to buy while its still being built

Energy 04-03-2015 04:46 PM

Why did OP go away? I thought it was an okay question.

nma 04-03-2015 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Energy (Post 8619290)
Why did OP go away? I thought it was an okay question.

lol probably the answers

SkunkWorks 04-03-2015 08:28 PM

Aircooled 911s seem to make good investments.

:accepted:

DavidNguyen 04-03-2015 08:40 PM

Baccarat Tables

Manic! 04-03-2015 11:28 PM

Invest in Kungshoes. Best idea ever.

Jas29 04-03-2015 11:54 PM

Same post on reddit lol
Which choice would you choose to make as an investment for a young adult? : vancouver

The_AK 04-04-2015 12:12 AM

Hey man, i have [investment] for you. Paypal me $5000 for high return/risk investment. I might make you rich.

v_tec 04-04-2015 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AK (Post 8619389)
Hey man, i have [investment] for you. Paypal me $5000 for high return/risk investment. I might make you rich.

No pal. THIS is the best investment: http://www.revscene.net/forums/69686...es-com-me.html

Nlkko 04-04-2015 12:21 PM

"Invest" using money you don't have. Yea... no.

nabs 04-04-2015 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jas29 (Post 8619382)

If that is the actual question from the OP. It's actually a quite legitimate question, don't know why he edited it out. I don't understand the negative comments or replies in terms of his english either, he actually conveys what his plans are and people obviously understand what he's trying to ask.

I was going through the same thought process at one point and am still thinking about it sometimes, except instead of getting a loan/mortgage, i was going to just fund it fully. The lot that my parents own is really big, and actually has space for a full second lane way home with the ability to still have storage/garage space.

But again, there are more cons than pros that I can think of in this scenario. And like the second reply said, it would technically be the same thing as living at home, and may as well do that and save the extra flow to put down on a place of your own eventually as long as it takes.

CharlesInCharge 04-04-2015 02:26 PM

Epic comment on Reddit...
Quote:

Do YOUR part and BUY WAR CONDOS TODAY!

Don't let the communists win!
The con in buying a condo and working your youth away to pay it off will not always be a guaranteed investment. Why because ZioAmerica sets up cycles of inflation and deflation... which housing crashes are a part of.
Rent out your secondary suit in the house, put up some illegal walls in your garage and live there until you save up and then see about buying a condo.
You'll also save years of work in bank interest and it will be a rip age by then when women are looking to settle down with someone who isnt in major debt and has money.

Alby 04-04-2015 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge (Post 8619542)
Epic comment on Reddit...
The con in buying a condo and working your youth away to pay it off will not always be a guaranteed investment. Why because ZioAmerica sets up cycles of inflation and deflation... which housing crashes are a part of.
Rent out your secondary suit in the house, put up some illegal walls in your garage and live there until you save up and then see about buying a condo.
You'll also save years of work in bank interest and it will be a rip age by then when women are looking to settle down with someone who isnt in major debt and has money.

source?

CharlesInCharge 04-04-2015 04:22 PM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-sDkSHNzdrk...e%2Bchart8.jpg
http://dropdeadmoney.com/join/wp-con...948-2012-b.jpg

Show me Canadian crash dates...

SoNaRWaVe 04-04-2015 04:49 PM

2 pictures don't really mean anything as a source. all it is, is just a picture.

how about some real credible source? your so called 2 sources don't even align.

CharlesInCharge 04-04-2015 05:11 PM

Do you mean just because the lowest end point of a crash doesnt exactly fall on those years. it means its not valid?
This isnt suppose to be exclusive to the US, but also world wide.

El Dumbasso 04-04-2015 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge (Post 8619581)
Do you mean just because the lowest end point of a crash doesnt exactly fall on those years. it means its not valid?

I can't believe I'm actually responding since I can't tell if your'e a troll, a massive bigot, or just a fucking moron but I just can't stand your anti-Semitic bullshit. So congratulations, you're making me post something other than just MS paint pictures.
For one thing, those pictures you posted rely strictly on the principle that correlation equals causation. If you take an event that occurs every 7 years and lay it over 100 years of history, of course it is going to line up with negative events. I take a shit every other day. I took a shit on September 10, 2001. Therefore by that logic, me taking a shit led to 9/11 since it happened the day after I took a shit.
Secondly, none of those dates actually line up with shit. The entire '30s were a clusterfuck, and the start of the stock market collapse sure as shit did not start in 1931. You claim it relates to global economic collapses, but 1997 isn't listed. Was the Economic crisis in Asia not significant, or was there just no way for your bullshit chart to find a way to blame the jews?
The only thing in any of those major downturns remotely related to Jewish people is the 73/74 economic crisis, as it coincided with and was compounded by Islamic states cutting off oil supply to the West as a result of involvement in the Yom Kippur war.

I really shouldn't have posted this since I'm sure you're too busy spewing hateful bullshit to actually learn something. I guess I should take a page from your book and learn to
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...othercheek.jpg

CharlesInCharge 04-04-2015 10:38 PM

Start a thread in the "fight club" section with the same post so I can show everyone what a brainwashed uneducated individual you are.

As for the chart, I started a new thread better showing the cycle predictions.

SoNaRWaVe 04-05-2015 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge (Post 8619581)

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge (Post 8619661)
Start a thread in the "fight club" section with the same post so I can show everyone what a brainwashed uneducated individual you are.

As for the chart, I started a new thread better showing the cycle predictions.

its not valid because all you did are posted pictures. no articles, no nothing.

i would like to see you submit a paper in with no sources other than a link to pictures.

your new thread isn't better. its just a picture. a credible source would be nice. i can post pictures of significant events and slam on the zodiac calender that falls in the same year as your said events and tell you that every 7 years means that animal causes the economy to crash.