REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Disgraced teacher Mary Kay Letourneau.. 20 years later (https://www.revscene.net/forums/702734-disgraced-teacher-mary-kay-letourneau-20-years-later.html)

NotRevSeen 04-08-2015 08:10 PM

Disgraced teacher Mary Kay Letourneau.. 20 years later

A blast from the past: Anyone remember this teacher/student sex scandal? It's been 20 years since the rape occurred. It was big news when it broke out because it happened fairly close to us in Seattle. As a kid I remember hearing about this and thinking damn this kid hit the jackpot.

She is 51 now and he is 31. They "fall in love" when he was 13 and she was 33.

Daughter is 17 or 18.

Quote:

Letourneau and Vili Fualaau will speak to Barbara Walters in a 20/20 interview that will air this Friday

Letourneau and Fualaau started a sexual relationship when she was his sixth-grade teacher and she fell pregnant with his child when he was 13

She served a few months in jail and fell pregnant with his second child within weeks; she was then sent back to prison for seven years

But a year after her release in 2004, they married and are still together

Their now- teenage daughters will join them for the interview

http://i.imgur.com/cUgmWxK.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/1SwdxlA.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/fNYPg7p.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/awSNXTI.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/V2eUYUj.jpg

tiger_handheld 04-08-2015 08:17 PM

doesn't seem like 'rape' if they together with not 1 but two kids and married and still together? Seems all consensual..
Am I missing something?

Razor Ramon HG 04-08-2015 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiger_handheld (Post 8621248)
doesn't seem like 'rape' if they together with not 1 but two kids and married and still together? Seems all consensual..
Am I missing something?

Yeah, the biggest part, bro

StylinRed 04-08-2015 08:37 PM

wow she ruined his life, look at him, he looks older than her! she drained his youth!

succubus!

she's still fine though

tiger_handheld 04-08-2015 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG (Post 8621254)
Yeah, the biggest part, bro

educate the noob.

murd0c 04-08-2015 08:58 PM

Quote:

Am I missing something?

thats like you fucking someone in elementary school... We are talking 10 years old here... If you had a 10 year old and his 30 year old teacher was sucking his cock would you get mad?

trip 04-08-2015 09:10 PM

I don't know about you guys... But that daughter on the right...

underscore 04-08-2015 09:16 PM

Quote:

Am I missing something?

The fact that she raped a 13 year old?

jack3d 04-08-2015 09:17 PM

lucky guy

Zheff 04-08-2015 09:24 PM

And Live Happily Ever After!

pinn3r 04-08-2015 09:29 PM

as fucked up as this is... i'm actually happy for them

still a better love story than twilight

asahai69 04-08-2015 09:53 PM

Tone Loc 04-08-2015 10:32 PM

Quote:

Am I missing something?

Yes, it was statutory rape at the time.

I mean, good for them that they're together and managed to stay together through more turmoil than most couples go through, but laws exist for a reason.

Personally, if I was 10... or even at my age now, and it was a fat, saggy 60-year-old lady teacher - because, in reality, a very tiny percentage of teachers look like Letorneau - trying to touch me I'd want the ERT team to intervene!

meme405 04-09-2015 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinn3r (Post 8621290)
still a better love story than twilight

Fucking a prostitute is a better love story than twilight, so that's not saying very much...

Vansterdam 04-09-2015 05:43 AM

what a G lol

Qmx323 04-09-2015 06:09 AM

Looks like a nice happy family...

Circumstances were a little iffy but good to see these situations turn out well for both parties

fliptuner 04-09-2015 07:04 AM

Quote:

Am I missing something?

Start dating a 13 year old girl and see what happens.

tiger_handheld 04-09-2015 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murd0c (Post 8621274)
thats like you fucking someone in elementary school... We are talking 10 years old here... If you had a 10 year old and his 30 year old teacher was sucking his cock would you get mad?

Quote:

Originally Posted by underscore (Post 8621282)
The fact that she raped a 13 year old?

Quote:

Originally Posted by FunkyColdMedina (Post 8621324)
Yes, it was statutory rape at the time.

I mean, good for them that they're together and managed to stay together through more turmoil than most couples go through, but laws exist for a reason.

Personally, if I was 10... or even at my age now, and it was a fat, saggy 60-year-old lady teacher - because, in reality, a very tiny percentage of teachers look like Letorneau - trying to touch me I'd want the ERT team to intervene!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ICE BOY (Post 8621382)
Start dating a 13 year old girl and see what happens.

i have been edumacated!

punkwax 04-09-2015 08:00 AM

InvisibleSoul 04-09-2015 08:07 AM

This story is just all sorts of crazy.

Amazing that their love was so strong both ways that it endured through everything.

ZN6 04-09-2015 08:21 AM

What was I doing when I was in 6th grade? Hustling other kids for their pogs and destroying people with my burn deck. Meanwhile there was a hot new Korean teacher who was hired to take on the split between the large 6th grade classes and I didn't end up in her class. Damn my childhood was wasted :(.

underscore 04-09-2015 08:31 AM

Jesus fucking christ, do you guy really think any part of this is not completely fucked? A 13 year old has no fucking clue what love is, this is a serial rapist manipulating the mind of a fucking child.

Change the genders in any way and tell me if you'd still feel the same about this shit (male teacher male student, male teacher female student, female teacher female student).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qmx323 (Post 8621376)
Looks like a nice happy family...

Circumstances were a little iffy but good to see these situations turn out well for both parties

A little iffy? There's so much wrong with this shit it's ridiculous. Manipulating the emotions of a 13 year old and then raping them repeatedly is more than "a little iffy".

Berzerker 04-09-2015 08:57 AM

Kids were getting married and having children at 13-14 in the past and still are in some places. I knew what my dick was when I was 13-14 and I knew how to use it. Maybe he manipulated the teacher? Just playing devils advocate here. Bringing the sex ie. girl-male teacher shouldn't even be an issue. If you have an issue with the age leave the gender out of it. It's not "worse" if it were a girl and male teacher. It's exactly the same.

Berz out.

Qmx323 04-09-2015 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underscore (Post 8621407)
Jesus fucking christ, do you guy really think any part of this is not completely fucked? A 13 year old has no fucking clue what love is, this is a serial rapist manipulating the mind of a fucking child.

Change the genders in any way and tell me if you'd still feel the same about this shit (male teacher male student, male teacher female student, female teacher female student).

A little iffy? There's so much wrong with this shit it's ridiculous. Manipulating the emotions of a 13 year old and then raping them repeatedly is more than "a little iffy".

I think its pretty obvious that this whole story is pretty fucked up, no one can deny that, but the fact that they are STILL TOGETHER with what appears to be a happy family is a whole separate matter.

He did not commit suicide, she did not become a homeless crack whore, they are a family.

InvisibleSoul 04-09-2015 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underscore (Post 8621407)

Obviously it's completely fucked... but neither you nor I know how much his mind was actually manipulated.

I'm just amazed that despite the extraordinary circumstances, after she served 7+ years in jail, they've now been married for 10 years.

Just some random quotes from wiki of interest.

Quote:

After Letourneau's release from prison in 2004, Fualaau, then age 21, filed a motion in court, requesting a reversal of the no-contact order against Letourneau.[20] A few days later the request was granted.[29] Letourneau and Fualaau were married on May 20, 2005 in the city of Woodinville, Washington in a ceremony at the Columbia Winery.

During an Inside Edition interview Fualaau said, "I'm not a victim. I'm not ashamed of being a father. I'm not ashamed of being in love with Mary Kay."[35] Attorney Anne Bremner, who met Letourneau in 2002 during Fualaau's civil suit, said that Letourneau considered her affair with Fualaau to be "eternal and endless." According to Bremner, "Nothing could have kept the two of them apart."[20]