REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 04-14-2015, 06:38 AM   #26
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackp0t View Post
OP your not the only one
Apperently 5-6 cars from that group statues 105 also got vandalized
(engine oil dumped on the car , slashed tires , broken side mirrors , and glass)
sorry to hear OP.

I confirm this. I follow status105 on instagram. according to their post 7 cars got vandalized to date.
Advertisement
josel_atr is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-14-2015, 07:00 AM   #27
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,831 Times in 587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krovi View Post
I don't know, but I'm told 7 other cars have been hit recently from a local car club.
Never heard a thing, but honestly, it does not surprise me that people in a car club get targeted by vandals.

Many of 105's cars are straight piped and I have seen a number of them "playing" on the roads before. For me, I could care less as long as the only danger they pose is to themselves however many people get tired of hearing the drone of some straight piped car roll down there street for the 100th time at 2am, or watching the same guy sliding around a corner in there neighbourhood etc etc.

Clearly someone is pissed off with tuned cars/there owners and is showing this by attacking the cars. I know that with my Supra I was super concious of where and when I drove the car. The exhaust was excessively loud even with the silencer in there can.

Not that a loud car or stupid driving is a reason to have a car smashed up, but often times something like this is targeted for a reason. I can bet that the person who did this to your car lives in your neighbourhood.

07-17 G37 RWD Coupe Coilovers FOR SALE BRAND NEW
BoostedBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-14-2015, 08:21 AM   #28
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,913 Times in 3,873 Posts
Maybe your car was mistaken for someone else's? Years back some guys tried to run me off the road and chased me all over town for seemingly no reason, then a few weeks later some idiots in a truck were yelling at me and throwing shit at my car while driving. I found out a month later that there was an identical looking car in town and the owner drove like an absolute douchecanoe. Nobody would think that two people would have cars with the same wheels and everything so I guess they thought I was him.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 09:25 AM   #29
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krovi View Post
I was home and heard everything, but I couldn't see anything outside.
Curious why you wouldn't have investigated the noises if you were up and awake?

Sorry to hear this. No one deserves to have their personal property vandalized, ever. Wasn't there some static with Status105 recently on here?
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 09:33 AM   #30
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akinari View Post
On a slightly unrelated note, good luck finding any witnesses if you're driving around in Richmond, particularly late(r) in the evening. When drivers in Richmond witness an accident, instead of slowing down to offer assistance, they all speed away at light speed It seems the general consensus for those c-lais and other Chinese drivers is to avoid any kind of confrontation or situation that would require them to attempt to speak English.

Speaking from experience.
That's because they're FOBs. Standard Chinese practice right there. Very not canadian
Old 04-14-2015, 09:38 AM   #31
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,831 Times in 587 Posts
I have had my car mistaken for another once. Was not fun.

With the popularity of the FRS and peoples lack of knowledge to tell the difference between one and the other I could see this being what happened. Really sucks to see this stuff happening tho.

07-17 G37 RWD Coupe Coilovers FOR SALE BRAND NEW
BoostedBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 10:30 AM   #32
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Saw some picture updates on the s105 FB group
In for developments
PandaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 10:44 AM   #33
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,388 Posts
Back when my Element was entirely stock, an elderly man with the exact same car who parked in the same parking lot tried to open my door and was asking why the doors wouldn't unlock. I thought he was trying to steal my car
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 10:58 AM   #34
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
Modded cars attract attention, both good AND bad....

... I can't count the number of times a neighbour - yes, the SAME neighbour each time - has filed a noise complaint about either my AE86 or my other neighbor's classic cafe-racer motorcycle for being too loud.

Funny thing is, even the officer who had to speak to me about this "complaint" told me that they legally can't do anything, since I wasn't making noise during quiet time. He also tested my exhaust with one of those decibel meters and it passed nearly 10db under the "limit" at 5000 RPM.

Yet the same guy still complains to this day. What an idiot.
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-14-2015, 11:26 AM   #35
I don't get it

This is pretty excessive and in no way would this be random. I feel for you OP and hopefully they can return it to the state it was.
Old 04-14-2015, 01:24 PM   #36
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
if people are bashing cars because their loud at 1 am they got another thing coming if they fuck with the wrong people,I remember a 16 year getting shot in the knee cap on the news with a 9mm and the Shooter was a known drug dealer Who's mercedes benz CL class got keyed by the kid....lucky he wasn't killed....Reality check,damaging personal property like a car you worked blood & tears for is worth killing for to some people & NOT some over-privileged punks living off of mommy & daddy's China trust fund.

Last edited by Mr.Money; 04-14-2015 at 01:33 PM.
Mr.Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 02:20 PM   #37
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Money View Post
if people are bashing cars because their loud at 1 am they got another thing coming if they fuck with the wrong people,I remember a 16 year getting shot in the knee cap on the news with a 9mm and the Shooter was a known drug dealer Who's mercedes benz CL class got keyed by the kid....lucky he wasn't killed....Reality check,damaging personal property like a car you worked blood & tears for is worth killing for to some people & NOT some over-privileged punks living off of mommy & daddy's China trust fund.
Uh, that kid died.

Police Say Surrey Teen Killed for Vandalizing Gangster's Car | Vancouver Sun

But I agree with you. One day someone is going to get caught doing this, and they're going to pay.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-14-2015, 02:45 PM   #38
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
Uh, that kid died.

Police Say Surrey Teen Killed for Vandalizing Gangster's Car | Vancouver Sun

But I agree with you. One day someone is going to get caught doing this, and they're going to pay.
He got charged with second degree murder??

I thought we had a right to defend our property

So what are we supposed to do if we see somebody vandalizing/breaking into our cars or home? Sit back and watch your shit get destroyed while dialing 911?

Cadillac CTS (Current)
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-14-2015, 02:46 PM   #39
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyColdMedina View Post
Modded cars attract attention, both good AND bad....

... I can't count the number of times a neighbour - yes, the SAME neighbour each time - has filed a noise complaint about either my AE86 or my other neighbor's classic cafe-racer motorcycle for being too loud.

Funny thing is, even the officer who had to speak to me about this "complaint" told me that they legally can't do anything, since I wasn't making noise during quiet time. He also tested my exhaust with one of those decibel meters and it passed nearly 10db under the "limit" at 5000 RPM.

Yet the same guy still complains to this day. What an idiot.
I would just play with the throttle when he's outside just to piss him off. I can stand idiots like that
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-14-2015, 02:53 PM   #40
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 03:11 PM   #41
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Money View Post
Someone with a brain would not break the law by bashing cars. I certainly wouldn't. The guy is either extremely pissed off or mentally ill.

Imagine if you are in your house sleep at 1am, then you get wakened up by loud cars, how would you feel? same thing with neighbours playing loud musics during sleeping time.
anxiety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 03:35 PM   #42
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hchang View Post

So what are we supposed to do if we see somebody vandalizing/breaking into our cars or home? Sit back and watch your shit get destroyed while dialing 911?
in canada- pretty much
Fafine is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-14-2015, 04:34 PM   #43
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
That's because they're FOBs. Standard Chinese practice right there. Very not canadian
Contrary to popular belief, when I was hit by a red light runner while making a left turn, a FOB (HK) chinese man actually ran up to me and volunteered to be my witness. Left me his phone number, contact info and told me not to worry as he saw the asshole run the light. ICBC then determined that the other party was fully at fault in large part due to his testimony.
Gee.Tee.Ar is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-14-2015, 04:34 PM   #44
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 2,300 Times in 556 Posts
Just saw a FB posting that said the vandals of the Status105 cars has been caught?
CCA-Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 05:19 PM   #45
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
Speaking of noise complaints...

For the record, I leave for work at 5:15/5:20.

So whoever it is at 5:30-ish, it's not me.

ALSO. I don't have any music on when I'm near my neighborhood. I granny it home and leave it in neutral when I roll it back in the garage. Once in, it's off.

And the lady who wrote that, also complained about the hot college girls next door having parties on Fridays.
No more eye candy
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-14-2015, 05:23 PM   #46
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,825 Times in 523 Posts
Fuck that guys writting is hard to read. He should learn how to write.
hotong is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-14-2015, 05:49 PM   #47
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
Quote:
I thought we had a right to defend our property?
Nope, even if your life is in danger, you are taking your legal chances if you injure the attacker.

Quote:
Yep.

Considering moving to Texas.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 06:35 PM   #48
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Honestly as much as I feel for people who get their cars vandalized, and I would never wish it on someone...

Somehow I am unsurprised by the fact that status 105 cars got hit. That's what happens when you act like disrespectful little shits towards others.

Slapping a banner on your cars probably just made you all that much easier to hunt down. Guaranteed the crew from status 105 pissed someone off, cause when 7 cars from one crew gets hit overnight, that ain't random.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 07:12 PM   #49
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Thanked 1,127 Times in 134 Posts
From the Spring meet thread to further support the pissed off neighbours theory:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zordon View Post
I actually watched him and his Fiat 500 buddy "speeding" down UBC highway at some pretty high speeds. His FRS was obscenely loud.
bicboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 08:24 PM   #50
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,913 Times in 3,873 Posts
Quote:

You sure as hell can't do it with an illegal handgun. A paintball gun on the other hand will make them easy to ID without risking collateral damage.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: