REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   64 people hospitalized due to marijuana edibles (https://www.revscene.net/forums/702981-64-people-hospitalized-due-marijuana-edibles.html)

geeknerd 04-21-2015 05:43 PM

64 people hospitalized due to marijuana edibles

Vancouver hospital flooded by 4/20 marijuana revelers, 64 treated | CTV Vancouver News

Quote:

Health officials confirm 64 people were admitted to hospital Monday in connection with the 4/20 marijuana celebration in downtown Vancouver.
Providence Health Care said the revelers, some of whom consumed edible pot products, were taken to St. Paul's Hospital on Burrard Street and treated for symptoms including nausea, dizziness and vomiting.
Some of the patients were put on IVs or given a drug similar to Gravol, and many were released shortly after arriving in hospital.
Spokesperson Dave Lefebvre said the patients were all treated and released.
LOL newbs. Be careful with edibles and dabs. I wonder if this will effect future 420 / advocation progress

Hondaracer 04-21-2015 05:49 PM

fuck edibles man

Been smoking for quite a while but i took a little THC oil pill that i got from the dispensary when you spend more than $50 lol..nothing, a little gel cap, a throw in. Popped it and fuck i swear i was about to have a fucking full blown panic attack, started going over in my head my financial situation, health situation, life etc. lol

let alone some of the shit people cook up or sell at 420 etc.

murd0c 04-21-2015 05:55 PM

I've felt the same as well, I got so fucked up once I sat in my truck for 4 hours not being able to move or talk to anyone. I find if its something you don't do often it fucked you up way worse.

When I feel that way at home I just lay in bed and its great, I haven't had any edibles in ages and have really been jonesing for some

willystyle 04-21-2015 06:30 PM

Edibles are so bad. You have no idea how much THC you're actually consuming. You might think downing a bottle of lemonade is nothing, 30 minutes later, you're in a panic attack for the next 3-4 hours. Tried this one, never again!

Genzlinger 04-21-2015 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murd0c (Post 8627306)
I've felt the same as well, I got so fucked up once I sat in my truck for 4 hours not being able to move or talk to anyone. I find if its something you don't do often it fucked you up way worse.

When I feel that way at home I just lay in bed and its great, I haven't had any edibles in ages and have really been jonesing for some

Man..I know that feeling too well. Never again.

Mr.HappySilp 04-21-2015 06:58 PM

is it really that bad?
Good thing I didn't play the truck I plan on for my friends. Was going to get him some edibles as snacks before he start work. Good thing I didn't.

320icar 04-21-2015 07:04 PM

LOL.

Vansterdam 04-21-2015 07:13 PM

edibles are hella sketch cause you never really know how much to eat or take.

always good to start off small

vafanculo 04-21-2015 07:17 PM

Damn sounds like good stuff !

I went thru a phase of where all I did were edibles last year. When you trip you just gotta lie down, close your eyes and let your mind do the rest.

BrownBear 04-21-2015 07:19 PM

64 people hospitalized due to marijuana edibles

They were probably all little kids who ditched school and thought they were cool for taking edibles. Know your limit smoke/eat within it. I once ate 3 brownies got me way to fucked but I survived

multicartual 04-23-2015 08:43 AM

Edibles can and will fuck you up soooooo bad!

Having said that, I have some amazing cookies right now!!!

6o4__boi 04-23-2015 08:51 AM

the last time i had edibles i rode the millenium line for two hours for no reason then sat at Rupert station, greened out, barfed on the tracks and then walked home lol.

Gucci Mane 04-23-2015 08:55 AM

i ate 3 brownies once and was stoned for almost 2 days. fucking hell was work ever a blur during that time.

another time while i was in california visiting my cousin i ate an entire cookie, a big one too, about the size of the kirkland cookies from costco. god damn, i was also sipping on a 40 of miller highlife because i was just too damn excited that i had access to the 40oz bottles and well, yeah i was properly fucked up for about 5-6 hours. could not move off of the sofa.. that was the last time i had an edible.

fast forward to now and this thread. i am now officially jonesing for an edible like murdoc is. lol

Bouncing Bettys 04-23-2015 09:20 AM

Years ago I made brownies with my roommates, ate them, and nothing was happening. Because we had no food in the house I decided to have more brownies as midnight snack. Woke up for my 8am shift and I was barely functional. Thankfully I had an understanding boss. I was loopy for two days.

Tone Loc 04-23-2015 09:30 AM

When I was 16, a coworker gave me weed brownies and didn't tell me there was weed in them. I was super hungry so I ate a ton of them. I was at work.

Worst experience ever. Imagine being high for the first time and having zero clue of what is going on, mixed with the paranoia that normally comes with being stoned.... I literally thought I was dying and wanted to call 911 but my coworkers kept trying to stop me. Looking back, that shit was completely illegal and out of line lol.

melloman 04-23-2015 09:39 AM

In regards to future events; when watching the news Tuesday they did say that business owners are CHOKED.

With the increase in police, and having to shut down Georgia and Howe, business owners are pissed saying that; you have illegal/unlicensed businesses selling merchandise, food vendors without proper permits and licenses, no one is paying for the police to be there and no one is reimbursing the local businesses for having to deal with the shitshow.

The city agreed, and said it's turning into more of a party, which they don't like. They say it still falls under a "peaceful protest" but it's definitely getting out of hand now. They're saying they might shut down the whole ordeal. (Which I can never see working)

multicartual 04-23-2015 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melloman (Post 8628192)
In regards to future events; when watching the news Tuesday they did say that business owners are CHOKED.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo mainstream

punkwax 04-23-2015 10:29 AM

I ate too much bud cake one night.. went to bed fine, woke up in the morning and thought there was a gas leak in the house I was so fucked up. World was spinning, I was literally green :lol

That was 10 years ago... never again!

Edit: Post 420.0! :p

BrRsn 04-23-2015 10:50 AM

one time I did too many edibles and proceeded to eat food until I threw up

I have problems :okay:

Phil@rise 04-23-2015 11:23 AM

My first edible I ate the brownie at 8pm and by 9 pm nothin so we smoked got ripped and then munchied out and by 10 pm grocery shopping with the missus she had to hold me up it hit me so bloody hard. 6am the next morning she woke me up to drive her to work I sat up and fell over! I couldnt sit up she was pissed thought I was faking it. 10 am I dragged myself into work and my co worker who made them thought I ate it for breakfast, nope bro 12 hours earlier!! I was fucked till mid day with everyone at work laughin at me and hiding me from the boss. they totally covered for me lol. My last edible was at Clear Creek hot tubs in the middle of nowhere I didnt want this one but a buddy came from behind me and shoved it in my mouth (that sounds ghey) the jeep I was traveling in was broken down and had to be towed off the mountain I sat in the passenger seat trippin balls. I left fingerprints in the dash board and screamed like a little bitch the whole way down the mountain till I got back to camp. Worst experience of my life.

corollagtSr5 04-23-2015 01:17 PM

lol When you think your a veteran smoker, you under estimate the power of edibles. By the power of greyskull!

blkgsr 04-23-2015 01:36 PM

oh god i was hammered saturday night, left the no 5, and met some chicks on the bus back to burnaby....had some of their weed brownies they had bought then kept drinking at the bar we went to after......like an hour or so later holy fuck was i high and did i ever puke

i never smoke weed either....not a good night lol

Bouncing Bettys 04-23-2015 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FunkyColdMedina (Post 8628185)
When I was 16, a coworker gave me weed brownies and didn't tell me there was weed in them. I was super hungry so I ate a ton of them. I was at work.

A buddy of mine one offered me chocolates without telling me they were full of shrooms. At least it wasn't my first time, but I did have to get up early for work the next day so I was worried I wouldn't be sober by then or get enough sleep. He assumed I knew since they were shaped like mushrooms and I didn't think to ask since his gf always bakes treats. We watched 2-Headed Shark Attack and it was awesome.

My ex also gave me a glass of water spiked with mdma without telling me but that was at a kink party so I had a good time.

Great68 04-23-2015 02:37 PM

Had edibles twice in my life, never again.

You eat them, then:

An hour later you start to feel something
An hour after that you're feeling pretty good
An hour after that you're feeling high
An hour after that you're thinking massively stoned
An hour after that you're thinking "Holy shit will it ever stop!?!?"
And then an hour after that you're better go to sleep because you can't function as a normal human any more.

Fuck that shit.

Presto 04-23-2015 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corollagtSr5 (Post 8628288)
lol When you think your a veteran smoker, you under estimate the power of edibles. By the power of greyskull!

Just got into edibles recently. I was doing a test and made a small batch of cannabutter from my ABV. You could classify me as a chronic veteran smoker (18+ years), but a tablespoon of the stuff, and I was flying super high, almost to the point of being a bit ill. Knowing this, I am careful to just have a bite of edibles, and see how I'm doing after an hour or two before I try more.