REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Lawyer Needed (https://www.revscene.net/forums/703266-lawyer-needed.html)

Gunsmokez 05-07-2015 04:20 PM

Lawyer Needed

Back drop, Condo flooded my insurance refuse to pay because I was not living there at that time. Was vacated due to reno's.

Now shit has started to get real and dirty. Other tenants have laweryed up and sent me intent letters to claim lost damages.

Got any advice? and referrals to some lawyer.

meme405 05-07-2015 05:17 PM

Here we go...

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s...psrl9pkdfa.jpg

Gunsmokez 05-07-2015 05:28 PM

not asking for legal advice here , hence my title is asking for a referal to a LAWYER. Seriously, why is it that everyone comes in asking for some help there is always some guy with a smart ass comment .

mk1freak 05-07-2015 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunsmokez (Post 8634081)

Got any advice?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunsmokez (Post 8634096)
not asking for legal advice here , hence my title is asking for a referal to a LAWYER. Seriously, why is it that everyone comes in asking for some help there is always some guy with a smart ass comment .

:suspicious:

Gotta say though, with ur sn and post title... I was expecting this thread related to what's in recent news.....

Gunsmokez 05-07-2015 05:41 PM

Already emailed a few random lawyers . But again, these are just random lawyers .

If anyone has perhaps at least know or gone through this before, PM me. Any ideas would help right now.

ancient_510 05-07-2015 05:55 PM

if there were only a service for exactly this purpose...

Canadian Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service

sdubfid 05-07-2015 07:10 PM

http://www.revscene.net/forums/membe...specter-13079/

tiger_handheld 05-07-2015 07:11 PM

I'm surprised RS doesn't have any resident lawyers... or do we?

jing 05-07-2015 07:13 PM

http://exstreamist.com/wp-content/up...aul-online.png

Gunsmokez 05-07-2015 07:14 PM

Thanks to some that offered some help.

Got in touch with a Lawyer that specializes in Condos. Got appointment setup for tomorrow.

murd0c 05-07-2015 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiger_handheld (Post 8634127)
I'm surprised RS doesn't have any resident lawyers... or do we?

We do and he pops his head in once and a while but he's smart and doesn't say much since he knows he will get his inbox filled up with stupid ass messages.

Phil@rise 05-07-2015 07:48 PM

good luck even with a lawyer. most insurance policies clearly state how long a home can be left vacant before insurance is nil.

punkwax 05-07-2015 08:02 PM

^this
http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/ceb/284...ked-ba580d.jpg

Lomac 05-08-2015 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil@rise (Post 8634140)
good luck even with a lawyer. most insurance policies clearly state how long a home can be left vacant before insurance is nil.

Not just that, but if a house is vacated for a certain amount of time and utilities are left hooked up, most insurance policies require someone to check on the property at least once a day.

Phil@rise 05-08-2015 07:55 AM

yup. for reasons such as OPs issues.

Majestic12 05-08-2015 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murd0c (Post 8634134)
We do and he pops his head in once and a while but he's smart and doesn't say much since he knows he will get his inbox filled up with stupid ass messages.

I've only gotten maybe five messages in total asking for free legal advice. Kind of surprised at the low freeloader turnout rate.

vitaminG 05-08-2015 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lomac (Post 8634257)
Not just that, but if a house is vacated for a certain amount of time and utilities are left hooked up, most insurance policies require someone to check on the property at least once a day.

Most people don't read their insurance rider. Then they complain when something isn't covered.

murd0c 05-08-2015 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Majestic12 (Post 8634376)
I've only gotten maybe five messages in total asking for free legal advice. Kind of surprised at the low freeloader turnout rate.

I guess it's you who I've seen post a couple things in the past and I'm highly surprised no one has sent you stupid ass messages... Hopefully this doesn't start now tho lol

Presto 05-08-2015 02:05 PM

If the place was under renovation, wouldn't there be someone there working on shit?

Ball.J.Inder 05-08-2015 03:06 PM

PM if you want my account info to transfer your retainer, it will be $20,000. I have a Law Degree from Devry Institute.

J.k. but on the real, I am assuming you live in a building shared by other tenants and under a land-lord? How would your vacated suite flood? Negligence by the renovators, or some shady stuff from your land-lord to evict you or somehow make money out of it?

P.S. These are more rhetorical questions to other users here, don't answer them as I'd rather you get a lawyer first and not say something here that would go against you. And to make this post useful I will see if I can contact old friends who may know some good civil lawyers.

Gunsmokez 05-14-2015 03:26 PM

So, good news insurance does have some kinda protection. Was covered for some and some were not. But, in any case. This was not part of me being negligent so, I'll be taking someone else to court to get some of my money back.

Yes, insurance does not cover anything in regards to floods if it is vacant. Meaning if tenants leave for 1 day and you get a flood you are SOL.

Which pisses me off because I bought insurance telling them it was going to be renovated and vacated as well . If was never my part to be shady in any way.

Lesson learned I guess.

Btw, The lawyer I have is fucking AWESOME (expensive) . Walked in told him my story, showed him those letters. He laughed got his assistant to write up a letter and by the time I left the office, he sent the other parties a letter as well. Basically telling them to fuck off lol . But, in a very professional way.

Gunsmokez 07-15-2018 02:38 AM

Hey, wanted to give update on this. I was able to force the insurance company that initially denied my claim stating it was vacant And Sue the other companies involved for negligence
Long story short, got them to pay up. After years of meetings and homework, and dealing with other parties lawyers making you feel stupid and like a idiot lol.

Took a while, as you can see from the start of the original date. So, if anyone needs help in this issue you can pm me and I'll help you as much as I can.

This kind of stuff can be devastating and put you in serious emotional and financial pain.

Hope this does not happen to anyone else.

bcrdukes 07-15-2018 06:40 AM

Thank you so much for the kind update. I have been biting my nails and holding onto my seat for the past three years to get closure on this.

68style 07-15-2018 06:53 AM

Glad to hear it all worked out in the end and it's nice of you to offer assistance to anyone that ends up in the same situation and finds this thread.

yray 07-15-2018 07:53 AM

3 years

thats fucked up

now tell us what happened