REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Honda / Acura Tech Resources (https://www.revscene.net/forums/honda-acura-tech-resources_310/)
-   -   K-pro K swap experts (https://www.revscene.net/forums/703338-k-pro-k-swap-experts.html)

SumAznGuy 05-11-2015 06:54 PM

K-pro K swap experts

Does anyone know of or have experience with shops in town that have experience with K-pro ecu's and K swaps?

BrownBear 05-11-2015 07:46 PM

K-pro K swap experts

garage5 in Richmond

boibuddha 05-11-2015 10:14 PM

If you're planning on swapping a K series into the crx, MDA Fab has done quite a few of those. Those guys are really into the drag racing scene.

Garage 5 has great customer service though. Tons of post swap support and ironing out the bugs. I'm not sure how familiar they are with swapping a Kseries though.

BrownBear 05-11-2015 11:22 PM

[QUOTE=boibuddha;8635521]If you're planning on swapping a K series into the crx, MDA Fab has done quite a few of those. Those guys are really into the drag racing scene.

Garage 5 has great customer service though. Tons of post swap support and ironing out the bugs. I'm not sure how familiar they are with swapping a Kseries though.[/QUOTE

They do a lot of work with Honda's and they sell everything he'll need. They sell kpro so they should have a lot of experience installing it too. They'll probably also hook up a discount because they're selling everything and installing it

Fafine 05-11-2015 11:53 PM

I'd hit up Mda they have a few k20 swaps in the shop now

SumAznGuy 05-12-2015 09:44 AM

Thanks guys.
What about Speed Syndicate or RG?

!Kodamu 05-13-2015 02:02 PM

Well..... MDA would know about the"kswap" since he did one map which I still have. If you need it tuned or whatever. Lmk know since my friend did tuned my EK. And don't goto evolution.

TjAlmeida 05-13-2015 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !Kodamu (Post 8636020)
Well..... MDA would know about the"kswap" since he did one map which I still have. If you need it tuned or whatever. Lmk know since my friend did tuned my EK. And don't goto evolution.

Really? Why not evolution? Always figured they were ahead when it comes the Honda crowd.

Also, personally I trust The Speed Syndicate, and Racing Greed. But that is because that is who I have been going to in the past. I'm sure either of them can complete a k swap for you. Although getting a shop that can tune it for you on the spot is convenient as well.

S1 S2 05-13-2015 11:57 PM

Garage Five enough said!

SumAznGuy 05-15-2015 11:17 AM

Thanks !Kodamu.
Guess I should let the cat out of the bag. I bought !Kodamu's 92 CX, from the new owner.

There is a few things I want fixed on the car to make it more track ready and am looking for a competent shop that is close to me in N. Burnaby/Coquitlam.

Biggest thing for me right now, is the amount of zap straps being used to hold down parts since the car is a mash of many parts from many cars that weren't meant to go together.

Lowered_Klass 05-16-2015 11:09 AM

I will also HIGHLY suggest Garage 5. I have been a looong time customer, and have taken all of my cars there in the past, along with the two I have right now (all Honda's btw).

If it's Honda related, chances are they've done it a few times already, especially K swaps. As for K-Pro, they've for sure done that as well, and I'm sure Wayne is more than capable of tuning/setting up your car. Not to mention, if you need parts there is a very good chance they have it in stock already.

As for a shop that's 'close' to you... If it means going to a superior shop, I don't mind driving the extra time to get there - and neither should you. Obviously it would be great if they were close, but that's not the case sometimes. I drive from Pitt to Richmond to see the guys at G5, and although it can be a pain sometimes, it's always worth it.

And just for shits and giggles, I would also like to know why he shouldn't go to Evolution...

Aria 06-10-2015 03:21 PM

deleted