REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Manufacturer Tech Forums > Honda / Acura Tech Resources

Honda / Acura Tech Resources All honda & Acura Tech info
THIS ADSPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT

Old 05-11-2015, 06:54 PM   #1
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
K-pro K swap experts

Does anyone know of or have experience with shops in town that have experience with K-pro ecu's and K swaps?
Advertisement
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 07:46 PM   #2
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

K-pro K swap experts

garage5 in Richmond
BrownBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 10:14 PM   #3
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

If you're planning on swapping a K series into the crx, MDA Fab has done quite a few of those. Those guys are really into the drag racing scene.

Garage 5 has great customer service though. Tons of post swap support and ironing out the bugs. I'm not sure how familiar they are with swapping a Kseries though.

If cats always land on their feet, and toast always lands butter side down, what would happen if you strapped burnt toast to the back of a cat and dropped it?
boibuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 11:22 PM   #4
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

[QUOTE=boibuddha;8635521]If you're planning on swapping a K series into the crx, MDA Fab has done quite a few of those. Those guys are really into the drag racing scene.

Garage 5 has great customer service though. Tons of post swap support and ironing out the bugs. I'm not sure how familiar they are with swapping a Kseries though.[/QUOTE

They do a lot of work with Honda's and they sell everything he'll need. They sell kpro so they should have a lot of experience installing it too. They'll probably also hook up a discount because they're selling everything and installing it
BrownBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 11:53 PM   #5
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,429 Times in 484 Posts
I'd hit up Mda they have a few k20 swaps in the shop now
Fafine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 09:44 AM   #6

Thanks guys.
What about Speed Syndicate or RG?
Quote:
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 05-13-2015, 02:02 PM   #7
Driving around in circles

Thanked 1,394 Times in 277 Posts
Well..... MDA would know about the"kswap" since he did one map which I still have. If you need it tuned or whatever. Lmk know since my friend did tuned my EK. And don't goto evolution.
!Kodamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 03:45 PM   #8
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,158 Times in 391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Kodamu View Post
Well..... MDA would know about the"kswap" since he did one map which I still have. If you need it tuned or whatever. Lmk know since my friend did tuned my EK. And don't goto evolution.
Really? Why not evolution? Always figured they were ahead when it comes the Honda crowd.

Also, personally I trust The Speed Syndicate, and Racing Greed. But that is because that is who I have been going to in the past. I'm sure either of them can complete a k swap for you. Although getting a shop that can tune it for you on the spot is convenient as well.
Old 05-13-2015, 11:57 PM   #9
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Garage Five enough said!
S1 S2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 11:17 AM   #10

Thanks !Kodamu.
Guess I should let the cat out of the bag. I bought !Kodamu's 92 CX, from the new owner.

There is a few things I want fixed on the car to make it more track ready and am looking for a competent shop that is close to me in N. Burnaby/Coquitlam.

Biggest thing for me right now, is the amount of zap straps being used to hold down parts since the car is a mash of many parts from many cars that weren't meant to go together.
Quote:

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
This post thanked by:
Old 05-16-2015, 11:09 AM   #11
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,561 Times in 455 Posts
I will also HIGHLY suggest Garage 5. I have been a looong time customer, and have taken all of my cars there in the past, along with the two I have right now (all Honda's btw).

If it's Honda related, chances are they've done it a few times already, especially K swaps. As for K-Pro, they've for sure done that as well, and I'm sure Wayne is more than capable of tuning/setting up your car. Not to mention, if you need parts there is a very good chance they have it in stock already.

As for a shop that's 'close' to you... If it means going to a superior shop, I don't mind driving the extra time to get there - and neither should you. Obviously it would be great if they were close, but that's not the case sometimes. I drive from Pitt to Richmond to see the guys at G5, and although it can be a pain sometimes, it's always worth it.

And just for shits and giggles, I would also like to know why he shouldn't go to Evolution...
Lowered_Klass is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-10-2015, 03:21 PM   #12
I am Hook'd on RS

deleted

Last edited by Aria; 01-18-2019 at 01:53 PM.
Aria is offline   Reply With Quote