REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-12-2015, 10:34 PM   #26
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,020 Times in 7,110 Posts
Lol Kony 2012 would disagree with you.
Advertisement
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-13-2015, 01:30 PM   #27
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
I hope the guy who got fired sues hydro one somehow for wrongful termination and gets a fat payout.

Yea what he said is stupid and can be subjected to humiliation but to be fired from your job? Do i have to make sure i watch what i say ANYWHERE OUTSIDE of work in fear of getting fired?

What happened to free speech? Fuck this Carebear society.
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 01:54 PM   #28
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,219 Times in 1,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drow View Post
I hope the guy who got fired sues hydro one somehow for wrongful termination and gets a fat payout.

Yea what he said is stupid and can be subjected to humiliation but to be fired from your job? Do i have to make sure i watch what i say ANYWHERE OUTSIDE of work in fear of getting fired?

"I believe in free speech but only if I agree with your speech" ~ Anonymous

But seriously, fuck anyone in the pussy that is contributing to our pussy society. I automatically assumed it was the first guy who was fired but it was the second guy?

I can only assume the guy who was fired violated his contract or maybe Hydro is just pulling a PR move to make themselves look anti rape culture. Who the fuck knows.

I get it, she stood up for herself but there's nitwits on every corner of this whole thing. Lame stream media stopped performing their duties long long ago.
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-13-2015, 02:01 PM   #29
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,502 Posts
can't he just say he was super drunk and rowdy?

"i didn't know what i was doing, i was drunk! i was just going with the flow"

lol.

he totally shouldn't be fired over this.

isn't this another version of:

"There's no place for the state in the bedrooms"

replace state with work, and bedroom with, outside of work.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 02:02 PM   #30
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
This whole incident got all of the stupid feminist's panties in a twist on my facebook. Fucking hate feminists.

Dont get me wrong; i believe in equality... If there was a button i could push to make life equal for men and women i'd press it 100%. But i still fucking hate feminists.
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-13-2015, 02:15 PM   #31
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
Quote:
Dont get me wrong; i believe in equality... If there was a button i could push to make life equal for men and women i'd press it 100%. But i still fucking hate feminists.
Agreed lol. IMO there are two types of feminists: those who believe in gender equality and the bitter crones that blame men for all their life failures. Unfortunately, the latter have come to define the feminist movement. I personally don't understand why our society is so obsessed with being "politically correct". Soon enough we will end up living in a 1984 society where even our thoughts are policed for "thought crime" if this BS keeps up. Judge the guy based on his at-work performance, not what he does on his personal time. At the end of the day, literally NONE of us would have jobs if every little "out of context" or "questionable" thing we say on personal time is broken down and analyzed by a bunch of crusaders for political correctness who have nothing better to do with their sad pathetic lives.

Do I think that "FHRITP" is stupid? Yeah, it's really sad and juvenile. If you're going to make an ass of yourself on TV you might as well be original and actually funny.

But I don't think a person should lose their means of making a livelihood for it... worst case scenario, nobody hires this guy due to all the negative backlash, he blows through his savings and needs to take social assistance... one more drain on the social system because of one drunken utterance. Is that fair?
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-13-2015, 02:33 PM   #32
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,232 Times in 2,483 Posts
No comment on whether it is fair for Hydro One to fire the guy's a$$ for making a dumba$$ comment on tv (while on his personal time). I just wanted to point out that this is precisely what the N.American professional sports leagues have been doing with much higher profile as well -- teams and leagues issuing outright bans for athletes that commit crimes outside of the playing field. I have always wondered whether it is appropriate for an employer to fire something for something the employee has done outside of work, and this one just adds to the case.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 02:36 PM   #33
I keep RS good

people don't care about fair.

they just like attacking shit and making themselves feel superior LOL.

rape culture? RAPE CULTURE!?

i'll fuckin show u rape culture. just come on over into my basement and have this drink.

fuck the drink, that's the pussy way. it ain't fun unless they can remember it.

haha...

the problem is, there are too many weak willed and minded people. They crumble when ideals don't match their own virtuous delusions.

it doesn't matter at the end, because the universe doesn't give two fucks about their opinion. lol.

people that scare easily, are the most fun to pick on. you just wanna see them break. they break, or they grow stronger.

i love it when i see some politically correct virtuous snob, on their knees crying over some "outrageous" act... it's like the curtains have been lifted from their eyes. welcome to reality bitch.

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 05-13-2015 at 02:42 PM.
Old 05-13-2015, 02:39 PM   #34
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,123 Posts
Hydro One could have been well within their right to fire the guy, depending on the terms of employment he signed. It's a big corporation with internal lawyers or lawyers on retainer - they're not stupid. Not only that, but they're a public corporation so they're held to a different standard.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-13-2015, 02:43 PM   #35
I keep RS good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
No comment on whether it is fair for Hydro One to fire the guy's a$$ for making a dumba$$ comment on tv (while on his personal time). I just wanted to point out that this is precisely what the N.American professional sports leagues have been doing with much higher profile as well -- teams and leagues issuing outright bans for athletes that commit crimes outside of the playing field. I have always wondered whether it is appropriate for an employer to fire something for something the employee has done outside of work, and this one just adds to the case.
yeah but these people are like the FACE of a team, SPOKES PEOPLE and such. they pay these guys MILLIONS of dollars to be part of an image. and to pass a ball around.

this guy is just a fuckin no face minion, easily replaceable. he's a no body. no one will care, and nothing will change. and he didn't even say anything LOL.

it would be like me being caught on camera cheering on some dudes pulling a prank lol.

the reporter should be punished for taking it personally. she's a reporter. fuckin report. report shit without subjectivity. look into the camera and regurgitate the information to the public. we don't care about how you feel about the prank.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-13-2015, 03:06 PM   #36
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 2,708 Times in 364 Posts
So um, where do I apply to get this guys six figure job
Old 05-13-2015, 03:17 PM   #37
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,108 Times in 5,002 Posts
Haha like half the people calling this guy out haven't done or said something fucking retarded while drunk outside of work... Just didn't have it go viral on YouTube. So many people are such hypocritical little shits nowadays.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-13-2015, 05:15 PM   #38
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,357 Times in 3,446 Posts
Imagine every time you are at work doing something important some idiot comes up to you and starts screaming in your face. That's why this is stupid. Female reporters can't do there jobs and sooner or later instead of sending out a female to do a live report they will sent out a man. This idiot deserved to get fired because it makes his company look bad.
Old 05-13-2015, 05:16 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Haha like half the people calling this guy out haven't done or said something fucking retarded while drunk outside of work... Just didn't have it go viral on YouTube. So many people are such hypocritical little shits nowadays.
Forget you tube he did this on live TV most of us have done something stupid but we are smart enough not to do it on live TV.
Old 05-13-2015, 05:20 PM   #40
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,193 Times in 2,275 Posts
As I said
Does the guy deserve to lose his job? it depends on contract of employment signed. I mean, any action outside of work that gives a company a bad rep/face is a break of the code of conduct. sad reality. But if its unionized, he can probably drag this shit out and get paid during

that said. Good for teh reporter for sticking up to this shit. Most just decide to cut the feed or apologize. It makes for good TV
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 05:34 PM   #41

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Imagine every time you are at work doing something important some idiot comes up to you and starts screaming in your face. That's why this is stupid. Female reporters can't do there jobs and sooner or later instead of sending out a female to do a live report they will sent out a man. This idiot deserved to get fired because it makes his company look bad.
This is not a gender issue. Women and men have been saying this phrase to reporters reguardless of gender.

Today's feminists and Social Justice Warriors desire attention. Vicitims get the most attention and sympathy so they will attempt to turn any issue into one about them.
Old 05-13-2015, 05:41 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncing Bettys View Post
This is not a gender issue. Women and men have been saying this phrase to reporters reguardless of gender.

Today's feminists and Social Justice Warriors desire attention. Vicitims get the most attention and sympathy so they will attempt to turn any issue into one about them.

The original viral video's only had female reporters and I have not seen a video with a male reporter but there are probable some. But the remarks are towards woman. End of the day if you think saying FHITP is cool you are an idiot. If anyone one feels sorry for they how lost his job you can hire him pay him 100K a year.
Old 05-13-2015, 06:59 PM   #43
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,572 Times in 4,314 Posts
Quote:

If he's not in breech of his contract, Hydro One should pay him a fat settlement (incl. NDA) and chalk it up to good press - win-win.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 07:01 PM   #44
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
It's not being hypocritical, it's taking your level of stupidity to another realm. For that, one deserves to be punished!

Do you talk shit about other people? Act racist or sexist behind closed doors with your friends? So be it! That's human. But if you're dumb enough to do it on public television or on camera for the world to see, you're dumber than the rest of us and we can criticize your actions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICE BOY View Post
If he's not in breech of his contract, Hydro One should pay him a fat settlement (incl. NDA) and chalk it up to good press - win-win.
"Breech" of contract...they need just-cause to fire him. Is this just-cause? A third party arbitrator can decide if it needs to go there. But it doesn't have violate something explicitly in a contract to be fired for just cause.

The company could argue that his outside of work actions and activities interfere with his ability to do his job at work. It can be simple as having other employees not wanting to work and interact with him or his outside of work actions could be reflective in his day to day demeanour with other coworkers and clients.

Breaking the company's code of ethics, breaking the law or making the business look bad are 3 very justifiable "for cause" reasons.

Putting a provision in the contract only helps the company's case as it put the employee on notice that his actions were grounds for dismissal.

To say that there is no way that his actions on live TV won't have negative business implications for the company is quite a stretch.

Last edited by parm104; 05-13-2015 at 07:11 PM.
parm104 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-13-2015, 07:33 PM   #45
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
just gon leave this here..

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-13-2015, 07:37 PM   #46
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
Quote:
As much as I agree with your posts, gonna play other side here...

On that news report, where does it show the guys name, employer name etc. Hydro publicized his information on their press release. He would've been the asshole at work no one liked and it would've just been that + the full on questioning from the reporter.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-13-2015, 07:51 PM   #47
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

They are a public company and his name would have come out. His name is also posted on the sunshine list of public servants who make a certain salary. Only matter of time before Hydro 1 would feel public pressure to act.
Old 05-13-2015, 09:05 PM   #48

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Quote:
The original viral video's only had female reporters and I have not seen a video with a male reporter but there are probable some. But the remarks are towards woman. End of the day if you think saying FHITP is cool you are an idiot. If anyone one feels sorry for they how lost his job you can hire him pay him 100K a year.
About half of the examples in the following video is with male reporters abd the second example is a female saying the phrase. Clearly those saying the phrase are not doing it as an attack on female reporters. Its a silly prank at the expense of an media industry which has lost all respect in the eyes of the public. Much of this they brought upon themselves. Respect isn't given out for nothing, you earn it.
NWS for language

Reporters are supposed to report what they see to the rest of the world so we might learn the truth. There are times when they can put their life on the line, dodging bullets and mortars in order to get a story but you are saying female reporters might have to stop doing their job because words might hurt them? I thought women wanted to be seen as strong, to be treated as equals, but they can't handle words? We need to shield women from words? What a great message for young girls.

Last edited by Bouncing Bettys; 05-13-2015 at 09:18 PM.
Bouncing Bettys is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-13-2015, 09:05 PM   #49
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,147 Times in 387 Posts
Quote:
On the 6 o'clock news, BC CTV reporters were saying that the FHITP stuff is already at the point where yahoos are yelling it at any live reporter, male or female.

Nowadays, anything can and will go viral. Cops using correct force/excessive force. Dumb behaviors. Dashcam videos. Look what happened to this poor guy:
https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/201...h-darth-vader/

TLDR: Man takes selfie with Darth Vader poster. Mom thought he was taking a pic of her kids, posts to FB that he's a possible child molester. Thousands of shares later, Both parties are getting death threats.
Mikoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 09:18 PM   #50
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,785 Times in 3,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_BIGGS View Post
They are a public company and his name would have come out..
may be i'm missing part of the story, why does his name have to come out?
If he was in uniform, officially representing his company, or at a work sanctioned social function, then I can understand.

i think it needs to be re-emphasized that he did not even say the phrase, just acted like a drunk idiot who finds it hilarious
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote