REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   FHRITP bro gets F'd in the A by employer (https://www.revscene.net/forums/703345-fhritp-bro-gets-fd-employer.html)

AzNightmare 05-13-2015 09:31 PM

Yeah... this is why if you're going to do stupid shit, don't do it in front of a camera, especially live TV.

No, you don't need to watch every word you say outside of work, but there's a place and time to do it.

Mikoyan 05-13-2015 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twitchyzero (Post 8636191)
may be i'm missing part of the story, why does his name have to come out?
If he was in uniform, officially representing his company, or at a work sanctioned social function, then I can understand.

i think it needs to be re-emphasized that he did not even say the phrase, just acted like a drunk idiot who finds it hilarious

I agree he's a drunk idiot, but the problem was that once the witch hunt started to try to identify him, his employer got identified and dragged into it. Google Hydro One. Other than the first couple official website links to HO, everything is linked to the FHITP story.

Company fired him to protect their image. In the past it would have been a small local story, they maybe would have sat him down and lectured him and not fire him, but once it went viral, knee jerk reaction was to cut him loose.

Look what happens with dash cam videos now.

Gucci Mane 05-13-2015 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikoyan (Post 8636202)
I agree he's a drunk idiot, but the problem was that once the witch hunt started to try to identify him, his employer got identified and dragged into it. Google Hydro One. Other than the first couple official website links to HO, everything is linked to the FHITP story.

Company fired him to protect their image. In the past it would have been a small local story, they maybe would have sat him down and lectured him and not fire him, but once it went viral, knee jerk reaction was to cut him loose.

Look what happens with dash cam videos now.

it's like this story, it went viral so the company had no choice. and this was just a tweet.. this other guy was on live television which is much worse imo.

Justine Sacco, PR executive fired over racist tweet, 'ashamed' | World news | The Guardian

multicartual 05-14-2015 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drow (Post 8636019)
This whole incident got all of the stupid feminist's panties in a twist on my facebook. Fucking hate feminists.

Dont get me wrong; i believe in equality... If there was a button i could push to make life equal for men and women i'd press it 100%. But i still fucking hate feminists.

Add me on Facebook and I'll troll the shit out of your friends!

multicartual 05-14-2015 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bouncing Bettys (Post 8636102)
This is not a gender issue. Women and men have been saying this phrase to reporters reguardless of gender.

Today's feminists and Social Justice Warriors desire attention. Vicitims get the most attention and sympathy so they will attempt to turn any issue into one about them.

I wrote an article about professional victims over at Modern Heartbreak | Worse than a first world problem.

just an fyi :)

parm104 05-14-2015 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiger_handheld (Post 8636155)
As much as I agree with your posts, gonna play other side here...

On that news report, where does it show the guys name, employer name etc. Hydro publicized his information on their press release. He would've been the asshole at work no one liked and it would've just been that + the full on questioning from the reporter.

Are you overlooking the fact that if he works with clients in the community, that they will not recognize him and want to work with him? Just because you and I don't recognize a guy from Toronto, doesn't mean other people who do business with him won't recognize him...

Is it not plausible that a client of the firm saw him on tv and then made the firm aware of his out-of-work actions?

multicartual 05-14-2015 01:11 AM

There are several people I'm aware of who have made like 30k+ USD in the last year from patreon donations after playing professional victim.

Life is like a giant reality show now due to our 24 hour news cycle and social media. People want their entertainment from the drama of others, not on TV, but in actual reality...

underscore 05-14-2015 06:57 AM

Am I missing something here, or did this guy:

http://i.cbc.ca/1.3072313.1431525818...awn-simoes.jpg

really get fired for simply saying that he thinks it's funny? Is this a joke? What kind of company fires someone based on what they consider funny (but don't actually do themselves!) outside of work?

I could maybe, maybe understand the guy who actually went and said it getting in shit, but the two random guys this goof reporter picked off after who said they think it's funny? What a fucking joke.

parm104 05-14-2015 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underscore (Post 8636281)

I could maybe, maybe understand the guy who actually went and said it getting in shit, but the two random guys this goof reporter picked off after who said they think it's funny? What a fucking joke.

What makes this reporter a goof? She went after some guys who tried to interfere with her job and turned the tables on them. That makes her a goof?

He didn't just laugh at the incident; he encouraged and promoted it. He promoted disrespectful, discriminatory and harassing behaviour towards this goof, female reporter. Furthermore he told her "she is lucky they didn't have a vibrator."

GGnoRE 05-14-2015 08:25 AM

Where is this sense of entitlement coming from? that the only way to get fired from work is to be absolutely terrible at your job?

This guy is now famous for making himself look like an idiot in public and that itself is a reputational risk/liability for a corporation. Cut him a severance paycheque and be done with it.

When your firm cares about their reputation, don't act like a retard in public, especially not in front of a tv camera.

6o4__boi 05-14-2015 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underscore (Post 8636281)
Am I missing something here, or did this guy:

http://i.cbc.ca/1.3072313.1431525818...awn-simoes.jpg

really get fired for simply saying that he thinks it's funny? Is this a joke? What kind of company fires someone based on what they consider funny (but don't actually do themselves!) outside of work?

You're missing a lot of things lol. How did they consider it funny? It's one thing to explain it with some civility in front of a camera, it's another to come up with half-assed reasoning.
At the end of the day it's all about image. But i am curious how you happened to arrive at calling this reporter a "goof".
Please do enlighten us how she ends up being the "goof" in all this.

underscore 05-14-2015 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parm104 (Post 8636288)
What makes this reporter a goof? She went after some guys who tried to interfere with her job and turned the tables on them. That makes her a goof?

She went after some random in the background, not the idiot that actually yelled it in front of the camera. Go talk to the idiot that actually made the comment, don't get confrontational with someone standing nearby.

GLOW 05-14-2015 08:56 AM

the guy in shades looked like he was gonna do it when the guy that actually did cut in and took off...when she saw him lingering she asked and he confirmed he was waiting to do it, therefore was not some random as it was his intent.

not sure how the dude that got fired got involved, it seemed like he overheard and decided to get himself involved by spouting off at her.

i suppose she could have tried to chase the dude running away down...

jackmeister 05-14-2015 08:59 AM

so now being a drunk bystander = getting yourself fired?

Berzerker 05-14-2015 09:06 AM

I thought the guy who got fired was the guy who yelled FHRITP..... This isn't the case? He was just a guy standing there who thought, like many others, that it was funny? If that were me, I would be heading straight to a lawyers office after getting fired.

Berz.

jackmeister 05-14-2015 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berzerker (Post 8636319)
I thought the guy who got fired was the guy who yelled FHRITP..... This isn't the case? He was just a guy standing there who thought, like many others, that it was funny? If that were me, I would be heading straight to a lawyers office after getting fired.

Berz.

he probably will make more money from lawsuit, and a year later everyone will forget about this

According to CBC:

guy being interviewed worked for Hydro One
guy that yelled FHRITP worked for Cognex Corp

next guy getting fired: watched a canucks game, got drunk, and jaywalked to the skytrain :rukidding:

parm104 05-14-2015 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underscore (Post 8636311)
She went after some random in the background, not the idiot that actually yelled it in front of the camera. Go talk to the idiot that actually made the comment, don't get confrontational with someone standing nearby.

Honestly, did you even watch the original video or are you waiting 10 years until Timpo posts it to watch it?

HE was NOT a random. They weren't random bystanders. They were apart of the same group and stood around in anticipation waiting for their friend to do it.

Do you honestly think a reporter would go after some random people laughing on the side of the street on live TV?

She approached them because they planned this together and waited to watch their friend do it. She didn't just talk to these "randoms," rather she approached the group he was with spoke to his friend who wanted to be on TV WHILE it happened and his other now, unemployed friend.

All you guys talking about "lawsuits" and "lawyers" here...What is his cause of action? What did the employer do that was violating any of his rights?

6o4__boi 05-14-2015 12:27 PM

lol i don't understand why people in this thread are so fucking dense...

maybe i really am smarter than most...haha

sure, it's fine to act like a dick and say stupid shit. We've all done it, we'll keep doing it.
Those idiots were dumb enough to be televised.
It's out there, they're gonna get judged no matter what the level of involvement is. I mean the level of arrogance behind the answer is pretty self-explanatory. I'd start a fight if someone talked to me with that kind of arrogance.

Anyone with half a brain would've just walked away from the thing or at least thought of something new or funny to blurt out.
Instead you get a bunch of alpha wannabes blurting out retarded answers and look absolutely stupid doing it.

From an image perspective, it's indefensible. Every one knows half wits like these exists but when you're a half-wit nobody on live tv blurting out stupid shit...prepare for a shit storm. Yeah, i've done and said stupid shit. Yeah, i'll keep doing it. That's another thing. The bottom line is that these idiots did it on tv.

At the end of the day, the moral of the story is unless you're a famous half-wit, don't say stupid shit on tv.
There, was that really that complicated?

underscore 05-14-2015 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parm104 (Post 8636382)
Honestly, did you even watch the original video or are you waiting 10 years until Timpo posts it to watch it?

HE was NOT a random. They weren't random bystanders. They were apart of the same group and stood around in anticipation waiting for their friend to do it.

Do you honestly think a reporter would go after some random people laughing on the side of the street on live TV?

She approached them because they planned this together and waited to watch their friend do it. She didn't just talk to these "randoms," rather she approached the group he was with spoke to his friend who wanted to be on TV WHILE it happened and his other now, unemployed friend.

Where are you getting this from? The clip starts a few seconds before the guy pops up and then takes off, how do you know they were with that guy? I'm not seeing anything that definitively says they were together beforehand so I'm curious as to what you're basing these claims on.

multicartual 05-14-2015 01:03 PM

If you ever get the chance to, blurt out: "Buy her flowers and a dinner!"

Hope it goes viral then use the fame to fuck fans right in the pussy!

6o4__boi 05-14-2015 01:21 PM

lmfao...that's actually not a bad idea LOL
run up with a rose or some shit to the reporter...boom! Pussy!

Until feminazis fuck it up and somehow tie that to rape culture.

some reporters i've seen are just
http://cdn.meme.am/images/300x/10783386.jpg

68style 05-14-2015 01:33 PM

^
Gonna tweet your post, disrespectful to women you stupid man lolzzzz

I was gonna say something about being drunk and getting egged on in a group of guys... But I am preaching to a choir here I forgot most of RS is in their Ninja Turtles onesies by 10pm studying for the big Compsci/Math/Finance/Piano test the next day

Traum 05-14-2015 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6o4__boi (Post 8636412)
lmfao...that's actually not a bad idea LOL
run up with a rose or some shit to the reporter...boom! Pussy!

You know, dude, you just gave me an idea. Next time I see a female reporter doing a live shoot, I'm gonna run up to her with a rose and propose just to troll her.

Not sure if the wifey would approve, and not sure how I can pull a rose outta my a$$ at random. But I'll think of something.

Hopefully I won't get my a$$ fired at work? :badpokerface:

6o4__boi 05-14-2015 02:11 PM

don't do it man, my 6o4__boi persona is all i got, please!

and quit hatin' on my TMNT onesies, do you know how long it took me to find a Shredder one?!?

With regards to being drunk and getting egged on, fair enough, but like I said, bottom line is that it's on tv. Everyone's seen your face and how you acted. Everyone's gonna make judgements.
You got drunk, you done goofed. Either way, using the drunk/egged on excuse doesn't really hold up well in an argument. Yes, everyone can relate to it but it doesn't exactly make it valid.
It's like saying i fucked up and got caught 10km/h over the speed limit while in a pack of cars in the Police Forum. Yeah, people will sympathize and people will understand but in the grand scheme of things, you done goofed son. And while an excuse may generate argument, at the end of the day, you were still in the wrong.
I've done some pretty dumb things on the sauce but i don't think i've been that stupid to blow myself up in front of a wide audience especially in this day and age.

6o4__boi 05-14-2015 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traum (Post 8636427)
You know, dude, you just gave me an idea. Next time I see a female reporter doing a live shoot, I'm gonna run up to her with a rose and propose just to troll her.

Not sure if the wifey would approve, and not sure how I can pull a rose outta my a$$ at random. But I'll think of something.

Hopefully I won't get my a$$ fired at work? :badpokerface:

i'd be more scared of the wife than losing my job to be honest lol