REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-12-2015, 02:24 PM   #1
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
FHRITP bro gets F'd in the A by employer

Looks like it was a nice, high-paying public job too:

Quote:
Hydro One is firing a Sunshine List employee involved in a vulgar incident with a CityNews reporter at Sunday’s Toronto FC game.

“Regarding the incident at the Toronto FC game between a (CityNews) reporter and fans, Hydro One is taking steps to terminate the employee involved for violating our Code of Conduct,” said Daffyd Roderick, director, corporate affairs for Hydro One.

“Respect for all people is engrained in the Code of Conduct and in our Core Values and we are committed to a work environment where discrimination or harassment of any type is met with zero tolerance.”
Roderick identified the employee as Shawn Simoes, an assistant network management engineer who made $106,510.50 a year.

Earlier today, Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment said the Toronto FC fans involved in the incident will be banned for “at least” a year.

CityNews reporter Shauna Hunt confronted several men on Sunday while she was outside of a Toronto FC game. While recording a standup for her report, a number of men shouted the phrase “F--- her right in the p----!"

Shawn Simoes, seen at right, was going to be terminated from employment at Hydro One, the corporation said Tuesday.

The camera kept rolling as video shows she confronted some of the men who had shouted at her, as well as a group of men standing behind her waiting for their chance to do the same.

Simoes, the employee being fired by Hydro One, did not shout the previously mentioned phrase, but did speak to Hunt on camera after the incident occured. “It is f---ing hilarious,” he told the reporter.

“We’re appalled that this trend of disrespectful behaviour would make its way to our city, let alone anywhere near our stadium,” MLSE said in a statement. “‎We are working to identify the individuals, and when we do they will be banned from all of our facilities.”

The disturbing trend of shouting a vulgar phrase into a journalist’s microphone – typically a female journalist, often while she is live on air – has happened to reporters in various cities across North America.
“Moving forward, we will also work with our local television outlets to provide extra security support to female reporters doing live hits at any of our games,” continued MLSE’s statement.

“Our organization is committed to an environment where everyone can feel safe and included and discrimination or intolerance of any kind will be met with a swift and serious response. We’re thankful to our vast majority of fans for standing up against such sexist behaviour and working with us to help prevent it in the future.”

Growing visibly frustrated, Hunt eventually confronted some of the men after they shouted at her.

“Can I ask why you would want to say something like that?” she asked one.
“I feel like it’s quite substantial,” he said.

She asked another man how his mother would feel if she knew he spoke like that, to which the man responded, “Oh, my mom would die laughing, eventually.”

While the “FHRITP” trend is vulgar, it could also be illegal.

“So far none of the reporters want charges laid,” said Const. Victor Kwong of the Toronto police. “Bottom line is, if the reporters did want to file a report with us, they absolutely can.”

In Calgary, police have issued a statement to broadcasters that the activity constitutes grounds for a charge and arrest.

“We haven’t taken it as far as what Calgary has done because in Calgary apparently it was quite rampant and quite common,” Kwong said.
Kingston police said in a tweet on Tuesday morning, “Our media partners should not have to deal with #FHRITP. Cause Disturbance seems to apply.”
Causing disturbance is a Criminal Code offence which includes “fighting, screaming, shouting, swearing, singing or using insulting or obscene language,” in a public place.

Toronto police spokeswoman Meaghan Gray said that they are familiar with the phenomenon.

“Certainly if we did have a complainant come forward we would work with the employer to investigate the incident and depending on the outcome of that investigation, would determine what if any charges would be appropriate,” said Gray.

She says that it would be difficult to speculate on any one particular charge, as it would depend on the exact nature of the incident and subsequent investigation.

“You could be looking at mischief, you could be looking at breach of the peace, you could be looking at sexual harassment, you could be looking at assault,” Gray said.

“I wouldn’t want to put a number on it, but it’s happening more and more often,” she said.
source
Advertisement
Old 05-12-2015, 02:38 PM   #2
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,059 Times in 1,179 Posts
I think it is f---ing hilarious that Simoes got fired.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi

Last edited by Gumby; 05-12-2015 at 03:50 PM.
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 02:39 PM   #3
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
wow. that escalated quickly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 02:41 PM   #4
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
haha dumbass.

That was pretty cringeworthingly embarassing to begin with.

If you're gonna say something stupid on live tv at least make it original and fucking hilarious. I might be able to sympathize.

And FFS, who the fuck wears an Arsenal jersey to a Toronto FC game...you would think making that much money he'd be able to afford a TFC jersey. I'd fire him just for that.
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-12-2015, 02:50 PM   #5
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,788 Times in 979 Posts
classic case of boys that never grew up.
Old 05-12-2015, 03:11 PM   #6
ZN6
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,731 Times in 649 Posts

That has got to be the stupidest response I've ever heard. Maybe he should quantify how substantial.

"Why would you do something like that?"

"ONE BILLION BIGGUMS"
ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-12-2015, 03:11 PM   #7
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
Moron got owned.
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 03:14 PM   #8
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts

Ouch, that $106,510.60 a year.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 03:17 PM   #9
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
^^^
His salary is stated in OP.

There are pages upon pages of results when you Google Shawn Simoes. He's already pulled down all the social media, but there's no stopping his internet-fame
Old 05-12-2015, 03:24 PM   #10

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Loses 6-figure cushy public sector job over FHRITP

Don't get me wrong, I think that's a bit much (and if a union is involved, you can pretty much guarantee he won't actually get fired), but I'm so sick of this FHRITP garbage.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-12-2015, 03:25 PM   #11
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
If you're gonna say something stupid on live tv at least make it original and fucking hilarious. I might be able to sympathize.
Agreed.

This:

is a classic, cause it's just fucking epic, but most people doing it now are just totally unoriginal, and the jokes gotten old. People need to give this one a rest.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 03:26 PM   #12
ZN6
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,731 Times in 649 Posts
His mom must be so proud.

Is anything happening to that first guy with the aviator glasses? That guy is just as bad.
ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-12-2015, 03:43 PM   #13
I don't get it

^im pretty sure that video ( the original ) was a spoof made by a couple guys that wanted to go viral. those aren't actually newscasters but just fakes for the sake of a viral skit
Old 05-12-2015, 04:41 PM   #14
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
I'd be interested to know his response to the next employer when they go "Shawn, why did you leave Hydro One" ... dammed if you're honest, dammed if you lie.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 04:47 PM   #15
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,037 Times in 2,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_handheld View Post
I'd be interested to know his response to the next employer when they go "Shawn, why did you leave Hydro One" ... dammed if you're honest, dammed if you lie.
^ refer to your own signature for the proper way to spell damned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 05:03 PM   #16
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
Dammed because he works at hydro.
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 05:32 PM   #17
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
I've always believed this stunt and others like it to be just an indirect pushback from society towards a media that has failed its public. Ratings have become more important than the truth. They job they do is far more offensive and disrespectful than words.
Old 05-12-2015, 05:50 PM   #18
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,193 Times in 2,275 Posts
Good for the reporter to push back really

first few was good, then it became awkward cuz no one really fought back
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 08:52 PM   #19
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Guy should have had a job like mine then he could behave like a moron all he wants!

Poor guy was a fragile retard, haha, sucker!
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 08:53 PM   #20
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
Uhm...the guy that may be fired didn't say 'fuck her right in the pussy' though
and another article i saw the company is going through the process of firing him but there needs to be a hearing etc. and i find it hard to believe he'd lose that trial
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-12-2015, 09:15 PM   #21
Banned (ABWS)

Either way, his name is permanently fucked!
Old 05-12-2015, 09:24 PM   #22

Thanked 31,128 Times in 7,143 Posts
I mean, its overall pretty stupid, but my whole Facebook is blowing up with people talking about how its "rape culture" and how our society promotes hatred and sexual assault towards women. I mean, the joke could have just as easily been "fuck him in the ass."
This has nothing to do with consent, sexual assault, or whatever else. It just comes down to saying something stupid. I don't understand how people seem to think something pertains to whatever their flavour of the month cause happens to be at the time. The same fucking dipshits would be talking about how this guy was supporting Kony's child slavery 3 years ago by his actions. This is not important national news. People get fired for being fucking idiots every day.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 10:06 PM   #23
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,283 Times in 2,503 Posts
Westopher,

I generally agree with what you are saying. What I think you haven't pointed out is, vulgarity that blatantly involves sexual associations on women is heavily frown upon in our society -- to the point that it is much more serious than the same vulgarity directed towards men. Had the reporter been a dude, and the idiot really said FHRITA (ie. f--k him right in the a$$) instead of this rape bullshxt, I doubt the reaction would be anywhere nearly as serious. The guy would still be taken as an idiot, but his 5 min of fame would almost certainly fade out much faster than it does now.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-12-2015, 10:25 PM   #24
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,755 Times in 544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
Either way, his name is permanently fucked!
people will remember him only for a certain length of period. After that people wouldnt even care anymore.
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 10:30 PM   #25
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovebacon View Post
people will remember him only for a certain length of period. After that people wouldnt even care anymore.

The Internet always remembers
This post thanked by: