REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   How much money do beggers make? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/703415-how-much-money-do-beggers-make.html)

Timpo 05-16-2015 06:43 PM

How much money do beggers make?

Ok so I see some high numbers.. is this actually possible that they're making this much money? :eek:

How Much Do Beggars and Street Performers Make? ? My Personal Finance Journey

A 2013 South African study found that beggars could make the equivalent of $18 per day begging in South Africa.
A 2008 report stated that some Oregon beggars outside a Wal Mart make $100k per year / $300 per day.
A beggar in Oklahoma City, OK makes $60k per year, or $30 per hour average.
An actual homeless person who runs a Blogspot blog stated that he makes between $15-$30 per hour, but it is usually closer to $15 per hour on average. In addition, he mentions that it is very un-steady income, meaning that sometimes, he can beg all day and only make $60.
Another article reported that they talked to several local beggars who said they would make the equivalent of $13 per hour.

How much money do beggars/panhandlers make an hour? - Quora

look at this, they did this scenario and one of them made $56.11/hr
How much money do beggars/panhandlers make an hour? - Quora

What the heck, I would love to make $56.11/hr or $100,000 un-taxed cash.

J.C 05-16-2015 06:47 PM

time to get on the streets timpo
beg your way to a GTR!!

dragondragon99 05-16-2015 06:53 PM

they make more than me

xXSupa 05-16-2015 06:55 PM

Yeah they do. If the beggar is in an area with high foot traffic, and lets say that there's 10 people walking by every minute, and 1 out of every 10 people usually drops some coins. If on average, he gets 50 cent per drop, then that's already $30 per hour.

pastarocket 05-16-2015 07:01 PM

Losing your dignity in order to make more money? My dignity means more than spare change from a stranger. :accepted:

Timpo, does the money from begging in order to buy a GT-R mean more than self-respect? :troll:

Timpo 05-16-2015 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXSupa (Post 8637184)
Yeah they do. If the beggar is in an area with high foot traffic, and lets say that there's 10 people walking by every minute, and 1 out of every 10 people usually drops some coins. If on average, he gets 50 cent per drop, then that's already $30 per hour.

Oh shit this is exactly why beggers never change.

If they're making that much money, why on earth would they go through all the effort and get a minimum wage job, or any jobs.
The other reason why they don't get a real job is probably because it doesn't pay enough to buy drugs.

Timpo 05-16-2015 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pastarocket (Post 8637187)
Timpo, does the money from begging in order to buy a GT-R mean more than self-respect? :troll:

Well getting a car like this for virtually doing nothing is not a bad deal :troll:
http://www.spectacularvehicles.com/w...an-gt-r-03.jpg

mr_chin 05-16-2015 08:52 PM

There was this one panhandler when I used to work in Langley, where he got $100 from some dude. Then later, I saw him hopped into a brand new lexus.

Since the, I never hand any stranger any money, be it some bum on the side of 7-11. They have arms and legs, go get a job.

Mr.C 05-16-2015 09:17 PM

I once set up a computer for a dude that lived in social housing, that said he was clearing on average 50-60k per year. Holy shit.

His social housing place looked nicer than my condo.

punkwax 05-16-2015 09:39 PM

I've heard some people make $200-300 per day begging... not bad at all.

hi-revs 05-16-2015 09:56 PM

Never realized there were THAT many people giving beggers money

Gnomes 05-17-2015 06:00 AM

Keep in mind, all of this is TAX FREE! Plus you can double dip into welfare too

Hot Karl 05-17-2015 07:19 AM

save the hate for the idiots who actually give their money away.

i'm not going to fault anyone who comes up with a legal scam with zero overhead.

that's a fucking power move. we just dealt drugs when we had no jobs in our youth. which one seems smarter? yea panhandling.

multicartual 05-17-2015 08:35 AM

If you people think for a second that the average panhandler makes that much money you are the biggest fucking retard and you should kill yourself now.

multicartual 05-17-2015 08:35 AM

The retard with the Bieber avatar talks so much retarded shit I need brain bleach sometimes

flagella 05-17-2015 08:42 AM

Wonder how much that dude trying to feed his gf in downtown makes. Always in the middle of the fking street doing some drunken dancing. Also another dude who looks like some serial killer that only spews "spare some cash."

Fucking homeless fucks and the retards that keep giving out money.

Timpo 05-17-2015 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by multicartual (Post 8637310)
If you people think for a second that the average panhandler makes that much money you are the biggest fucking retard and you should kill yourself now.

well do you know for the fact though?

multicartual 05-17-2015 09:45 AM

Since I'm enjoying my day I won't spend a lot of time explaining it, but...

Crackheads are delusional. You can't really take anything they say for granted.

BrownBear 05-17-2015 10:01 AM

How much money do beggers make?

Anyone got spare change? Just etrasnfer it into my bank account

stewie 05-17-2015 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by multicartual (Post 8637310)

I cant agree that they make that much money a year, but I will agree with them making quite a bit of money. Every time I'm going north on boundary rd trying to turn left onto grandview, theres a begger there. I can be at the very back of the line up, watch them make a few bucks within 2-3 minutes of the light being red...light goes green, I'm unable to make it through the light, they do their walk, get a few more bucks. with the light changing every couple minutes, and people giving them a few quarters or a buck or two over an 8-12 hour period...thats quite a bit. some of them have signs saying "no money, living outside, hungry, please help", which is a guilt trip for half the people out there to lend them a helping hand.

when I see the same begger there for months on end, each time with different colored dyed hair, clothes, shoes, jackets...how broke can they actually be.

not to mention, at that same intersection, during the summer, I've found stacks of signs hidden behind those electric boxes. almost as if they show up, pick a sign for the day, and hope for the best.

Timpo 05-17-2015 10:15 AM

is begging illegal? I think hitchhiking is right?
it's a fraud in a way and people are giving them drug money too.

multicartual 05-17-2015 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stewie (Post 8637339)
almost as if they show up, pick a sign for the day, and hope for the best.

Definitely sounds like livin' the dream

synchrocone 05-17-2015 10:50 AM

A couple weeks ago, while exiting Tinseltown, a beggar approached me for spare change. I told him, "I can't, I'm doing worse than you are", in a sad, friendly way. He approached me again at the crosswalk, then some guy in his early 20's pushed the beggar several times into the complex glass. I was hoping it wasn't going to be $1000 damage cause it sounded loud. I should have just given the poor guy a dollar or something.

Tone Loc 05-17-2015 11:34 AM

Whenever I drive past intersections where there are beggars in my rusty and paint-faded AE86, they ask for change from everyone except me...

Not sure if I should feel ashamed or happy I dodged a bullet

thebrownboy 05-17-2015 12:21 PM

When I see a beggar I just offer to buy them food from McDonalds or whatever is close but funny thing is that half of them just decline and ask for money instead. I guess that's how i differentiate from the real poor people and the one's who make good money. I even once had a guy downtown say no to my offer because he said he would lose out on making money if he left to go with me into McDonalds :rukidding: