REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > House and Home Renovations

House and Home Renovations THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Designing your new condo or townhouse? Renovating your kitchen? Share your photos and project ideas with other experts here! We're not just modifying our cars anymore..

Old 05-19-2015, 07:43 AM   #1
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Need a Pest Control Company

So I have what I believe are carpenter ants in the landing for my exterior stairs. Can someone recommend a pest control company?

I was going to go with a big company like Orkin that wants $500 for exterior home spray up to a year but figured I'd ask before I proceed. The landing is very small so I think 1 visit to clear out the landing would do it vs coverage of up to a year and around the entire house.

suggestions? TIA
Advertisement

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 08:51 AM   #2
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,149 Times in 388 Posts
I had carpenter ant issues a couple years ago. Spraying them isn't the only thing you'll need to do, as they'll come back.

You're going to need to check for water damaged wood and repair/replace it. I had a carport with a joist that had become waterlogged and moist. They had hollowed out a 2 foot section of a 2x8 and nested. the wood was so weak, I put my fist through it when I leaned on it. Good thing I had a 5L bottle of Home Defence Max handy. I filled a garbage bag with 6" of dead ants.

The main thing is to clear any dead wet decaying wood from your property. In the end we removed the decaying 30 year old fence and posts between us and the neighbor, as that was attracting them to the area.

Since we did that, I haven't seen a single carpenter ant around at all. Total costs: $35 bucks for the insecticide, $900 to repair and replace the damaged wood.
Mikoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 09:06 AM   #3
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,584 Times in 4,318 Posts
Obligatory troll reply:

Spoiler!

You can get it sprayed but like I told you before, you'll have to find the source. Unfortunately, it's probably in the sheathing or studs, so it'll require some degree of demo and repairs to actually solve the problem.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 10:41 AM   #4
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
i've followed some down my column and they seem to head towards the fence separating my neighbour as well...

so should i repair the wood in the landing (i believe there is moisture getting in) first and then spray, or spray, repair, and spray again? I assume when you say spray you mean bring in a pro, not just get a spray bottle from HD and spray?

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 01:35 AM   #5
Banned (ABWS)

Yes dear I can recommend the best pest control company to you. I have been using the services of a domestic Pest control Port Macquarie company. They use natural pest treatment. Please visit midnorthcoastpestcontrol.com.au for more details!
Jayri74 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-30-2017, 02:01 AM   #6
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Quite helpful information on pest control company. Couple of weeks ago, I hired a renowned pest control company which also provides information on how to treat bed bug bites at home instantly anytime. Glad that they provided such helpful information.
Hamony43 is offline   Reply With Quote