REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2015, 10:33 PM   #1
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Richmond
Posts: 18
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Late Night Talk Shows

Looked around and couldn't find anything related, so why not start one?

Doesn't matter if it's British, Asian, American, or anywhere else. Which one appeals to you most?

Sucks that Letterman's out of the game now
Advertisement
CaptainSigFig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 10:44 PM   #2
das not it mane
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: wonderland
Posts: 1,879
Thanked 1,840 Times in 506 Posts
1. Conan
2. Kimmel

the end.
__________________
RIP in peace
jonwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 10:45 PM   #3
#deephouse
 
knight604's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,196
Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,245 Posts
1.Conan
2.fallon
__________________
/// x AMG
knight604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-21-2015, 11:35 PM   #4
Cant Stop Modding Fat Cars w/ Cheap Pasts!
 
StylinRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: CELICAland
Posts: 23,045
Thanked 9,234 Times in 3,293 Posts
I was a Ferguson & Leno/Letterman fan (Conan really went downhill for me after he left Late Night)

and now that all 3 of those are gone :/ don't really have anything to watch

James Corden is okay he copies the Graham Norton show from the UK, and that is an alright show too (watch it off of the PS4 BBC app)
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 12:22 AM   #5
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Richmond
Posts: 18
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Conan's still alright to me, it's the random shit he does that makes it his show i guess :P
CaptainSigFig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 12:25 AM   #6
My homepage has been set to RS
 
ScizzMoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: 604
Posts: 2,456
Thanked 1,043 Times in 230 Posts
1. Conan: Seems best at getting the most out of his guests over age 30.
2. Kimmel: Funniest of the bunch as far as being a comedian goes, in my opinion.
3. Seth Meyers: Didn't like him much at first but he is getting a lot better. I like how he has a lot of musical acts.
4. John Oliver (not nightly though)
5. Fallon: Getting kind of tired of the 'Check out what crazy hi-jinx this celeb is getting up to!'.

I think Fallon's formula is gonna stick around too because it makes for good youtube views. The way of late night talk shows is slowly getting killed off as the older guys retire.
__________________
Scizz's a living legend and I tell you why, everybody wanna be Scizz an Scizz still alive
ScizzMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 12:36 AM   #7
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 41,999
Thanked 17,631 Times in 5,339 Posts
To me it's an outdated premise. The conversations are always phony and rarely interesting. Skits can be funny, but those always get posted to youtube anyway, so that's fine.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-22-2015, 12:47 AM   #8
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!
 
j.f0ng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 812
Thanked 1,409 Times in 253 Posts
Graham Norton is my favourite in terms of host/guest conversation. Nothing better than putting a bunch of celebrities together and just watching them bounce the conversation off of each other.
j.f0ng is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 01:06 AM   #9
das not it mane
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: wonderland
Posts: 1,879
Thanked 1,840 Times in 506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScizzMoney View Post
1. Conan: Seems best at getting the most out of his guests over age 30.
2. Kimmel: Funniest of the bunch as far as being a comedian goes, in my opinion.
3. Seth Meyers: Didn't like him much at first but he is getting a lot better. I like how he has a lot of musical acts.
4. John Oliver (not nightly though)
5. Fallon: Getting kind of tired of the 'Check out what crazy hi-jinx this celeb is getting up to!'.

I think Fallon's formula is gonna stick around too because it makes for good youtube views. The way of late night talk shows is slowly getting killed off as the older guys retire.
Don't worry, I think we still have another 20 years of Conan
__________________
RIP in peace
jonwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 01:30 AM   #10
My homepage has been set to RS
 
ScizzMoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: 604
Posts: 2,456
Thanked 1,043 Times in 230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
..The conversations are always phony and rarely interesting..
I completely agree with 1/2 of the guests that get forced upon these hosts. The other half are guests who the host actually knows and they get right into normal feeling conversation. A great example would be Ferguson with a guest like Allison Brie or Kristen Bell. Or Letterman with 90% of Hollywood. Conan with Burr. Seth with Poehler. etc. etc.
__________________
Scizz's a living legend and I tell you why, everybody wanna be Scizz an Scizz still alive
ScizzMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-22-2015, 01:46 AM   #11
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 41,999
Thanked 17,631 Times in 5,339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScizzMoney View Post
I completely agree with 1/2 of the guests that get forced upon these hosts. The other half are guests who the host actually knows and they get right into normal feeling conversation. A great example would be Ferguson with a guest like Allison Brie or Kristen Bell. Or Letterman with 90% of Hollywood. Conan with Burr. Seth with Poehler. etc. etc.
Imagine how much better those examples would be if they were on a free form podcast rather than an 8 minute conversation with commercial breaks?
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 01:51 AM   #12
Cant Stop Modding Fat Cars w/ Cheap Pasts!
 
StylinRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: CELICAland
Posts: 23,045
Thanked 9,234 Times in 3,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.f0ng View Post
Graham Norton is my favourite in terms of host/guest conversation. Nothing better than putting a bunch of celebrities together and just watching them bounce the conversation off of each other.
you might like James Corden then, he took Fergusons spot when Ferg retired, as mentioned he copied Norton, he brings out all his guests at once like Norton and just chats
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 05:53 AM   #13
rsx
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once
 
rsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 6,223
Thanked 3,381 Times in 805 Posts
Graham Norton is probably the most fun talk show. He usually gets a bunch of stars on the couch too, not just one dude. So their interaction alone is hilarious.

I suggest the Seth Macfarlane, Monster girl, Tom Cruise and the actress in the Salmon Fishing.
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-22-2015, 07:41 AM   #14
.
 
jeedee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 8,725
Thanked 5,416 Times in 2,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Imagine how much better those examples would be if they were on a free form podcast rather than an 8 minute conversation with commercial breaks?
Joe Rogan podcast FTW
__________________
Buy/Sell FeedBack: (21-0-1)
jeedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 08:07 AM   #15
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
nns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,101
Thanked 1,747 Times in 533 Posts
Fallon's fake laugh is so obvious and distracting.
__________________
nns
nns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 12:06 PM   #16
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
urrh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: vancouver
Posts: 3,293
Thanked 1,275 Times in 263 Posts
i loved ferguson. he became my #1 when conan was hoping networks
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by orgasm_donor View Post
organge7 has spoken, and we have done the opposite. yay!
urrh is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-22-2015, 01:16 PM   #17
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Richmond
Posts: 18
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
You can't really blame coco though. NBC took most of his bits when he got sacked
CaptainSigFig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 02:46 PM   #18
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once
 
dlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: vancouver
Posts: 6,040
Thanked 7,900 Times in 1,421 Posts
conan, kimmel and fallon are my favs haha
__________________
Quote:
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 03:11 PM   #19
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
white rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Your Moms House
Posts: 3,143
Thanked 2,916 Times in 1,120 Posts
I like Jimmy Fallon on the Tonight Show. He's got good charisma and always has a good time. The history of rap with JT is just spectacular. He's got The Roots as his band for fucks sake! Don't get much better than that.
__________________
"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 11:28 PM   #20
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
ae101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: space
Posts: 3,239
Thanked 1,443 Times in 567 Posts
for all u hongers out there

johnson lee's "SZE u tonight" its pretty funny, getting the american late night talk show thing & bring it over to HK
__________________
http://i55.tinypic.com/jujz2q.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 09:48 AM   #21
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
 
604STIG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 1,405
Thanked 566 Times in 299 Posts
Sucks big time that Letterman is gone now, but out of the remaining Kimmel is the funniest by far, and like Letterman, isn't scared to call celebs out on whatever controversial issues they have.
__________________
2000 Honda Civic
2002 Honda Accord
2005 Ford F-150 XLT
2008 Mercedes C300 - Current (Wifey's now)
2012 Ford F-150 XLT
2014 Ford F-150 FX4- Current
1999 Chevy Trailblazer
2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged - Current

1995 Kawasaki ZX-6R
2005 Yamaha R6 - RIP
2006 Yamaha R6 50th Anniversary Edition - Current

IG: G_SPYDER91
604STIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 12:24 PM   #22
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: vancouver
Posts: 2,764
Thanked 442 Times in 213 Posts
ya atleast kimmel makes fun of that pussy bieber
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 04:11 PM   #23
I have named my kids VIC and VLS
 
Hondaracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Off-Topic
Posts: 27,727
Thanked 7,281 Times in 2,573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
To me it's an outdated premise. The conversations are always phony and rarely interesting. Skits can be funny, but those always get posted to youtube anyway, so that's fine.
no late night has even been remotely funny for the last 10 years

SNL is like..who fucking watches this garbage or finds it remotely entertaining?
__________________
Dank memes cant melt steel beams
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 09:28 PM   #24
My homepage has been set to RS
 
ScizzMoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: 604
Posts: 2,456
Thanked 1,043 Times in 230 Posts
In my opinion the premise is only 'old' to the internet generation (whether you're 15 or 45, if you are net savvy, your attention span is probably not what a non net user's is). My father who is almost 70 still loved Letterman and likes that format. I for one, still enjoy watching the late night shows. The only times I don't is when they have a guest that I don't care about because like others have mentioned the interviews are way too forced half the time.

If you are looking to hear good interviews you should start listening to Howard Stern. A lot of people can't stand him but you cannot deny how great of an interviewer he is. He is able to get a lot out of people because he is able to spend a good amount of time with his guests and just knows how to guide a conversation.
__________________
Scizz's a living legend and I tell you why, everybody wanna be Scizz an Scizz still alive
ScizzMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 09:37 PM   #25
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 41,999
Thanked 17,631 Times in 5,339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScizzMoney View Post
In my opinion the premise is only 'old' to the internet generation (whether you're 15 or 45, if you are net savvy, your attention span is probably not what a non net user's is). My father who is almost 70 still loved Letterman and likes that format. I for one, still enjoy watching the late night shows. The only times I don't is when they have a guest that I don't care about because like others have mentioned the interviews are way too forced half the time.

If you are looking to hear good interviews you should start listening to Howard Stern. A lot of people can't stand him but you cannot deny how great of an interviewer he is. He is able to get a lot out of people because he is able to spend a good amount of time with his guests and just knows how to guide a conversation.
What? The format is too short, not too long.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net