REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   4 hospitalized after suspected Surrey street racing crash (https://www.revscene.net/forums/703591-4-hospitalized-after-suspected-surrey-street-racing-crash.html)

thumper 05-27-2015 07:05 AM

4 hospitalized after suspected Surrey street racing crash

4 hospitalized after suspected Surrey street racing crash - British Columbia - CBC News

http://i.cbc.ca/1.3089011.1432725983...cing-crash.jpg

Quote:

Surrey RCMP will pursue impaired driving charges against the female driver of a car that crashed and became wedged underneath a semi truck trailer, Tuesday night. RCMP say four young adults were taken to hospital.

The crash happened around 11:40 p.m. PT, according to Surrey RCMP. Two cars were reportedly racing westbound on 16 Avenue, when they allegedly ran a red light. One car narrowly avoided the front of a semi truck driving southbound on 176 Street, and the other appeared to veer right, slamming into the truck's trailer.

Surrey RCMP said three occupants were able to crawl out of the car's rear window, but Surrey firefighters had to use the jaws of life to get a fourth person out.

The car that avoided the front of the truck sped away, and hasn't been located, police said.

Surrey RCMP Staff Sgt. Blair McColl said alcohol was found inside the car.

A large section of 176 Street from 12 Avenue to 20 Avenue was closed for several hours, while police investigated the crash, forcing the heavy truck traffic to find detours.

The B.C. Ambulance Service released the condition of three of the patients taken to hospital, saying one had critical injuries, another had serious injuries and a third person is in stable condition.

7seven 05-27-2015 07:10 AM

Looking at the crash picture, the four occupants of that Accord are lucky they all didn't get decapitated.

thumper 05-27-2015 07:22 AM

that is an accord right? i don't know why but radio news reports keep saying the wrecked car is a prelude.

6o4__boi 05-27-2015 07:25 AM

street racing in a 4 door accord with a full load of passengers...

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...98/489/2f7.png

that's some kind of luck if they all survive.

Phil@rise 05-27-2015 07:25 AM

of course the news says its a prelude who races an accord. im surprised they didnt say it was a souped up civic lol

thumper 05-27-2015 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6o4__boi (Post 8641109)
street racing in a 4 door accord with a full load of passengers...

that's some kind of luck if they all survive.

don't forget the driver was drunk as well... :(

originalhypa 05-27-2015 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thumper (Post 8641111)
don't forget the driver was drunk as well... :(

• Drunk driver
  • Chick driver
  • Running a red light

Yet they still call it street racing.

FailFish

320icar 05-27-2015 09:41 AM

Fucking Surrey. What a shithole

inv4zn 05-27-2015 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by originalhypa (Post 8641122)
  • Drunk driver
  • Chick driver
  • Running a red light

Yet they still call it street racing.

FailFish

The article says there were two cars, one of which took off and was not found.

2 cars going at high speed on the street is literally the definition of street racing.

white rocket 05-27-2015 10:34 AM

Shitty deal. Drunk driving, street racing and crashing! That's the trifecta of bad decision making.

MarkyMark 05-27-2015 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 320icar (Post 8641147)

Yeah cause no one ever drives like a prick in any other city :rolleyes:

melloman 05-27-2015 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inv4zn (Post 8641159)

2 cars going at high speed on the street is literally the definition of street racing.

:pokerface:

Never seen someone race a fucking stock accord with 4 passengers..

MarkyMark 05-27-2015 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melloman (Post 8641178)

Never seen someone race a fucking stock accord with 4 passengers..

I have but it usually involves 4 highschool kids borrowing their parents car

vitaminG 05-27-2015 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 320icar (Post 8641147)

no kidding, if it was north of the fraser it would be some chinese kid with his N in a lambo or AMG. in surrey the highschoolers can only afford an accord... such a ghetto city

originalhypa 05-27-2015 11:58 AM

Quote:

I pulled in front of a C Lai today who was trying to jump the line. There were 2 cars, attempting to get to the same place before the other. That is the law's definition of street racing.

But is it racing?
I always thought this was racing. You know, while I was doing it.....

http://www.pinupsandkustoms.com/wp-c...-Open-2011.jpg

The pic I just posted? Yeah, that's a street race. That's what the law was put in place to curb, but the way it was written we're all street racers at some point in time.

What happened last night was the result of some stupid drunk chick speeding around with friends in the car. It's a DUI incident, first and foremost. I bet the bitch would have crashed regardless.

underscore 05-27-2015 12:08 PM

Quote:

Per the MVA definitions

Quote:

"race" means circumstances in which, taking into account the condition of the highway, traffic, visibility and weather, the driver or operator of a motor vehicle is driving or operating the motor vehicle without reasonable consideration for other persons using the highway or in a manner that may cause harm to an individual by doing any of the following:

(a) outdistancing or attempting to outdistance one or more other motor vehicles;

(b) preventing or attempting to prevent one or more other motor vehicles from passing;

(c) driving at excessive speed in order to arrive at or attempt to arrive at a given destination ahead of one or more other motor vehicles;
If they were speeding at the same time but not trying to outdistance/beat each other it's not street racing.

inv4zn 05-28-2015 10:30 AM

I think the point is being missed here - I was just commenting on the fact that someone had ignored a part of the article.

Also, the MVA definition is rather subjective - if a PO pulls over 2 vehicles for "racing", but they deny that the were attempting to outdistance each other, weren't trying to prevent the other car from passing, and were driving at excessive speed but not necessarily to arrive at the same point faster, is that still racing?

multicartual 05-28-2015 10:36 AM

You people missed the glory days of street racing... it was amazing. :)

multicartual 05-28-2015 10:37 AM

I'll never forget watching that Syclone at Hammersmith take on that red NSX, that Honda used to just scream down the road and send chills up my spine... such good memories!

Berzerker 05-28-2015 10:53 AM

Fuck yes. How about Russ's white Vette? That thing was the loudest car at the races. I remember him and Dal (before he went strictly track) having some of the best races.

Damn glory days.....

Berz out.

B13Shiro 05-28-2015 11:01 AM

Drunk street racing..... :sweetjesus:

hud 91gt 05-28-2015 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by multicartual (Post 8641586)
You people missed the glory days of street racing... it was amazing. :)

So did you. It was long before you and I were born. Hah.

thumper 05-28-2015 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by multicartual (Post 8641587)
I'll never forget watching that Syclone at Hammersmith take on that red NSX, that Honda used to just scream down the road and send chills up my spine... such good memories!

is there any truth to the story about that red nsx playing chicken with a police car at iona at night with lights turned off after everyone was trying to make a run for it after the cops showed up?

Dragon-88 05-28-2015 01:26 PM

I still street race, just with Scooters. Can't ticket something that doesn't even pass the speed limit. Plus everyone smiles and goes on with their day.

Watch a Mustang street race and people will think poorly of that person.

!Aznboi128 05-28-2015 01:44 PM

Who races an accord?? those slow cars aren't good for anything but to get you to and from work