REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-31-2015, 11:26 AM   #26
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,165 Times in 7,156 Posts
No. Fuck that fucking shit. Its a fucking stupid ass cop, pulling a dumb fuck move and not taking ANY accountability for his actions, and now trying to make it sound like the big scary super mean pitbull was such a meanie to him and deserved it. It doesn't matter what the fuck kind of dog it is, so the only reason he mentioned "pitbull type dog" was to get media bias in his favour. Any dog over 60 lbs will do damage, but many of the ignorant will side with the cop based solely on an irrational fear of pitbulls that the media hysteria has created for the uneducated. You come on my property unannounced and likely aggressive, without warning or any just cause for that matter, any dog in the yard going to show aggressive tendencies wether its my neighbours corgi or my reserve mutt that probably falls under the "pitbull type dog" category. Its called INSTINCT.
Advertisement
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-31-2015, 11:32 AM   #27
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
No. Fuck that fucking shit. Its a fucking stupid ass cop, pulling a dumb fuck move and not taking ANY accountability for his actions, and now trying to make it sound like the big scary super mean pitbull was such a meanie to him and deserved it. It doesn't matter what the fuck kind of dog it is, so the only reason he mentioned "pitbull type dog" was to get media bias in his favour. Any dog over 60 lbs will do damage, but many of the ignorant will side with the cop based solely on an irrational fear of pitbulls that the media hysteria has created for the uneducated. You come on my property unannounced and likely aggressive, without warning or any just cause for that matter, any dog in the yard going to show aggressive tendencies wether its my neighbours corgi or my reserve mutt that probably falls under the "pitbull type dog" category. Its called INSTINCT.
The black bag was beside the door good chance the suspect was inside. If your wife calls the cops saying some has broken into the house. If they get there and your dog is acting aggressive what should they do?
Old 05-31-2015, 11:42 AM   #28

This house had nothing to do with anything to do with the crime you illiterate fuck. If my wife called the cops the dog wouldn't be left in the yard. Your comparison has absolutely no relevance to the situation as usual.
These people did not call the cops, they were not involved in the robbery whatsoever. They were neither the victim, nor the perpetrator. Had the RCMP properly assessed the situation, they never would have entered the yard.
Do you think police have the right to just enter yards and shoot dogs based on an assumption?
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-31-2015, 11:47 AM   #29

For that matter, if the cops had a right to be on the property due to the crime it would be a different story, but as usual manic, you probably don't understand.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-31-2015, 11:55 AM   #30
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 5,613 Times in 1,255 Posts
Thats utter bullshit...

Drawing a fire arm should be the LAST alternative to defending yourself against a dog in a RESIDENTIAL area. You have pepper spray, you have a taser, you have a partner, you have advanced self defence training, you have a vehicle you can run to and hide... USE IT.

Its not like the dog had a shot gun drawn against you, you blithering retard.
donjalapeno is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2015, 11:57 AM   #31
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
The black bag was beside the door good chance the suspect was inside. If your wife calls the cops saying some has broken into the house. If they get there and your dog is acting aggressive what should they do?
Reading comprehension. They weren't going to the location that the b&e happened at. Nobody from the house where the dog was at called the cop's. They had zero reason to be at that address, but because they saw a black duffel bag outside that "matched the description" they went in.

They had zero real reason to be there, and now they allegedly aren't paying the vet bill that is entirely their fault.
MitchK is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2015, 12:02 PM   #32
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchK View Post
Reading comprehension. They weren't going to the location that the b&e happened at. Nobody from the house where the dog was at called the cop's. They had zero reason to be at that address, but because they saw a black duffel bag outside that "matched the description" they went in.

They had zero real reason to be there, and now they allegedly aren't paying the vet bill that is entirely their fault.
They where chasing a suspect and thought the black bag saw the same bag the suspect was carrying.
Old 05-31-2015, 12:46 PM   #33
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
They where chasing a suspect and thought the black bag saw the same bag the suspect was carrying.
It never says anywhere that they were chasing. The b&e was in the area, and there was a black bag at this house. Hardly enough to go into someone's private property.
MitchK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 01:03 PM   #34
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
For that matter, if the cops had a right to be on the property due to the crime it would be a different story, but as usual manic, you probably don't understand.

People seem to be unable to understand other viewpoints or have empathy these days. I call people retards because they lack the personal growth to acknowledge that they -might be wrong-.
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 01:06 PM   #35
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
back in my high school/hockey days we would leave our bags at the door, especially if my friends were over...and if we had played hockey we would leave the bags and equipment by the door since they're stinky/dirty

surprised these 2 hotheads aren't breaking into all sorts of peoples homes guns a blazing
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 02:37 PM   #36
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,149 Times in 388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by donjalapeno View Post
Thats utter bullshit... you have a partner, .... USE IT.

What are you going to do? Throw your partner at the dog? Better he gets bit then you right?

When that story gets back to the detachment, you're never gonna get anyone backing you up again.
Mikoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 02:47 PM   #37
Survivor MOD

Thanked 1,623 Times in 577 Posts
Quote:
Thats utter bullshit...

Drawing a fire arm should be the LAST alternative to defending yourself against a dog in a RESIDENTIAL area. You have pepper spray, you have a taser, you have a partner, you have advanced self defence training, you have a vehicle you can run to and hide... USE IT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4RAWR View Post
no real comment on the story but to clarify a few things;

-not all officers are issued tazers, in fact very few have them
-OC spray has a limited distance and often times does not effectively stop targets
-they most DEFINITELY do not have "tranq" darts
-they probably did not enter the property with guns drawn
T4RAWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 03:25 PM   #38
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

The dog looks all of 20, maybe even 30lbs to me... Much scary. Any regular person could kick that dog 20 ft

Seriously, seeing a black duffel bag does not warrant them to hot-headedly run onto the property. The dog would obviously be startled and act on instinct.

Now imagine if the daughter was outside playing with the dog at that time? Jesus christ...
m0shh- is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2015, 04:00 PM   #39
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Quote:
pepper spray has different effects on animals, especially with their heightened senses, unless they're trained to resist pepper spray like police K-9s http://policelink.monster.com/traini...-the-police-k9 slow introduction to pepper spray, gradual increase at % concentration police K9s will be discomforted but still operate...otherwise it fucks em up

they were originally used by postmen to use because of dog attacks, and it takes hours for a dog to get over the spray
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 04:21 PM   #40
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
It's a fucking dog... Not a knife wielding crack head.
Old 05-31-2015, 06:21 PM   #41
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Two retards that will now probably be re-assigned to traffic enforcement. Hurray!
JaPoola is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2015, 06:23 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaPoola View Post
Two retards that will now probably be re-assigned to traffic enforcement. Hurray!
Traffic is pretty chill. Starbucks all week then setup a speed trap to meet quota.
jaguar604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2015, 06:36 PM   #43
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 5,613 Times in 1,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikoyan View Post
What are you going to do? Throw your partner at the dog? Better he gets bit then you right?

When that story gets back to the detachment, you're never gonna get anyone backing you up again.
Thats the most retarded response ... You have someone to back you up, whether its to distract the dog or help you hold it back/fight it. IF it comes to that. Two minds are better than one but in this case it seems like both the cops were retarded.

Quote:
Yeah your right...I guess the best option is to take your gun out AND START FUCKING SHOOTING AT A FAMILY HOME THAT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CASE THEY WERE WORKING ON. I cant believe the mindset of some people.

It has nothing to do with the equipment the cops carry, its the fact that they decided to go on private property unannounced and then proceed to shoot a family dog in the face with innocent citizens 20 feet away all because the person they were looking for had a black duffle bag. They made two horrible decisions... end of story. Now they must pay the consequences.

Last edited by donjalapeno; 05-31-2015 at 06:49 PM.
donjalapeno is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2015, 06:56 PM   #44
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

The worst part was the dog was probably just trying to defend the daughter like a loyal dog
BrownBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 07:46 PM   #45
I don't get it

im glad the pup was not killed
evlee is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2015, 07:52 PM   #46
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Quote:
Thats utter bullshit...

This topic made me realize something, what happened to police sticks (baton or collapsible batons)? seems nowadays a lot of police shootings could have been avoided if they used a baton. Yet, don't remember the last time I saw a police officer carrying one of those. ?
tinico is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2015, 08:37 PM   #47
I don't get it

Its obvious many cops don't have the training/experience to execute these task. Most of them are scared as hell and resort to guns to solve problems. Adrenaline takes over and mistakes are made.
dvst8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2015, 09:14 PM   #48

The officer made a bad judgement call and had no accountability.

However it is easy to make mistakes in situations like that with lack of training. Training on situational protocols needs to be drilled so time sensitive judgement calls are made properly.
Anjew is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2015, 10:51 PM   #49
【=◈︿◈=】

Thanked 2,099 Times in 558 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
LOL at you trying to make it sound like they're trying to swap public opinion.

Do you think the cop had enough time to get a blood sample from the dog, send it to the lab, then get a report back on what breed it is - all before shooting the dog? It looked like a pit-bull. It may have merely been an educated guess.
no, i don't think that, nor that i insinuate that i thought that. they apparently had enough time to deduce that the dogs were "pitbull-like" while they were running from said seemingly rabid dogs. public opinion is that pitbulls are bad, police are good, so they play the black sheep card. why not take accountability for your actions instead of trying to bring the breed of the dog into question?

not to mention the guy has kids. dog seems okay enough to be around them on a daily basis, no? a dog is going to defend it's territory against intruders, full stop. the fact that the cops burst into some guys backyard mistakenly, unannounced and unjustifiably places fault on them

so yeah, they're trying to sway public opinion by blaming the breed of the dog
- kT is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2015, 11:10 PM   #50

Thanked 1,149 Times in 388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinico View Post
This topic made me realize something, what happened to police sticks (baton or collapsible batons)? seems nowadays a lot of police shootings could have been avoided if they used a baton. Yet, don't remember the last time I saw a police officer carrying one of those. ?
Every single uniformed cop I've seen working on the street recently has been carrying a collapsible baton.

Quote:
Thats the most retarded response ... You have someone to back you up, whether its to distract the dog or help you hold it back/fight it. IF it comes to that. Two minds are better than one but in this case it seems like both the cops were retarded.

....They made two horrible decisions... end of story. Now they must pay the consequences.
Get past an agitated animals teeth and "hold it back?" That's just as stupid as pushing your partner at the animal.

I'm assuming the animal was facing the two cops. We're all assuming details actually, because we weren't there. We also have all the time in the world to armchair quarterback this. Was there another option that would have worked better? Maybe. What if that option failed? How long did he have to come up with an option? Seconds? Lots of questions that we have time to ask.

This is from the US, but it does show how quickly things can change, and how long you have to respond.

Police put reporters through use of force training to show public what officers face | fox13now.com

The real truth of the matter lies somewhere between the extremes of the cops and the owner's stories.

I totally agree with you, that they have to live with the consequences of it.

Also, calling the vets and saying the RCMP wasn't picking up the tab? By that point, not his call to make. That one's going to supervisors and the bosses.
Mikoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: