REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 05-31-2015, 02:08 PM   #1
HELP ME PLS!!!

Chinese Sim Cards

Where's a good online site to buy them?
Advertisement
willystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 03:04 AM   #2
RS.net Licensed Sponsor Dealer

buy when you arrive. if you want to make international calls then you need to register it with local chinese id (that's what they told me).
Autorice is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-01-2015, 07:25 AM   #3
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

If you can pick, or if you're going through HK, find one that's called "Cross Border King" from China Unicom.

Has HK/China Number
shared data bucket between HK and China (4g in China)
has FB/Instagram/etc access. I believe it's the only one.

whatever you do, don't buy China Mobile because North American phones don't work too well with them.
jackmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-01-2015, 04:51 PM   #4
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Also don't buy from the airport. They will rape your ass off. Just be warn the data in China is pretty slow compare to here. If you want to use what's app you still can just make sure you have it on your phone first.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-01-2015, 06:02 PM   #5
RS.net Licensed Sponsor Dealer

be sure to download 'skeleton key' app. 3rd most downloaded app in china and for good reason!
Autorice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 12:22 AM   #6
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
i live in china guangzhou

there is 3 companies here, all different networks

china mobile-gsm, they are most widely use as its gsm network & works with your unlock phone

china unicom-wcdma, not too sure about them, i heard they have decent serivces

china telecom-cdma, suppose to have the best network out of the 3, but they use huawei network box & they have most of these in guangzhou(not sure what those are actually call)

they also have give the most data out with the cheap prices (but its on cdma network)

canadian 4G phones wont work in china & china has like 1st gen 4G (they got 4G last year)

another thing is, in china some areas get better service & then reason for that is cuz that area signed a contracted with ONE of the mobile companies

i know some areas in guangzhou cant even make phone calls in there building as they have no service at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-02-2015, 01:33 AM   #7
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,399 Times in 396 Posts
Better yet, where exactly are you going first?
v_tec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 11:15 AM   #8
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

not to steal the thread, but I'm going to shanghai in july, i'll be there for a week, i pretty much only need data, atleast 4g would be nice. Anyone know what options i have? and prices? thanks!
MASTER_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 01:08 AM   #9
HELP ME PLS!!!

Looking at this for my mom and pop's, they will be travelling all over China. The only destination I know of is Sichuan. They will be spending some time in Guangdong as well. They don't need data, just airtime.

Mom's got a OnePlus One, Dad's got a Samsung Galaxy S2X. Which network is best for coverage?

I'm not sure if they're going to HK.
willystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 11:51 AM   #10
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae101 View Post
i live in china guangzhou

there is 3 companies here, all different networks

china mobile-gsm, they are most widely use as its gsm network & works with your unlock phone

china unicom-wcdma, not too sure about them, i heard they have decent serivces

china telecom-cdma, suppose to have the best network out of the 3, but they use huawei network box & they have most of these in guangzhou(not sure what those are actually call)

they also have give the most data out with the cheap prices (but its on cdma network)

canadian 4G phones wont work in china & china has like 1st gen 4G (they got 4G last year)

another thing is, in china some areas get better service & then reason for that is cuz that area signed a contracted with ONE of the mobile companies

i know some areas in guangzhou cant even make phone calls in there building as they have no service at all
So the safest bet is to get china mobile then?
Old 06-04-2015, 09:34 PM   #11
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,752 Times in 1,182 Posts
China Mobile is the largest, hence the best coverage. But their 4G (or 3G for that matter) runs on TDD system. Check to see if the phone you'd be using is compatible with TDD networks.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:59 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
China Mobile is the largest, hence the best coverage. But their 4G (or 3G for that matter) runs on TDD system. Check to see if the phone you'd be using is compatible with TDD networks.
I am have an iphoen 5s on fido. So I guess I will only get 2g in China again