REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   The Official 2015/2016 Canucks & NHL Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/703908-official-2015-2016-canucks-nhl-thread.html)

korroke 06-25-2015 08:29 PM

I think it would be something like:

bieksa + kassian + (maybe a pick or prospect) for lucic

trancehead 06-25-2015 08:44 PM

would not give Edler for Lucic.

Plus Lucic is a UFA after next season

Anyways, Lucic is a complementary player, not a core one. We have Kassian who can fill his role essentially. And Edler is a key piece to mobilizing our backend.

Gumby 06-25-2015 09:03 PM

Seriously guys, as long as Miller is here, how can he share a locker room with Lucic? He called him a gutless piece of shit!

I will shocked as hell if we start the season with both of them.

dbaz 06-25-2015 09:08 PM

dont want lucic, guys a goof. ill be nice and say trouble follows him around although im pretty sure its the other way around

Bouncing Bettys 06-25-2015 09:10 PM

Players can put their differences aside when they are forced to play together. Peca and Tucker had some bad blood prior to being teammates but they got over it.

jeedee 06-25-2015 09:12 PM

why give up assets for 1 year left of Lucic when you can get him for free on free agency next season :smug:

Bouncing Bettys 06-25-2015 09:19 PM

Part of me wanted to see Avery join the Leafs back when they had Phaneuf and Komisarek as they all had been with Elisha Cuthbert. After the whole sloppy seconds talk I'd imagined one awkward dressing room.

UFO 06-25-2015 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pastarocket (Post 8652363)
LOL. Benning would have to be on crack for Lucic to become a Canuck. Lucic for Edler?? That's crazy!

That would be the ultimate way to troll your no. 1 goalie. :lawl:

No, the ultimate way would be to acquire a Stanley Cup winning goalie who 'refuses to pump tires' to back up your starting goalie

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 8652390)
Lucic for Edler leaves a massive hole in the D. If Bieksa goes too, that means we've got a Hamhuis/Tanev top pairing and STILL NO FUCKING PUCK MOVING DEFENSEMAN. I don't see how moving Edler make sense if the deal just brings back more salary.

I don't see that trade happening. If it does, JB will have to bring in a serious #1 defenseman, a puck mover that plays with Tanev.

No idea how legit these rumours are. Did you just peg Edler into the 'puck moving d-man' role though? We all used to bitch about Edler's inability to do anything, almost to Sbisa levels, how he'll never be a true stud #1 d-man; we were all ready to punt his ass out of town a season and a half ago. He's signed on for a few years, at a salary that would be a good value ONLY if he were more consistent all around. But you and I know in any given year Edler can be the dependable-ish d-man like he was last year, or the -40 beast that Tortorella unleased the year before--there are no guarantees with this guy. Lucic at a slightly more expensive cap hit is only for 1 year, call it an experiment. If he does decently well, maybe he re-signs for a mid-term contract. If he flops, then he walks and his cap hit gets freed up to do whatever else we may want at that time, and we are end up getting out of Edler's cap hit and perceived #1 d-man salary early.

Plus there's also the idea the Canucks would chase Franson come Jul.1; he won't be cheap esp with the poor UFA pool this summer, and he'll want long term as well. I could also see the Canucks moving Vrbata, selling high on him, if we needed cap space.

punkwax 06-25-2015 09:46 PM

Nah, I've completely written off the Torts season. He killed all the Swedes :lol

cow20xx 06-25-2015 10:11 PM

Heard san jose interested in juice, send miller down there as well? /notsrs

Obsideon 06-25-2015 10:16 PM

Off topic but I saw it before on last years thread, how do you directly embed an entire tweet in my post?

CRS 06-25-2015 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obsideon (Post 8652543)
Off topic but I saw it before on last years thread, how do you directly embed an entire tweet in my post?

Just copy the URL completely.

PiuYi 06-25-2015 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spoon (Post 8652470)
Not sure about that. Twins were pretty average even when they were playing with Bertuzzi near his prime. They just need someone with Hockey IQ.

Jason King had high hockey IQ? :badpokerface: they just need a guy on skates holding a stick.

JB said he wants 'character guys' though... Lucic doesn't exactly fit that category...

which makes me think, mcmillan and vey must be fucking saints

xeryusx 06-26-2015 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gumby (Post 8652509)
Seriously guys, as long as Miller is here, how can he share a locker room with Lucic? He called him a gutless piece of shit!

I will shocked as hell if we start the season with both of them.

Kesler vs Perry/Getzlaf was pretty heated with scraps as well and look at em now..still no cup for Kes :lawl:

I really thought they would at least make the finals.

dbaz 06-26-2015 03:52 AM

mckenzie morning update

5 teams very interested in Bieksa. Believed at the moment he is only interested in waiving to 2 of those 5

rumor is for picks or part of a larger deal possibly for the 9th overall

3 teams trying for 3rd overall pick which atm is looking like its going to be traded. cbj, bos and wpj

bos trying to deal lucic, and looking at dealing hamilton too (edm possibly rumored). contract talks not going well with hamilton, and due to cap and offer-sheet will fuck them over.

soderberg 5yrs with col.

sekin67835 06-26-2015 04:58 AM

As much as I love Bieska, this is the best move for the team. Hope he goes to a place he enjoys. I remember when he said he would go sinking with the canucks if they had to :'(

Tim Budong 06-26-2015 05:01 AM

Boston would be stupid to trade Hamilton but business is business.

pure.life 06-26-2015 06:18 AM

Lehner + Legwand to Buff for 21st pick. What a steal for OTT. Wouldn't be too farfetched if we deal Bieksa + Lack for a first rounder

Tim Budong 06-26-2015 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pure.life (Post 8652613)
Lehner + Legwand to Buff for 21st pick. What a steal for OTT. Wouldn't be too farfetched if we deal Bieksa + Lack for a first rounder

lack+salary for that 21 would be great for the canucks

cdizzle_996 06-26-2015 06:37 AM

Boomboom :QQ:

cdizzle_996 06-26-2015 06:38 AM

People are saying Bieksa and Lack for 9th?!

Tim Budong 06-26-2015 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdizzle_996 (Post 8652617)
People are saying Bieksa and Lack for 9th?!

can't be legit
where is Ben Kuzma pullin this info from...

6o4__boi 06-26-2015 06:57 AM

bieksa and lack still speculation

goddamm...Buffalo got fuckin fleeced.
Up bright and early and in for this shit today!

Tim Budong 06-26-2015 07:15 AM

:(

murd0c 06-26-2015 07:21 AM