REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-27-2015, 07:04 AM   #501
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
What makes it worse is Eddie is such a likeable guy.. It sucks but I'm happy for him and I so hope he kills it for the Canes and we regret trading him... He's one of those players you want to succeed bad
Advertisement
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2015, 07:06 AM   #502
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Live Stream of NHL Draft ? Rounds Two through Seven | My NHL Trade Rumors.com
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 07:09 AM   #503
In RS I Trust

Another kick in the nuts....

This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2015, 07:10 AM   #504
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,433 Times in 5,107 Posts
Man I feel bad for Markstrom this coming season... If he even looks like he's faltering at any given moment the backlash is going to make what Sbisa went through this season look like a walk in the park.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2015, 07:14 AM   #505
In RS I Trust

Old 06-27-2015, 07:19 AM   #506

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
Ranked #63 by THN.

"The Titan blueliner boasts size, skating, and puck skills."

Guillaume Brisebois ? The Next Ones: Draft Prospect Profile

Quote:
The Acadie-Bathurst Titan were abysmal this year. They ended dead last in the QMJHL standings and only won a mere 17 games. Be that as it may, a young defenseman by the name of Guillaume Brisebois has been one of the team’s few bright spots who grew leaps and bounds since last season.

A standard two-way defenseman, Brisebois was urged by his coaches to carry the puck up the ice more often this season and join the rush. He has a fluid skating strides and strong legs that allow him to break out of the defensive zone with ease. Down the ice, he possesses excellent vision and pinpoint breakout passes to his teammates. Brisebois has a great slapshot and wristshot. The only issue is he seems timid to use it, which will have to be an aspect of his game he needs to work on further.

Just looking at stats can be deceiving. This season Brisebois was a minus -40, but that’s a testament to how poorly the Titan were this year than it was about how bad Brisebois played in his own end. He’s responsible in the defensive zone and challenges opposing forwards as they enter the blueline. An effective pokechecker, the Quebec-native disrupts plays and cuts down passing lanes. He could stand to add some extra muscle and use his size to knock players off the puck, but Brisebois still has time. At this stage, he’s very raw in his hockey development and will likely stay in the QMJHL a full four years before developing further in the AHL. However, for my money, he’s still worth the gamble.

Where Will He End Up In June:

I think Brisebois ends up getting taken in the 3rd or 4th round.

Scout’s Honor:

“Above average skater who is quite agile and moves with a fair amount of ease around the ice. His good skating ability allows him to close down on attacking forwards quickly….Does not possess a big shot by any means, but will often make smart plays to get the puck on net. He will never be a guy that scores a significant amount of goals…Looks very comfortable on the puck and does a good job distributing the puck out of the defensive zone. He really excels at making the smart and safe play with the puck…Has good vision and often starts the breakout for his team. Very smart player in the defensive zone, closing down on forwards and uses the poke check well to knock players off the puck…Brisebois is not particularly physical and could stand to put on some extra pounds to potentially improve that area of his game.”

David McKnight – Hockey Prospectus

“Captain’s a weak Titan team and is good at both ends. Very thin, but still willing and able to use his frame to knock puck carriers. Maintains good gaps and plays solid despite the lack of depth around him. At this juncture is more a defense-first place but he may still round out his offensive game. “
Quote:
Scouting Report – Guillaume Brisebois

Bio

Team: Acadie-Bathurst Titan Draft Status: Eligible 2015
Position: Defenceman
To date stats: 48 GP – 3 G – 18 A – 21 PTS
Shoots: L
Height/Weight: 6’2”/ 173 lbs

Date(s) seen: January 25 vs Moncton, QMJHL regular season

Characteristics

Skating (Speed/edges/technique/etc)

Above average skater who is quite agile and moves with a fair amount of ease around the ice. His good skating ability allows him to close down on attacking forwards quickly.

Shooting (Slap/wrist/backhand, General strength, proclivities, etc)

Does not possess a big shot by any means, but will often make smart plays to get the puck on net. He will never be a guy that scores a significant amount of goals.

Puck Skills

Looks very comfortable on the puck and does a good job distributing the puck out of the defensive zone. He really excels at making the smart and safe play with the puck.

Smarts (vision, defensive play, ability to stick in system, etc.)

Has good vision and often starts the breakout for his team. Very smart player in the defensive zone, closing down on forwards and uses the poke check well to knock players off the puck.

Physicality

Brisebois is not particularly physical and could stand to put on some extra pounds to potentially improve that area of his game.

General Assessment

Brisebois is someone who maybe doesn’t get the attention that he deserves. A lot of that comes from playing on a Bathurst team that has occupied the QMJHL basement for the majority of this season. He has been one of the bright spots on a team that has struggled.

It speaks volumes that he is the captain as a 17-year-old, already showing strong leadership skills in a difficult situation. He really excels when he plays within his abilities and makes the safe play in all three zones. He can be prone to trying to do too much at times.

Brisebois is a Tier IV draft prospect – He has a good chance of being selected in the second round and would be a good value pick in the third. His defensive prowess and strong puck skills could have him as high as second pairing defenceman at the NHL level.
Old 06-27-2015, 07:19 AM   #507
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
48 by Bob Mackenzie
48. Guillaume Brisebois - Defence (L) - Article - TSN

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 07:20 AM   #508
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
Quote:
Very fluid skating marks his game. His quickness and mobility allow him to defend very well and to beat the pressures that opponents are trying to apply. Smart, reads the play well and makes very solid plays with the puck. He’s not going to overwhelm you with great skill or physical play but he has excellent consistency, reliability and efficiency.
So Tanev?

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 07:21 AM   #509
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Called it. Only a 3rd round pick for Lack. Should've just held on to him and ride that storm
Old 06-27-2015, 07:31 AM   #510

McNally to Sharks for 210th
Old 06-27-2015, 07:32 AM   #511

mcnally to sharks for a 7th.. think hes gonna be a late bloomer and a good 3rd or 4thdman
Old 06-27-2015, 08:13 AM   #512

DMITRY ZHUKENOV 114th overall

Not much info on him
Old 06-27-2015, 08:22 AM   #513

ppg or over at hlinka u-18, u-17, wjc.
3 goals 16 assists in 36 games in avangard(apparently their junior team). 2 pts in 4 playoff games.
2nd lowest scoring player on his team, but played 2nd least amount of games by forwards.

Last edited by dbaz; 06-27-2015 at 08:36 AM.
dbaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 08:31 AM   #514
nah
My homepage has been set to RS

Our 2nd rounder went to Flames for Baertschi and put 3rd was part of the Kesler deal.
nah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 08:38 AM   #515

5 23 144 VAN CARL NEILL D CAN 6' 1" 213 QMJHL SHERBROOKE

Went undrafted last year.

Quote:
Neill is a good two-way blueliner who looks to push the puck ahead to his forwards off quick transitions. While he has the size and strength to play a physical game he does not engage consistently. Makes some bad decisions at times. Skating is another area that needs refinement. (November 2013)
Old 06-27-2015, 08:45 AM   #516

5 28 149 VAN ADAM GAUDETTE C USA 6' 0" 170 USHL CEDAR RAPIDS

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/coll...ar-rapids-ushl
Old 06-27-2015, 08:51 AM   #517
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,121 Times in 531 Posts
Benning staying away from WHL or OHL?? Seems like all USHL and QMJHL...
highfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 08:53 AM   #518
GO FLAMES GO

Thanked 2,210 Times in 701 Posts
What a good morning. Had a great sleep knowing we had dougie. Wake up to lack going for a bag of pucks(which he was worth much more) and flames get kylington at 60th(who woulda thunk). Woot woot!!!!
2001 Acura Integra Type-R *SOLD*
Club-Integra.net OG
Your Friendly Neighborhood Firefighter
Tegra_Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-27-2015, 09:07 AM   #519

6 23 174 VAN LUKAS JASEK RW CZE 5' 11" 165 CZREP TRINEC

http://www.inlouwetrust.com/2015/6/1...ospect-profile
Old 06-27-2015, 09:08 AM   #520
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,341 Times in 557 Posts
is there something about robin lehner i don't know?? how did he get a second rounder and lack gets a third.... we could've thrown in a 30+ yr old d-man too

JB's scouting ability better make that third rounder equal to a second or first bye lack.
PiuYi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 09:11 AM   #521
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,325 Times in 5,641 Posts
Lol @ lack return, Jesus
Old 06-27-2015, 09:13 AM   #522

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiuYi View Post
is there something about robin lehner i don't know?? how did he get a second rounder and lack gets a third.... we could've thrown in a 30+ yr old d-man too

JB's scouting ability better make that third rounder equal to a second or first bye lack.
Lehner got a 1st rounder.

Tim Murray was with Ottawa when they drafted him; Lehner is 4 years younger than Lack.

Personally, I think the price on Lehner was on the high side.
Old 06-27-2015, 09:15 AM   #523
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,844 Times in 880 Posts
LOL Canucks even sucks at Draft. Find more ways to fuck up please
EmperorIS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2015, 09:40 AM   #524

7 29 210 VAN TATE OLSON D CAN 6' 2" 174 WHL PRINCE GEORGE

Quote:
Scouting Report: Tate Olson

Bio

Team: Prince George Cougars Draft Status: Eligible 2015

Position: Defense

To Date Stats: 61 GP / 5 G / 17 A / 22 PTS / 63 PIM / -13 (+/-)

Shoots: Left

Height/Weight: 6’2” / 180 lbs.

Date(s) Seen: February 11, 2015 vs Calgary Hitmen, WHL Regular season

Characteristics

Skating (Speed/edges/techniques, etc.)

Olson is a solid, leggy defensemen with a long stride and decent mobility moving forwards. Not speedy, but contends on one-on-one foot races and uses stride to gain positional advantage. Backwards skating and lateral movement isn’t elite, but manageable. Olson doesn’t look out of place and can be difficult to beat due to long reach. He looked a half-step behind top-line opponents at times.

Shooting (Slap/wrist/backhand, General strength, proclivities, etc.)

Doesn’t possess a big point-shot, but he regularly gets it through traffic and usually finds the net. He keeps his head up when he shoots and shows confidence in his release. Has supreme control over his one-timers which are low and sent towards corners. Has powerful and accurate wrist shots but seems to prefer taking slap shots.

Puck Skills

Olson is an adequate puck handler – he retrieves pucks well and relies on instincts when under pressure. With more time and space, he makes firm outlet passes and shows calmness on the regroup. Plays on the power play and shows coolness and creativity moving the puck up the ice given time.

Smarts (vision, defensive play, ability to stick in system, etc.)

Olson sees the game well at both ends and plays a smart, safe game. Defensively, he can be caught fixated on the puck rather than his defensive assignment, particularly in front of the net. He makes smart pinches on the blue line and fully commits when the opportunity is right.

Physicality

Plays an exciting physical game. He likes to make the big, open-ice hit and has a commanding presence on the blue line where he plays aggressively and challenges opponent. Fortunately, he does not go searching for hits and will play more reserved when it isn’t available. Has great size and strength and will play aggressively along the boards and in the cycle. When he’s on, he’s a frustrating defenceman to line up against.

General Assessment

Olson is a prototypical big, strong defenceman with workable tools at both ends. His size, positional instincts and ability to distribute the puck are intriguing attributes, but I have concerns with his ability to process the game at a faster pace. He certainly has the tools to make an impact at the NHL level in 4-5 years, but will definitely need to be conditioned to pro speeds before becoming a mainstay. Given his natural abilities and size, I project him to be fifth-round pick, making him a Tier V prospect.
Old 06-27-2015, 09:47 AM   #525

T..Tate

Also canucks now negotiating long term deal with markstrom