REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-01-2016, 08:51 PM   #7751
My homepage has been set to RS

Just terrible! Couldn't expect this shit team to lose 20 straight anyways!
Advertisement
Nabatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 08:56 PM   #7752
x_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
Knowing this team, we'll win the rest of the games, three teams behind us will win the lottery, and we'll pick 11th ...
My thoughts exactly. They will find a way to fuck things up
jdmhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 09:18 PM   #7753
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,341 Times in 557 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
Would anyone be shocked if Keith gets the rest of the regular season off, no playoff games, and heads into the playoffs with some R & R courtesy of the NHL Department of Player Safety?
Essentially what happened + 1 playoff game
PiuYi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 11:12 PM   #7754
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Duncan Keith received a 6 game suspension for his high-sticking.

https://www.nhl.com/news/blackhawks-...ng/c-280067896
Posted via RS Mobile
E.D.C.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-02-2016, 01:28 PM   #7755
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,595 Times in 540 Posts
Our inability to get to the bottom really puts into perspective how bad Edmonton is. We can't even drop that low on purpose. They're that low and they're actually trying (for the first half of the season at least)

I can't imagine being an Edmonton fan for the last 5 years...
snowball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 01:36 PM   #7756
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,218 Times in 1,611 Posts
you mean the last 10 lol
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 04:14 PM   #7757
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,497 Times in 4,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorade View Post
I can't imagine being an Edmonton fan for the last 5 years...
Doesn't matter. In the end, Edmonton fans can say their team has won the Stanley Cup - and more than once, like 5 times.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 06:13 PM   #7758
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Friedman: Pavel Datsyuk may return to Russia next season - Winging It In Motown
Quote:
"We've all understood that at some point, Pavel Datsyuk would go back to Russia and play. There is a legitimate chance according to sources that might happen after this season. If it does occur, it would be for family reasons. Datsyuk isn't commenting and neither is the club. It is expected that everyone will sit down during the offseason for a final decision. The key thing to remember is that if he does go, his cap hit of $7.5 million stays on the Wings roster since he signed after 35."
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 08:05 PM   #7759
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,098 Times in 4,998 Posts
Fuck Coilers have a solid tank game... Turning away from contact and coasting behind checks.......... Or maybe that's just how they play all the time lol
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 08:13 PM   #7760
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,760 Times in 902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Fuck Coilers have a solid tank game... Turning away from contact and coasting behind checks.......... Or maybe that's just how they play all the time lol
Yea unfortunautely, that's how they've been playing for the past 5, 6, 7 or whatever years

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 11:22 PM   #7761
My homepage has been set to RS

So the last two games against oilers could determine if they pass the Canucks in the standings! That's if Canucks lose the other two games as well!

Canucks are riding a two game win streak and haven't won 3 games in a row....watch they win the last four games in a row! Just to show us we can't have nice things....
Nabatron is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-02-2016, 11:56 PM   #7762
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
I hate the fucking Oilers.
such good tankers...but with the crippling inability to make any improvements.

Anyway, fuck em.
The one franchise I want to see the league come down hard on for being so fucking incompetent.

If/when they get Matthews, there better be some outrage around the league
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 08:52 AM   #7763
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,574 Times in 4,294 Posts
We hate the Oilers cause of the tank game but year after year even tho they are the best at sucking every single is still sold out.. You look at the Canucks people stop going right away and it's fucken pathetic and to be honest we have some of the worst fans in the league since they are so fickle and only go to games when they are doing good.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-03-2016, 09:02 AM   #7764
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,221 Times in 1,214 Posts
I guess but why support a team that blows? I understand the "true fan" logic but I'm not gonna spend my time and money supporting a team that sucks. You know what you get when a team sucks and still makes cash? The Oilers.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-03-2016, 09:14 AM   #7765
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,574 Times in 4,294 Posts
Or the flames, leafs, Habs, jets, Ottawa...every single Canadian team other then the Canucks and it's beyond pathetic in my eyes. I can understand not wanting to support a team because of not being nice happy with management but a fan should be a fan win or lose and the above mentally is what I'm talking about.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-03-2016, 09:35 AM   #7766
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,238 Times in 5,599 Posts
So in that light the leafs are by far the best team in Canada fan wise.
Old 04-03-2016, 10:22 AM   #7767
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

eh.. history is on the other Canadian teams' side though. They have had success in the past.. and their fans have something to be excited for i.e. Oilers have McDavid and plenty of other first overalls (idc what you say, he's fun to watch).. what do the Canucks have? an aging core and Vey? Come on.. tell me you'll pay $50+ a ticket, ridiculous amounts for booze and food, spend a night downtown to watch slow, rec league hockey?

I'm still a fan - one who is marginally invested emotionally and cares about what the team does but is slowly starting to give less fucks because of some idiotic decisions by management (cue armchair GM but w/e) and a team that has lost their spirit. Sure, it would be nice to see the young guns play with some effort - but I'll be more inclined to support financially when the rest of the team is on board too. Nonetheless there's no way I'm going to spend money on a team that hasn't shown any appreciation for their fans, and I think many others in this city share my mentality.

To be realistic, the only way for active change is when the Owners start feeling it in their pocketbooks.
chouchou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 10:46 AM   #7768
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,238 Times in 5,599 Posts
Vancouver doesn't have the corporate structure like TO, a ton of the season tickets in Van are corporate. When taking your clients to games is no longer a draw, you cancel your tickets. It isn't a social thing like in TO where you retreat to your private lounge and smooze with other big wigs. You're usually taking 1-2 clients out for the night. And with a product like this, people just don't want to go.

My dads company dropped their 4 tickets last season, and this season 3 other ticket holders I know with pairs in the lower bowl all did not renew their tickets.

I don't mind the people who don't renew the 10-13k season ticket pairs, that's a huge investment. The people who are really the ones to blame are all the clowns who have repeated endlessly that games are too expensive to go to over the last 5-10 years, and now are not going or taking their kids etc when pairs are dirt cheap.

It's like the housing market, bitch bitch bitch about it, but then when it becomes affordable, you're not in a position or not willing to get into the market anyways.

The bandwagon cheapo fan who has disolved as the team has gotten worse is a far bigger hit to the market than a company not renewing $12,000 season tickets imo
Old 04-03-2016, 11:08 AM   #7769

I don't follow this thread as regularly as I use to, but has everyone seen the nhl emails the globe and mail posted. Makes the nhl look so bush league.
Old 04-03-2016, 11:52 AM   #7770
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Sticking with my team through thick and thin will make ultimate victory that much sweeter. I will be able to say "I was there when the 18-wheeler went off the cliff year after year." Screw all those fans who could have been there all along, conveniently showing up when they are back to winning and then call themselves fans.
Old 04-03-2016, 11:57 AM   #7771
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Fair enough, Bouncing Bettys - but what's your definition of a fan being there all along? Continually supporting financially and going to games, or simply hoping for the best and being emotionally invested 'through thick and thin?'

To be blunt, few people have motivation to purchase tickets - especially for an event that doesn't bring them as much joy as it did when Rogers Arena use to be an electrifying atmosphere. Disposable income goes to things we enjoy, but there's so little to be excited for these days with the Canucks. That doesn't mean we don't wish for positive change and steps taken in the right direction... we just do so quietly from our couches with the game playing in the background. lol

Last edited by chouchou; 04-03-2016 at 12:08 PM.
chouchou is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-03-2016, 01:21 PM   #7772
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,760 Times in 902 Posts
I have no issues supporting the team win or lose, try or not try. I'll watch every game, follow all the news, read everything online but for me to spend my hard earned money to actually go watch a game is a whole different story. I dropped my seasons this year after 8 or so years, it was just getting too much for me to spend that money only to be bored to death at the game. I can stand watching the team lose but show me there was 100% effort and or give me some entertainment value or I'll just stick to the TV instead.

I've noticed in the past few years its gotten so bad that myself, friends, coworkers would often turn down free tickets b/c even for free people can't invest in going.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 01:24 PM   #7773
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,644 Times in 2,300 Posts
homeless dude asking me for change

homeless dude: got any spare change

me: no change sorry

homeless dude: don't be sorry, be sorry for the Canucks

Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-03-2016, 02:20 PM   #7774
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,098 Times in 4,998 Posts
Uh, they sell out in other Canadian cities because there's nothing to do comparatively speaking and in TO due to corporate like Hondaracer says. There's a lot of activity competition in Vancouver and it's not super cold here in the winter.
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 02:20 PM   #7775

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Vancouver doesn't have the corporate structure like TO, a ton of the season tickets in Van are corporate. When taking your clients to games is no longer a draw, you cancel your tickets. It isn't a social thing like in TO where you retreat to your private lounge and smooze with other big wigs. You're usually taking 1-2 clients out for the night. And with a product like this, people just don't want to go.

My dads company dropped their 4 tickets last season, and this season 3 other ticket holders I know with pairs in the lower bowl all did not renew their tickets.

I don't mind the people who don't renew the 10-13k season ticket pairs, that's a huge investment. The people who are really the ones to blame are all the clowns who have repeated endlessly that games are too expensive to go to over the last 5-10 years, and now are not going or taking their kids etc when pairs are dirt cheap.

It's like the housing market, bitch bitch bitch about it, but then when it becomes affordable, you're not in a position or not willing to get into the market anyways.

The bandwagon cheapo fan who has disolved as the team has gotten worse is a far bigger hit to the market than a company not renewing $12,000 season tickets imo
The Canucks have gouged the fans for so much money in the past 5 years and now it is coming back to haunt them.

As with the housing market and bandwagon bitches, it's usually the ones with little or no investment in the game that are complaining.