REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 07-10-2015, 12:03 AM   #51
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

man....all this trouble over a plate and some speeding.

I just drive my little leased car. I gas, fix and wash it.

I use my bluetooth to talk on the phone as I not drive like a dumbass while not drunk.

So little headaches. no dumb RS posts.....

Such Simple. Much easy.
Advertisement
BallPeenHammer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-10-2015, 05:29 AM   #52
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallPeenHammer2 View Post

I just drive my little leased car. I gas, fix and wash it.

I use my bluetooth to talk on the phone as I not drive like a dumbass while not drunk.

So little headaches. no dumb RS posts.....

Such Simple. Much easy.

Such..so unlike RS.....how did you get here anyway???
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-10-2015, 07:01 AM   #53
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallPeenHammer2 View Post
I not drive like a dumbass while not drunk.
Like I said, I did change my address with ICBC and was waiting for the sticker in the mail, but what ever. That ticket was almost 10 years ago and I won.

So based on the bolded part, you drive like a dumbass while drunk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-10-2015, 07:41 AM   #54
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
Such..so unlike RS.....how did you get here anyway???
it's been years and I still don't know myself. LOL
BallPeenHammer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-10-2015, 01:23 PM   #55
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

This happened to a friend of mine a few years ago.

He was pulled over by Richmond RCMP when he was in Richmond. The officer was going to cite him for speeding (60 km/h in 50 km/h). I don't recall the exact conversation but he told the officer most people goes 60. The officer then saids, which roads and my friend names them and questions why was he being pulled as he was following the flow of traffic.

What happens next, changed things... He then tells the officer that there is a spider crawling on him. The officer then looks and sees the spider (sort of big) and sort of freaks out. My friend then tell the officer to come closer to the car, the officer does. He then uses his palm and squash / kill the spider on the officer's chest.

As the officer is in relief with the spider gone, the officer lets my friend go (no ticket) and tell him to drive safely.

Last edited by Sango; 07-10-2015 at 08:13 PM.
Sango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 05:26 AM   #56
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
"Spider Pig, Spider Pig....does whatever a Spider Pig does...." (Homer Simpson...the Simpson's Movie).

and for you older folks....

Last edited by zulutango; 07-12-2015 at 11:31 AM.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-13-2015, 09:35 AM   #57
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
saw an officer with a laser yesterday on hwy 1 just past the Burnaby lake stretch

i was in the middle lane following the flow of traffic, volume was pretty thick for a Sunday but surprisingly the flow was fast
limit is 90 but i must've been going 120-130 with a 5 second gap to the car in front of me, right lane was going ~110 and left lane was whizzing by at 130+

i rmbr thinking officer must be having a field day on the laser since he could easily pick out anyone for speeding.
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 11:21 AM   #58
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
saw an officer with a laser yesterday on hwy 1 just past the Burnaby lake stretch

i was in the middle lane following the flow of traffic, volume was pretty thick for a Sunday but surprisingly the flow was fast
limit is 90 but i must've been going 120-130 with a 5 second gap to the car in front of me, right lane was going ~110 and left lane was whizzing by at 130+

i rmbr thinking officer must be having a field day on the laser since he could easily pick out anyone for speeding.
Yup the speed limit is a complete joke from willingdon all the way accross the new bridge. Limit should be 110. I doubt we will ever see it above 100 though.

Anyone going 90 on that section of highway is a MAJOR impedance, and puts themselves at huge risk.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 10:20 AM   #59
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aristo-crat View Post
I have a question.

I have a very recognizable car, and was recently pulled over and given a speeding ticket.

The officer based his pulling me over on "us being called in by an off duty officer who said we were driving dangerously and speeding" - Which wasn't the case at all. We may have been speeding, but not more than anyone else was. We were driving with the flow of traffic except for passing people. Anyways, thats not important. He didn't get me on a gun or anything.

The officer said he was "giving me a huge break" and said that if I dispute the ticket, hes "going to see me and court and will charge (me) with street racing and excessive speed"

There were 4 of us driving together, on a single lane road. We were NOT street racing. He said that driving in a group and speeding is classified as speeding under the MVA.

What I'm wondering is:

A) Is the the officer legally allowed to 'blackmail' me into paying the ticket? Saying "pay it or i'll charge you with other offences'. He literally said: "If i get notice that you're disputing this ticket, I will meet you in court and i will bring the officer who called you in and will charge you with excessive speed and street racing, and will attempt to get your vehicle impounded"

Is this not blackmail? Isn't it my right to fight a ticket?

B) Can i be charged with another offence in court, if i'm going to fight the ticket? If i go to fight this speeding ticket, can i be further charged with something else if i wasn't charged at the time he wrote the other ticket?

Thanks for the insight.
Most likely if you take it to court it will be thrown out. You probably passed the off duty cop and pissed him off so he called his buddy. If a bunch of people called you it might be harder. But how he handled the situation it seems like he just wanted you to pay the fine.

If it was me I would take it to court the ticket is cheap but the points are no fun. If he does show up they usually give you a deal to pay the money and have no points.
Flatsix is offline   Reply With Quote