REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Old People (https://www.revscene.net/forums/704180-old-people.html)

Presto 07-02-2015 01:49 PM

Old People

What is up with (white) old people? Some of them seem to be entitled, whiny, possibly racist, and rude.

I was at Save-On's during lunch, and I was looking for a decent looking bunch of green onions. I feel a tug on my arm and this old lady tells me that it's gross, and I have to take what I touch. WTF? Has she never been to the grocery store? How are you supposed to get quality produce for your family if you have to take the first thing you pick up? Any ways, she was old, and I didn't want to cause a scene, so I just said, "whatever" and continued my produce picking.

Another time, I was at Harrison looking for a parking spot, and this big ass truck is just stopped in lot, causing cars to pile-up behind them. Their waiting for a spot to open up. This big-old dude gets out of the truck and tells us not to take any spots until they get one. That was weird. We just kind of ignored them and continued our circling. As we're going around for the 3rd time a couple coming out of the store says their leaving and we can have their spot, and to follow them. We did, and we got a nice spot.

The truck comes back around, and sees we have a spot, and they get all pissy, and said that it was their spot. The old lady says we're rude, and my wife goes apeshit on her and the husband. They are shocked and leave. Don't mess with my wife.

I'm sure I have more stories about stupid old people, but I can't remember any more at the moment. Any RS'ers have their experiences to share?

smoothie. 07-02-2015 01:52 PM

wat

radioman 07-02-2015 01:55 PM

Stopped at a crosswalk for an old lady on my bike. She told me to "be careful on that thing".

The nerve of these old people.

Berzerker 07-02-2015 01:56 PM

Presto been hacked? What the hell does that have to do with the section you posted it in? haha

Berz out.

fliptuner 07-02-2015 02:00 PM

Why is this in Computer Tech?

I generally give old people a bit more leeway cause....well, they're old and probably went through a lot more shit than we did. Of course when they use their age to get away with some bullshit, the gloves come off.

Gucci Mane 07-02-2015 02:02 PM

Good topic for computer section. Would read again.

bcrdukes 07-02-2015 02:07 PM

Maybe Presto is trying to say old people don't know how to use computers, therefore, they are more entitled, whiny, possibly racist, and rude? (Just going out on a limb here.)

Wait, I don't even use an iPad or tablet. :suspicious:

Presto 07-02-2015 02:08 PM

Please move to VOT. I had electronics on the mind.

EDIT: oh hey. I can move it myself. Mod powers.

pinn3r 07-02-2015 02:08 PM

Fuck that "respect your elders" shit. I usually ignore the curmudgeonly ones, unless there's some serious injustice going on

Respect others around you, and I respect you. Disrespect me, and you'll have that shit thrown back into your face

murd0c 07-02-2015 02:22 PM

I would of touched all off the green onions while she was talking and would of walked away with out saying a word lol

meme405 07-02-2015 02:25 PM

How old are we talking here?

My biggest complaint about old people, is the fact that senior citizens with the reaction time of rice pudding get behind the wheel of vehicles everyday, and our government does nothing to stop them.

Phil@rise 07-02-2015 02:30 PM

old people are old. white or not they do stupid old people stuff. you suggesting only the white ones are racist is *gasp* racist. Part of being old is being intolerant ignorant and a finger pointer.

Ulic Qel-Droma 07-02-2015 02:35 PM

cuz they're old duh.

imagine if there were no people older than you. and everyone else was just a kid running around.

you'd probably be grumpy and feel wiser, more intelligent, and all that shit cuz you've been around like literally 4-7 times their age.

that and some people just born assholes. they were probably assholes when they were 20 as well.

yray 07-02-2015 02:36 PM

http://www.rhsmpsychology.com/images/IQ_and_age.jpg

Don't waste time

6o4__boi 07-02-2015 02:39 PM

pretty rare i would say.
I'd encounter an old quack every now and then but i usually just ignore them.
Unless they treat me with complete disrespect, then all bets are off. idgaf how old you are or how many wars you've fought in. idgaf if you're senile as fuck. if you cross that line, i will break your old ass.

Quote:

Originally Posted by murd0c (Post 8655441)
I would of touched all off the green onions while she was talking and would of walked away with out saying a word lol

depending on my day, that's probably what i would've done too...i'd even smile and look em in the eye while i'm doing it.

Djiban 07-02-2015 03:13 PM

Talking about old people, I was at hi genki and suddenly there was this old lady walking towards me and started a conversation. She was like what's your name etc2. At some point she asked me what do I do and I was like, I am a student and she was like, you are not working? She said I am from the government and started mumbling. I walked away and left lol.

Timpo 07-02-2015 03:13 PM

I think there's some scientific research has been done regarding to this.

When you age, your ability to hear, move, see, think, everything decreases.
Your hormone balance will change too, that might have something to do with selfishness or short temper.

Also you are at the last stage of your life. You will either think that you would wanna do nice thing to people, or be a complete douche and do whatever you want because you have nothing to lose.

Who knows, time flies and you just live your life, next thing you know, you are a senior and everybody else will treat you so. That might make them think everyone's a threat in some ways.

MG1 07-02-2015 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Djiban (Post 8655462)
Talking about old people, I was at hi genki and suddenly there was this old lady walking towards me and started a conversation. She was like what's your name etc2. At some point she asked me what do I do and I was like, I am a student and she was like, you are not working? She said I am from the government and started mumbling. I walked away and left lol.

You know that Hi Genki is in a seniors facility, right? They make the place available for general public so the elderly can have meals with family, friends, and the general public. You run the risk of one of them wanting to talk to you.

Do you have grandparents?

Give it a few years............. then you'll understand. Being/getting old is......um, interesting.

dragondragon99 07-02-2015 03:35 PM

i see so much juicy fat mango womans. i made them wet.
all they wanna do is milk the cow and suck on their nipples
haha i feel sorry for them

Gumby 07-02-2015 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragondragon99 (Post 8655475)

:suspicious:

I don't want to see words such as "wet" or "nipples" in a thread about old people.

MG1 07-02-2015 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timpo (Post 8655463)
I think there's some scientific research has been done regarding to this.

When you age, your ability to hear, move, see, think, everything decreases.
Your hormone balance will change too, that might have something to do with selfishness or short temper.

Also you are at the last stage of your life. You will either think that you would wanna do nice thing to people, or be a complete douche and do whatever you want because you have nothing to lose.

Who knows, time flies and you just live your life, next thing you know, you are a senior and everybody else will treat you so. That might make them think everyone's a threat in some ways.

Wow................ Timpo, I gave you a thanks.

======================

Add to this, your friends and siblings dying on you, your family basically abandoning you, feeling helpless and always living in fear. You have so many regrets. Your mind is still active, but your body doesnt do what you tell it. You're constantly worried about what you eat because it can lead to diarrhea for days. Then there's loneliness. You forget what day it is and even what time of day it is.

There's no such thing as dignity when you get to that age. My mother is 92 and she is dying. She gave so much when she was young. She is so frustrated when she doesn't have the strength to move her wheelchair over the slightest of bumps. She becomes easily confused. She slurs her words and cannot hear anything. She can barely stand up............ you guys will get there one day. Look forward to it.

/sermon

I see my mom every day at the assisted living facility. I will be sure to hug her tonight thanks to this thread. She has nothing left to look forward to. It's the least I can do for all she has done.

flagella 07-02-2015 04:27 PM

Quote:

What in the fuck, are you talking about?

fliptuner 07-02-2015 04:35 PM

They also put up with 30-60 years more bullshit than you. If you're annoyed with traffic, gov't, housing, rising costs and stupid people now, lets see how you'll feel about it when you get older.

StylinRed 07-02-2015 04:35 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by flagella (Post 8655491)
What in the fuck, are you talking about?

i thought he was making fun of Presto acting very oddly...especially for presto

i also think presto may be making fun of all the stupid threads lately with his post :)

lowside67 07-02-2015 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Presto (Post 8655418)
What is up with (white) old people? Some of them seem to be entitled, whiny, possibly racist, and rude.

Sorry, your post singles out white people and yet you think they are racist?!? Besides, as if annoying habits are exclusive to white people, old or not...

Fucking stupid thread.

Mark