REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-04-2015, 10:46 AM   #1
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

WITNESS NEEDED for accident on Kingsway near Knight Street on July 3, 2015

Hi all,

I (silver smart car) was rear-ended by a dark blue/black pick-up truck who left the scene...

The accident happened at around 4:20 p.m. heading westbound on Kingsway right before Knight Street near the CIBC...

I was wondering if anyone that happened to drive by that area saw the accident and/or would remember the license plate of the pick-up or even has a dash cam? I reported to ICBC and they are charging me my deductible because its a hit and run!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Advertisement
brabussmrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 11:12 AM   #2
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,582 Times in 4,298 Posts
no imprints of the license plate in your rear bumper?
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-04-2015, 12:20 PM   #3
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,242 Times in 861 Posts
Check to see if CIBC had a camera facing the street
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 03:30 PM   #4
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

WITNESS NEEDED for accident on Kingsway near Knight Street on July 3, 2015

He probably had to rush home to go blaze.
BrownBear is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-04-2015, 03:36 PM   #5
I don't get it

dang. thats a hard one...especially locating the license plate. maybe put up signs as soon as possible at that location to contact you.

i also hope someone reported to ICBC within this week so they can match your claim.
a00755836 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 08:16 PM   #6
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,764 Times in 906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by a00755836 View Post
dang. thats a hard one...especially locating the license plate. maybe put up signs as soon as possible at that location to contact you.

i also hope someone reported to ICBC within this week so they can match your claim.
Ahh hit and runs, so hard to catch. My wife got hit and run by VGH recently and a shit load of witnesses saw it. Only 1 person was nice enough to leave a note on her car with their contact info. However, the witness despite running after the truck was unable to locate a plate number only being able to give a description of the truck and that it had a VGH logo.

We ended up calling the guy in charge of the fleet at VGH and he did a check on their vehicles and found no marks. He was cooperating very nicely and even called ICBC on his own. ICBC sent a guy down to check their trucks and found nothing so we still got stuck with the $300 out of our own pocket.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 09:11 PM   #7
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Man, reading these hit and runs just annoys me. Feel bad for those that gotta fork out $300 for no reason. Irresponsible people these days. I never drive my car without my dash cam now, because there's so many people, cars and cyclists. A safety precaution in-case someone tries to screw me over.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 09:55 PM   #8
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
no imprints of the license plate in your rear bumper?
there are paint marks...but I can't put together what it says except the 2 alphabets in the front... none of the numbers show very much except a 5. I guess I'll just have to pay the deductible cause chances are the that beat up old pick-up truck isn't gonna bother having his car repaired anyways...
Old 07-04-2015, 09:57 PM   #9
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by winson604 View Post
Ahh hit and runs, so hard to catch. My wife got hit and run by VGH recently and a shit load of witnesses saw it. Only 1 person was nice enough to leave a note on her car with their contact info. However, the witness despite running after the truck was unable to locate a plate number only being able to give a description of the truck and that it had a VGH logo.

We ended up calling the guy in charge of the fleet at VGH and he did a check on their vehicles and found no marks. He was cooperating very nicely and even called ICBC on his own. ICBC sent a guy down to check their trucks and found nothing so we still got stuck with the $300 out of our own pocket.
Will the police actually go through so much to help me track down this guy? When the witness called 911 for me, they said they aren't gonna come to the scene but didn't say anything about chasing down the guy that fled...they kinda just asked me for a description of the guy but honestly, I remember nothing at all!
Old 07-04-2015, 09:57 PM   #10
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioman View Post
Check to see if CIBC had a camera facing the street
Not sure if CIBC will be willing to release these video footages...