REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > House and Home Renovations

House and Home Renovations THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Designing your new condo or townhouse? Renovating your kitchen? Share your photos and project ideas with other experts here! We're not just modifying our cars anymore..

Old 07-09-2015, 09:40 PM   #1
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 2,237 Times in 251 Posts
Places to look for wardrobes?

I'm looking to buy a wardrobe for my room. I want something nice and fairly large because it's not just myself that's going to be using it (wanting to cover almost an entire wall which is about 3 meters). I looked into the IKEA PAX wardrobe systems and they can be pretty pricey. I'm fine with forking out quite a bit of money for a large wardrobe but I am hesitant on forking out a around $2000 on IKEA stuff... or am I wrong on how expensive a wardrobe can be?

For example just doing a quick google search gave me BoConcept which has a pretty expensive customizable wardrobe and it's not the kind of money I want to spend.

So my question is are there any other places where I can look for customizable wardrobes?
Advertisement
ziggyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 09:53 PM   #2
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
Design one for yourself. Take the drawing to a carpentry shop. I did that myself. I'll post pics.

Spoiler!
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-09-2015, 09:54 PM   #3
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyx View Post
I looked into the IKEA PAX wardrobe systems and they can be pretty pricey. I'm fine with forking out quite a bit of money for a large wardrobe but I am hesitant on forking out a around $2000 on IKEA stuff... or am I wrong on how expensive a wardrobe can be?

For example just doing a quick google search gave me BoConcept which has a pretty expensive customizable wardrobe and it's not the kind of money I want to spend.
If you think IKEA stuff is expensive, you probably won't be happy with anything that costs much less.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-09-2015, 11:05 PM   #4
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,344 Times in 972 Posts
the PAX is not expensive at all. it has the look to it and it it legit for what's it worth.

KEY to buying IKEA is that you WILL NOT BE ABLE to take it apart and move it another location. A lot of movers will NOT move ikea stuff.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 05:58 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabs View Post
Design one for yourself. Take the drawing to a carpentry shop. I did that myself. I'll post pics.

Spoiler!
How much did something like that cost you? I know prices will vary depending on what you want and where you go but I just wanna get a rough idea. Thanks!
Old 07-10-2015, 06:00 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post
If you think IKEA stuff is expensive, you probably won't be happy with anything that costs much less.
It's not so much that I think it's expensive but I'm just wondering if I can get better quality wardrobes for what IKEA is offering. But you are right, I won't be happy with like a 500 dollar wardrobe from home depot or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
the PAX is not expensive at all. it has the look to it and it it legit for what's it worth.

KEY to buying IKEA is that you WILL NOT BE ABLE to take it apart and move it another location. A lot of movers will NOT move ikea stuff.
If I'm unable to find anything better out there I will most likely just get the IKEA stuff. I don't see myself moving in the near future so it shouldn't be a big problem. I've thrown away a lot of IKEA stuff because you can't really move them.

Last edited by ziggyx; 07-10-2015 at 06:07 AM.
Old 07-10-2015, 11:03 AM   #7
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post

Depends on what you buy. Half my shit is Ikea (though the higher end stuff) and 99% has survived 600km's and three different locations. The only stuff that ended up breaking was stuff that I either dropped or wasn't properly protected in the moving truck.

But the low end stuff? Yeah, don't even think about it.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 05:04 PM   #8
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,344 Times in 972 Posts
^ moving companies will not move them for you / take apart nor be responsible for breaking even with insurance but you're right. the "higher end" stuff, is legit.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 08:28 PM   #9
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,337 Times in 5,647 Posts
The PAX wardrobes are not worth the price IMO. We looked at them extensively when they had their sale recently and the quality is just shit for the price. I opted out of buying one because like theOP, i think you can get far better quality for similar pricing.
Old 07-13-2015, 09:16 PM   #10
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,923 Times in 3,876 Posts
^ what part of the quality is shitty?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 02:33 PM   #11

hinges, the slides which hold the doors, the drawers, etc.

if i'm spending like $1500+ to get what i want, i'd prefer the drawers and doors to not feel rickety as fuck.

With that said, if you go with somthing simple, just shelves and the sliding doors they felt much better, but anything with sliding baskets, or hinged doors, feels really cheap to me
Old 07-14-2015, 03:32 PM   #12
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,923 Times in 3,876 Posts
If the moving parts are the only weak point it might be worth it (cost wise) to buy the Ikea setup but get upgraded sliders/hinges instead of using the supplied ones.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 03:40 PM   #13
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
I opted out of buying one because like theOP, i think you can get far better quality for similar pricing.
What did you go with?

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 04:18 PM   #14

nothing yet, i could build somthing nicer but i'm really through with reno's and building anything right now lol

Underscore may be onto somthing with the upgraded peices, the only thing is you have to have the skill to retrofit what you need into a spot designed specifically for the ikea brand hardware.

who knows, i may even go back with the PAX system when the sale rolls around again. I was just completely turned off the idea when we went to the coquitlam location during the sale just due the the fact that the majority of what I "liked" felt really, really, cheap and to get the full 3 peice set that would fill our bedroom wall was going to be like $1500+ didnt really feel like commiting that type of money to somthing i wasnt very happy with