REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   The Revenant - Leo DiCaprio (https://www.revscene.net/forums/704401-revenant-leo-dicaprio.html)

SkinnyPupp 07-17-2015 09:36 AM

The Revenant - Leo DiCaprio

:ahwow:

murd0c 07-17-2015 09:57 AM

wow

SkinnyPupp 07-17-2015 10:07 AM

Yup pretty intense. Good trailer too, I have no idea what the movie is about.

My only issue is sketchy looking CGI... But we see that often with early trailers. I hope the final movie doesn't look so phony.

murd0c 07-17-2015 10:25 AM

I can't see it being cheesy with the CGI especially since Leo is only in A+ movies

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Revenant_(2015_film)

Quote:

In the 19th century, Hugh Glass (DiCaprio), a fur trapper, is mauled by a bear while hunting. His companions (Hardy, Poulter, Haas, and Gleeson)[3] rob him and leave him to die, but he survives and sets out to get revenge on the men who betrayed him.[4]
This movie was mainly filmed in BC as well

SkinnyPupp 07-17-2015 10:34 AM

Oh fuck yeah a revenge movie I am IN PogChamp

murd0c 07-17-2015 12:37 PM

I'm really wondering how much talking there will be in the movie, if he's left in the bushes to die there might be a lot of him walking through the forest and trying to find the way to get his revenge with not much interaction with other actors.

Tim Budong 07-17-2015 09:36 PM

ohhhhhhhhh

when will Leo win that damn golden man...

anyways it looks intense as fuck

StylinRed 07-18-2015 05:12 AM

So that's why he's been sporting that hobo beard all this time... Looks intense, and I like what's shown of the cinematography plus its Leo so I'll definitely see it

murd0c 07-18-2015 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Budong (Post 8661348)
ohhhhhhhhh

when will Leo win that damn golden man...

anyways it looks intense as fuck

He will win it soon, for all of the great movies he's been in he really deserves it

6793026 07-18-2015 11:58 AM

leo's movies are good, but he's always the same intense emotional guy that he plays. Great roles in each film, intense acting, great transformation, which i full agree. He just needs needs to play another sub set of characters with diff. depths.

Matthew McConaughey in Dallas Buyers Club was a much better award over wolf of wall street. Jamie Foxx in Ray over The Aviator. Steve Carell in Foxcatcher and Sean Penn in Milk were all extremely above and beyond what I thought was a better performance than Leo.

StylinRed 07-18-2015 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murd0c (Post 8661453)
He will win it soon, for all of the great movies he's been in he really deserves it

A lot of great actors haven't won it... it doesn't mean anything anyways just the opinions of a few critics with voting rights

SpartanAir 07-19-2015 12:20 AM

I almost got a part in this film...would have been a cool show to be a part of.

But I was just shooting in Calgary a couple months ago, and some crew were on the show I was on that were on The Revenant. Most of the film was shot in Alberta, actually. They had a ton of money, but shot it in the middle of nowhere Alberta. Pretty rough weather conditions for the crew.

But also, I have several first-hand reports of how hard it was to work on the film. Inarritu, as much of a genius as he is as a filmmaker, is a lunatic, and an asshole. Several highly qualified veteran department heads and crew were fired or quit, because of Inarritu's crazy demands. Also heard that Tom Hardy had a serious problem with him and other issues; but again, as awesome as Tom Hardy is, he's known to be a problem on set.

Would have been a great experience and looked great on the resume, but overall it sounded like a nightmare project.

Needless to say though, I'm sure the end result will be awesome, judging by the trailer.

murd0c 09-29-2015 10:57 AM

New Trailer was just released

murd0c 12-20-2015 11:35 PM

Just watched it and WOW what a great movie, I found a number of scenes hard to watch but damn it was good and Leo straight up killed it. He has to win best actor for this, know one has even been close to his acting the past year.

Mr.Money 12-20-2015 11:44 PM

i cringed when i saw them stepping into that ice cold water....they def gotta have heat tents on set right?.

murd0c 12-21-2015 12:09 AM

No question they do

Acura604 12-21-2015 01:50 PM

DiCaprio experienced the magic of a chinook, which he described as "scary" in a Variety.com article while shooting The Revenant near Calgary last winter.

"I've never experienced something so first-hand that was so dramatic. You see the fragility of nature and how easily things can be completely transformed with just a few degrees difference. It's terrifying, and it's what people are talking about all over the world. And it's simply just going to get worse," said DiCaprio.

"We were in Calgary and the locals were saying, 'This has never happened in our province ever.' We would come and there would be eight feet of snow, and then all of a sudden a warm gust of wind would come."

Vansterdam 12-22-2015 06:12 AM

dvd screener leaked online btw lol

Il prob watch this in theatres though

6793026 12-22-2015 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vansterdam (Post 8709848)
dvd screener leaked online btw lol

Il prob watch this in theatres though

along with 5 other movies too.

Ch28 12-22-2015 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murd0c (Post 8709496)
Just watched it and WOW what a great movie, I found a number of scenes hard to watch but damn it was good and Leo straight up killed it. He has to win best actor for this, know one has even been close to his acting the past year.

They say that about all of his roles :lol

Vansterdam 12-22-2015 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6793026 (Post 8709880)
along with 5 other movies too.

Im stoked for Joe Dirt 2 LOOOOOOOL

murd0c 12-22-2015 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ch28 (Post 8709891)
They say that about all of his roles :lol

His acting is just that good which is saying something since every roll is different

6793026 12-23-2015 03:49 PM

pretty crazy movie I gotta say. glad they did the shoot outdoors in alberta.
it was a much slower movie than i expected. Yes it's epic pretty, they could've cut 20 minutes to flow better, then again, you wouldn't "feel" the pain of the movie.

A few holy fuck moments and man, seeing them in and out of the waters, much have been so so so cold; whoever says they don't deserve to be paid what they do, they should watch this.

quotes from the director: "If we ended up in greenscreen with coffee and everybody having a good time, everybody will be happy, but most likely the film would be a piece of shit."

Soundy 12-23-2015 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Money (Post 8709500)
i cringed when i saw them stepping into that ice cold water....they def gotta have heat tents on set right?.

One of the actors was on the radio a couple weeks ago talking about the filming. He said for the part where Leo carries him through the water, they made a dummy to look like him for Leo to carry, as it would be about half the weight... but Leo insisted on carrying him instead, for the realism. Talk about suffering for your craft.

etodac 12-23-2015 07:56 PM

http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/a9P4v7m_700b.jpg

He's gonna kill himself trying to get an Oscar.