REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 07-22-2015, 11:11 PM   #1
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Rude service at Richmond Honda

So long story short, my dad wants to give up his lease because he's getting a new car. There's only a few months remaining so he went in a couple days ago because he had a few people interested in taking over the remaining payments. The financial manager at Richmond Honda said it would cost $750 for the transfer but the person taking over had to do a credit check.

On Tuesday the first person who wanted to take over went in and filled out the paperwork and credit check info and submitted it to the manager. Manager emails my dad and says it'll take a few days, my dad replies back and told her someone else will be coming in on Wed to fill out paperwork and credit check as well.

Yesterday the second person goes in and he's told to sit outside the office and wait. He waited for almost an hour. He finally gets called in, the manager was extremely rude and told him to stop wasting her time and that she was going to charge $750 to fill out his paperwork and do another credit check and charge another $750 from the initially paperwork she did. Not only was he willing to take over the lease, he was actually thinking about doing a straight buy out but he basically told her to get lost, called my dad and told him what happen and didn't want to deal with Richmond Honda. My dad tried to call the financial manager to see what the issue was but it went straight to VM.

Isn't her job to fill out fucking paperwork?? We're the ones paying the fee and someone was actually interested itn buying out the car but yet you want to be rude for no apparent reason? Fucking pisses me off and I was going to call the manager tomorrow to tell him what happen but thought what's the point seeing how all of them probably cover each others asses.

Anyhow, my question is the car was leased from Richmond Honda so can my dad take it another dealer to do the transfer? And do the transfer fees vary from dealer to dealer?
Advertisement
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 11:14 PM   #2
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 2,169 Times in 249 Posts
Wow honda charges 750!? That sucks dude!

I transfered my lease at infinit on my q50 and they only charged me 100 after tax. Granted it also depends on your leasing company.

You could also speak to an insurance company to ask for transfer papers and do it yourself or with the help of the insurance company couldnt you?

Also, if you only have a few months left on the lease, wouldnt the current value of the vehicle be really close to the remainder of the vehicle owing? Meaning if you go to a dealer to buy a new car, chances are they will buy out your car and cover the negative equity if its very little right?

Last edited by bigzz786786; 07-22-2015 at 11:27 PM.
bigzz786786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 12:39 AM   #3
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,399 Times in 396 Posts
No way..... Harvey Specter and a Honda?!?
v_tec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 01:11 AM   #4
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Rude service at Richmond Honda
Well... duh.

(sorry, feeling rather unoriginal at 2am )
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-23-2015, 05:52 AM   #5
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

On the vehicle registration/insurance paper(s), is the owner listed as the Richmond Honda dealership? If so, you have to go through them for any transfer.

Under a typical lease agreement, the vehicle is technically not yours. It is still owned by the dealership. It is a pain to do anything during the lease period.
Reeyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 06:34 AM   #6
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
why can't your dad and potential suitor go to RH together and fill the papers and get it done?

some people are the real life equivalent of key board warriors but face to face the only thing they wont do is suck your dick - it's completely mind blasting. i've been realizing this a lot lately with stuff i'm dealing with.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-23-2015, 06:57 AM   #7
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
i either paid $300 or $500 i can't remember at middlegate or whatever they call that one on kingsway in burnaby now. but this was at the end of the lease.

sounds like lady is trying to ruin the deal...
waiting for OP to update with
Spoiler!

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-23-2015, 07:11 AM   #8
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
I'm just here for Amanda pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 07:33 AM   #9
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,831 Times in 587 Posts
If you want to deal with the issue call 1 (888) 946-6329 and speak with someone from Honda Canada.
I know for other dealerships there prices for many things are dictated by the manufacturer so that no one dealership can be ripping people off.

Sounds like this lady needs to find another line of work.

07-17 G37 RWD Coupe Coilovers FOR SALE BRAND NEW
BoostedBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 07:46 AM   #10
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
What does the insurance paperwork say? Who is the Lessor? If it's Honda Canada then you should be able to use a different dealer. Although the selling dealer would have the first right of refusal since it's(your dad) is their client to begin with. The fee is typical and set by the dealer. Some call it a Lease Assumption Fee. There is risk so a credit check is legit and there is paperwork and PPSA transfer involved so that is also legit. $750 sounds like a bit of a raping but what can you do.

I would start by phoning Honda Canada Customer Service and explain the distasteful events that occurred. I'm sure head office would want to know that one of their dealers is being rude and condescending to one of their clients.

What's worse than this is the "3rd party buyout fee". Brian Jessel tried to fuck me with this. A client of their's was about to buy out their lease from them. I wanted the car and offered to buy it out directly to save taxes from the original lessee. They tried to charge me $1350 for the pleasure of having me buy it out. WTF? Then amount of work is exactly the same but they wanted a "fee" for it. Fuck you BJ.

Bottom line is dealers can be cunts and they will try to grab money where ever they can. The business office "needs to eat" so they charge for anything and everything. I wish I had more pleasant things to say about the business office department at any dealership but most that I've dealt with in the past are cunts and very condescending like I'm putting them out.
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-23-2015, 07:50 AM   #11
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,066 Times in 1,252 Posts
Get Lily to give you a hand

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-23-2015, 08:11 AM   #12
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by white rocket View Post
Bottom line is dealers can be cunts and they will try to grab money where ever they can. The business office "needs to eat" so they charge for anything and everything. I wish I had more pleasant things to say about the business office department at any dealership but most that I've dealt with in the past are cunts and very condescending like I'm putting them out.
This.

The only way to deal with the "business managers" is to be prepared to be a total asshole yourself. They generally try to steamroll customers unless they get some pushback.
capt_slo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-23-2015, 08:19 AM   #13
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,343 Times in 971 Posts
she was rude for sure.

750 or 1000 whatever it is... it's called you gotta pay to play. it happens.

lastly, it's YOUR job to fill the paper work.
1) you are not buying a Bentley. Don't expect over the top service.
2) If I had to fill out paperwork each time someone calls in and comes in and say they will do a transfer tmw, i would be filling out paper work the whole damn day.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 08:22 AM   #14
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
These guys working in dealerships are always asking ridiculous amounts for paperwork, the only reason they do though, is because they get away with it, as most people won't put them in their place for their unrealistic fees
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 09:07 AM   #15
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

There's a reason why google review rated them a 2.3/5 and yelp 3/5.
Old 07-23-2015, 09:11 AM   #16
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
No point in complaining to anyone at that dealership, like you said they will cover eachothers backs. Granted this is just another tick to not go to any dealership in Richmond period.

Now if you want to complain, give Honda Canada a call and let them know what happened, and what could've happened if the appointment went well. I find when you talk to somebody in customer service who has a brain, and is higher up, they understand what GOOD customer service gets, and what happens when you dish out bad custoemr service.
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-23-2015, 09:18 AM   #17
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,466 Times in 190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yray View Post
Get Lily to give you a hand
Old 07-23-2015, 11:18 AM   #18
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,437 Times in 376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by melloman View Post
I find when you talk to somebody in customer service who has a brain, and is higher up, they understand what GOOD customer service gets, and what happens when you dish out bad custoemr service.
People at the dealership probably understand it as well, but I find that it is because they deal with annoying people everyday they end up not giving a shit about anything unless it banks them big bucks.
'06 BMW 330i [RIP]

'02 BMW M3
'99 Honda Civic SIR [sold]
'19 Civic Type R[sold]
'22 MINI Cooper SE
My Photojournal: simplexcars
Simplex123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 11:47 AM   #19

As long as it's under honda Canada finance (which technically it should) you can go to any honda dealer. Car belongs to honda Canada not richmond honda (or whatever dealer its Leased from)
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 11:50 AM   #20

Lessor is Honda Canada.

So called Honda Canada this morning on behalf of my dad. Standard transfer fee is $450 and the dealer can charge whatever. Every dealer I called charges a total of $750. The first person got approved and is willing to pay the transfer fee and wants to do the transfer at Richmond Honda. I did e-mail the FM at Richmond Honda to basically tell her say she was unprofessional by threatening to charge another $750 to do another credit check, she hasn't replied.

I also understand she's busy with other paperwork and it's not fair to send like 10 people over to fill out paperwork but seriously, it was two people we sent to her at her convenience and she couldn't even handle that. Oh well, it's a lesson learned.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-23-2015, 12:56 PM   #21

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
Lessor is Honda Canada.

So called Honda Canada this morning on behalf of my dad. Standard transfer fee is $450 and the dealer can charge whatever. Every dealer I called charges a total of $750. The first person got approved and is willing to pay the transfer fee and wants to do the transfer at Richmond Honda. I did e-mail the FM at Richmond Honda to basically tell her say she was unprofessional by threatening to charge another $750 to do another credit check, she hasn't replied.

I also understand she's busy with other paperwork and it's not fair to send like 10 people over to fill out paperwork but seriously, it was two people we sent to her at her convenience and she couldn't even handle that. Oh well, it's a lesson learned.
So you should be in the clear then? No new $750 charge as no new credit check needs to take place? Buyer pays the fee? Should be and brainer now no?

It's unfortunate that it has to be such a soured experience. I mean everyone is getting what they want. Buyer gets the car at the terms they want, your dad gets out the car he doesn't want anymore, dealer gets a pay day for basically paperwork. Why is the dealer so cunty?
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 01:35 PM   #22
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
FLAME ON

RS BEAT DOWN CREW

LETS ALL

do nothing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-23-2015, 03:24 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by white rocket View Post
So you should be in the clear then? No new $750 charge as no new credit check needs to take place? Buyer pays the fee? Should be and brainer now no?

It's unfortunate that it has to be such a soured experience. I mean everyone is getting what they want. Buyer gets the car at the terms they want, your dad gets out the car he doesn't want anymore, dealer gets a pay day for basically paperwork. Why is the dealer so cunty?
Yup, all in the clear.

And that's exactly what I don't get; it was a win win situation for Honda but yet the FM was so pissy. Who knows what was up her ass.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-23-2015, 04:49 PM   #24
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
Yup, all in the clear.

And that's exactly what I don't get; it was a win win situation for Honda but yet the FM was so pissy. Who knows what was up her ass.
Maybe it's what's NOT up her ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 04:57 PM   #25
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
by the sound of it, i wouldnt even shove a 10 foot pole up her ass, i dont know what else is gonna come out of her mouth

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote