REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Propaganda and Manipulation: How mass media engineers and distorts our perceptions (https://www.revscene.net/forums/704534-propaganda-manipulation-how-mass-media-engineers-distorts-our-perceptions.html)

CharlesInCharge 07-25-2015 01:09 AM

Propaganda and Manipulation: How mass media engineers and distorts our perceptions

So much of our daily life is influenced by our culture, programed through the media.
Now watch this professor dissect various aspects of the negative propaganda that is ruining our society.

Quote:

This is a video on the psychology of propaganda. Prof. Kroth reviews five major techniques for how American mass media manipulates and twists the view Americans have of their world. The seriousness of the distortion, and our progressive loss of contact with reality is dramatic. We are increasingly living inside a media-induced trance without knowing it. Children believe Ronald MacDonald is more real than Abraham Lincoln. From Coke to Carl's Jr., Hip-hop to the Iraq war, the role of subliminal propaganda in our lives is unveiled and exposed

Supposed whistle blowers letter recounts 1991 plan to change hip hop to benefit the industrial prison complex. (also mentioned in the video)
"The Secret Meeting that Changed Rap Music and Destroyed a Generation" | Hip Hop Is Read

MG1 07-25-2015 07:14 AM

Media Awareness should be in the curriculum as early as elementary school, along with ethical and responsible use of technology.

Actually, it is written in the curriculum, but very few educators address these issues.

Technology has developed at a rapid rate, but we have done very little to address the effects it has on our society.

Soundy 07-25-2015 10:10 AM

As opposed to the way WorldTruth.tv has engineered and distorted YOUR perception? :pokerface:

murd0c 07-25-2015 10:53 AM

I have to admit that CiC has been posting some really legit and true threads the past bit. Keep it up!!

4444 07-25-2015 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murd0c (Post 8663936)
I have to admit that CiC has been posting some really legit and true threads the past bit. Keep it up!!

but for every one good post, there's 5 crazy ones... It's the CiC paradox

GS8 07-25-2015 02:06 PM

I watched this Professor's Videos a couple of years ago.

Sad to see his channel hasn't been updated lately. The way he constructs his videos is engaging without being dry.

I suggest everyone watch his videos. People like him are TOO intelligent to enter the world of politics and sales / marketing. They see clear through the illusion and choose to report on it instead.

Yodamaster 07-25-2015 07:20 PM

He isn't wrong...

Though I still maintain that violent media is not to blame for the behaviour of a few troubled teenagers. My life in high school somewhat mirrored that of Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris. Bullying, violent media, and anger were part of my life. However, I'm still here, and I haven't shot up any schools as of yet.

I'm still really into violent video games and movies, I swear a lot, and I'm into firearms. On the flip side, I love kittens, soft blankets, and I like to hold doors open for people.

Things aren't always black and white, but in general the professor's views are sound.

Lomac 07-25-2015 08:46 PM

Don't think it's any real secret that media publications sway toward a certain bias whenever they present their news. And, yes, sometimes that bias turns into flat out propaganda. I know this first hand. Worked through it, left because of it, signed the NDA because of it. Everyone does it in every country, whether it's Canada or England, Israel or Iran. It's just a matter of being able to see both POV of a topic and realizing that the truth is likely somewhere in the middle.

Lomac 07-25-2015 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yodamaster (Post 8664051)
He isn't wrong...

Though I still maintain that violent media is not to blame for the behaviour of a few troubled teenagers. My life in high school somewhat mirrored that of Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris. Bullying, violent media, and anger were part of my life. However, I'm still here, and I haven't shot up any schools as of yet.

I'm still really into violent video games and movies, I swear a lot, and I'm into firearms. On the flip side, I love kittens, soft blankets, and I like to hold doors open for people.

Things aren't always black and white, but in general the professor's views are sound.

Exactly. Music artists, video game and film producers are easy targets for when shit goes to hell. It's easier to say that Dylan and Eric shot up the school because they listened to Marilyn Manson and played violent video games than to say they had some deep seeded issues that everyone failed to either see or address. The latter implies that they were at fault for missing some key signal and no one wants themselves to blame.

I play games like COD and GTA, I listen to heavy metal, I'm a black belt in Karate, I have my PAL and am a licensed Pyrotechnician. However, like you, I also enjoy kittens, I try to treat everyone with the same level of respect that I would want for myself, etc., etc. I've yet to do anything more stupid than get a speeding ticket.

*shrug*

MG1 07-25-2015 09:27 PM

Difference is, Lomac, you have a good moral compass. You most likely got it from your parents and your grandparents. For a lot of children these days, they have very little in the way of good role models. Parents with no moral values - into themselves and couldn't care less with what their kids are up to.

Hehe 07-25-2015 10:40 PM

Just a thought of conspiracy now...

What the fuck is RS doing to me? :suspicious:

CharlesInCharge 09-12-2015 06:29 PM

------------------------------------BUMP -----------------------------------------

I couldnt bump the Virginia reporter shooting thread because a mod who thinks he/she is all knowing, thought my suspicion of the event warranted my thread ban.
Anyway now here is undeniable truth.
Aftermath photos
http://i.imgur.com/XqOmim3.jpg

The floor panels dont match!
http://d.mnrdaily.com/full/3513/virg...t-shooting.jpg

Here I highlighted it
http://i.imgur.com/ZoDF65q.jpg

The original thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70504...-live-air.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by GS8 (Post 8663974)
I watched this Professor's Videos a couple of years ago.

Sad to see his channel hasn't been updated lately. The way he constructs his videos is engaging without being dry.

I suggest everyone watch his videos. People like him are TOO intelligent to enter the world of politics and sales / marketing. They see clear through the illusion and choose to report on it instead.

I watched his Palestinian and Isreali video but it was actually filled with propaganda. I honestly think the "professor" is the kind of puppet thats made to introduce some truth but in reality distort the greater truths...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yodamaster (Post 8664051)
He isn't wrong...

It sure does glorify violence... hence your avatar having an assault rifle. :whistle:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lomac (Post 8664072)
Exactly. Music artists, video game and film producers are easy targets for when shit goes to hell. It's easier to say that Dylan and Eric shot up the school because they listened to Marilyn Manson and played violent video games than to say they had some deep seeded issues that everyone failed to either see or address. The latter implies that they were at fault for missing some key signal and no one wants themselves to blame.

I play games like COD and GTA, I listen to heavy metal, I'm a black belt in Karate, I have my PAL and am a licensed Pyrotechnician. However, like you, I also enjoy kittens, I try to treat everyone with the same level of respect that I would want for myself, etc., etc. I've yet to do anything more stupid than get a speeding ticket.

*shrug*

Werent these guys on psycho active drugs too though? the kind thats given out like candy even in this country.

Bouncing Bettys 09-13-2015 10:54 AM

^Military or armed government personnel near by in a state full of military and government installations does not surprise me. There could be dozens of reasonable explanations for their presence which don't amount to some conspiracy. Amazing how they can be identified as National Guardsmen from such a grain shit photo much like Truthers used to use grain youtube videos as evidence.

The boards appear to transition from parallel to perpendicular at a diagonal one board at a time, thus why they don't appear to match from your shitty photos and angles.

CharlesInCharge 09-13-2015 12:13 PM

I was only referring to the boards, but yes I jumped the gun on thinking they didnt match last night.
Here I highlight around the transition line.
http://i.imgur.com/ylQD00c.jpg

Anyway I was ridiculed in my 911, SandyHook, and Boston claims which have since came out to be staged events... and in time with better recognizing these fake grieving actors, I still think this one stinks and in the future it might surface as so.

There are too many gullible people on this forum, specially with moderators and their thread bans, that are helping to further spin these staged events. There's a good handful of other shooting that havent been exposed here and these "tragedies" will keep happening as we are in a war time era and the sheeples minds need to be shaped to follow through.

This could be an all star actors fest for all we know.

edit
Some valid points...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeBcm4CrlEM

SkinnyPupp 09-13-2015 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge (Post 8679953)
There are too many gullible people on this forum

There's one at least

CharlesInCharge 09-13-2015 09:24 PM

Surely youve seen these actors try to cry on TV, its really bad acting.
The members that fail me the most are often the ones that fall hard for these stage events... we can look back in history as everything is documented in the forums.

On another note, the Simpsons gave us clues to 911 being depicted on US currency... and there were 2-3 other hidden foreshadows too.... but now Sept 23 is the new supposed hall mark of dates to watch. Since this date is not uniform across the world time zones... the 24th is also included in it.

Simpsons episode 24, season 9 (date 9th=Sept, day 24)

4444 09-13-2015 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge (Post 8680072)
Surely youve seen these actors try to cry on TV, its really bad acting.
The members that fail me the most are often the ones that fall hard for these stage events... we can look back in history as everything is documented in the forums.

On another note, the Simpsons gave us clues to 911 being depicted on US currency... and there were 2-3 other hidden foreshadows too.... but now Sept 23 is the new supposed hall mark of dates to watch. Since this date is not uniform across the world time zones... the 24th is also included in it.

Simpsons episode 24, season 9 (date 9th=Sept, day 24)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Yuqe2IKd2A

Ur now making things fit.

Ur a joke

parm104 09-13-2015 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge (Post 8663864)
So much of our daily life is influenced by our culture, programed through the media.
Now watch this professor dissect various aspects of the negative propaganda that is ruining our society.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pfo5gPG72KM

Your shit is getting old...you're probably single-handedly responsible for people giving up on the off-topic forum.

Do us all a favour and open up a Word Document next time you want to spew some crazy bat-shit.

CharlesInCharge 09-13-2015 11:43 PM

Okay so we have a challenger... parm104, lets see how much of an indoctrinated brainwashed individual you are. You were probably bottle feed on the CTV and CBC... a little bit of CNN here and there perhaps. Sub par Canadian schooling as are all schools. Grew up watching American culture tv shows including CSI and other "patriotic" government shows.
Having a look at your posts... (site:revscene.net "posted by parm104") doesnt seem like you care about any political social issues.
So show everyone some of my crazy bat-shit posts so that I can educate you on how misinformed you are and not worthy to be a true Canadian... but just another cog for the ZioAmerican empire to exploit for your taxes through out life.

4444's already made my sig.