REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-25-2015, 01:09 AM   #1
I subscribe to Revscene

Propaganda and Manipulation: How mass media engineers and distorts our perceptions

So much of our daily life is influenced by our culture, programed through the media.
Now watch this professor dissect various aspects of the negative propaganda that is ruining our society.

Quote:
This is a video on the psychology of propaganda. Prof. Kroth reviews five major techniques for how American mass media manipulates and twists the view Americans have of their world. The seriousness of the distortion, and our progressive loss of contact with reality is dramatic. We are increasingly living inside a media-induced trance without knowing it. Children believe Ronald MacDonald is more real than Abraham Lincoln. From Coke to Carl's Jr., Hip-hop to the Iraq war, the role of subliminal propaganda in our lives is unveiled and exposed

Supposed whistle blowers letter recounts 1991 plan to change hip hop to benefit the industrial prison complex. (also mentioned in the video)
"The Secret Meeting that Changed Rap Music and Destroyed a Generation" | Hip Hop Is Read
Advertisement
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-25-2015, 07:14 AM   #2
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,511 Times in 4,903 Posts
Media Awareness should be in the curriculum as early as elementary school, along with ethical and responsible use of technology.

Actually, it is written in the curriculum, but very few educators address these issues.

Technology has developed at a rapid rate, but we have done very little to address the effects it has on our society.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-25-2015, 10:10 AM   #3
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
As opposed to the way WorldTruth.tv has engineered and distorted YOUR perception?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-25-2015, 10:53 AM   #4
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
I have to admit that CiC has been posting some really legit and true threads the past bit. Keep it up!!
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-25-2015, 01:58 PM   #5
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I have to admit that CiC has been posting some really legit and true threads the past bit. Keep it up!!
but for every one good post, there's 5 crazy ones... It's the CiC paradox
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-25-2015, 02:06 PM   #6
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,252 Times in 1,965 Posts
I watched this Professor's Videos a couple of years ago.

Sad to see his channel hasn't been updated lately. The way he constructs his videos is engaging without being dry.

I suggest everyone watch his videos. People like him are TOO intelligent to enter the world of politics and sales / marketing. They see clear through the illusion and choose to report on it instead.
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 07:20 PM   #7
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
He isn't wrong...

Though I still maintain that violent media is not to blame for the behaviour of a few troubled teenagers. My life in high school somewhat mirrored that of Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris. Bullying, violent media, and anger were part of my life. However, I'm still here, and I haven't shot up any schools as of yet.

I'm still really into violent video games and movies, I swear a lot, and I'm into firearms. On the flip side, I love kittens, soft blankets, and I like to hold doors open for people.

Things aren't always black and white, but in general the professor's views are sound.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 08:46 PM   #8
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Don't think it's any real secret that media publications sway toward a certain bias whenever they present their news. And, yes, sometimes that bias turns into flat out propaganda. I know this first hand. Worked through it, left because of it, signed the NDA because of it. Everyone does it in every country, whether it's Canada or England, Israel or Iran. It's just a matter of being able to see both POV of a topic and realizing that the truth is likely somewhere in the middle.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-25-2015, 08:51 PM   #9
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodamaster View Post
He isn't wrong...

Though I still maintain that violent media is not to blame for the behaviour of a few troubled teenagers. My life in high school somewhat mirrored that of Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris. Bullying, violent media, and anger were part of my life. However, I'm still here, and I haven't shot up any schools as of yet.

I'm still really into violent video games and movies, I swear a lot, and I'm into firearms. On the flip side, I love kittens, soft blankets, and I like to hold doors open for people.

Things aren't always black and white, but in general the professor's views are sound.
Exactly. Music artists, video game and film producers are easy targets for when shit goes to hell. It's easier to say that Dylan and Eric shot up the school because they listened to Marilyn Manson and played violent video games than to say they had some deep seeded issues that everyone failed to either see or address. The latter implies that they were at fault for missing some key signal and no one wants themselves to blame.

I play games like COD and GTA, I listen to heavy metal, I'm a black belt in Karate, I have my PAL and am a licensed Pyrotechnician. However, like you, I also enjoy kittens, I try to treat everyone with the same level of respect that I would want for myself, etc., etc. I've yet to do anything more stupid than get a speeding ticket.

*shrug*
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-25-2015, 09:27 PM   #10
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,511 Times in 4,903 Posts
Difference is, Lomac, you have a good moral compass. You most likely got it from your parents and your grandparents. For a lot of children these days, they have very little in the way of good role models. Parents with no moral values - into themselves and couldn't care less with what their kids are up to.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-25-2015, 10:40 PM   #11
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,746 Times in 1,179 Posts
Just a thought of conspiracy now...

What the fuck is RS doing to me?
Old 09-12-2015, 06:29 PM   #12
I subscribe to Revscene

------------------------------------BUMP -----------------------------------------

I couldnt bump the Virginia reporter shooting thread because a mod who thinks he/she is all knowing, thought my suspicion of the event warranted my thread ban.
Anyway now here is undeniable truth.
Aftermath photos

The floor panels dont match!

Here I highlighted it

The original thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70504...-live-air.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS8 View Post
I watched this Professor's Videos a couple of years ago.

Sad to see his channel hasn't been updated lately. The way he constructs his videos is engaging without being dry.

I suggest everyone watch his videos. People like him are TOO intelligent to enter the world of politics and sales / marketing. They see clear through the illusion and choose to report on it instead.
I watched his Palestinian and Isreali video but it was actually filled with propaganda. I honestly think the "professor" is the kind of puppet thats made to introduce some truth but in reality distort the greater truths...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodamaster View Post
He isn't wrong...

It sure does glorify violence... hence your avatar having an assault rifle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
Exactly. Music artists, video game and film producers are easy targets for when shit goes to hell. It's easier to say that Dylan and Eric shot up the school because they listened to Marilyn Manson and played violent video games than to say they had some deep seeded issues that everyone failed to either see or address. The latter implies that they were at fault for missing some key signal and no one wants themselves to blame.

I play games like COD and GTA, I listen to heavy metal, I'm a black belt in Karate, I have my PAL and am a licensed Pyrotechnician. However, like you, I also enjoy kittens, I try to treat everyone with the same level of respect that I would want for myself, etc., etc. I've yet to do anything more stupid than get a speeding ticket.

*shrug*
Werent these guys on psycho active drugs too though? the kind thats given out like candy even in this country.
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-13-2015, 10:54 AM   #13
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
^Military or armed government personnel near by in a state full of military and government installations does not surprise me. There could be dozens of reasonable explanations for their presence which don't amount to some conspiracy. Amazing how they can be identified as National Guardsmen from such a grain shit photo much like Truthers used to use grain youtube videos as evidence.

The boards appear to transition from parallel to perpendicular at a diagonal one board at a time, thus why they don't appear to match from your shitty photos and angles.
Old 09-13-2015, 12:13 PM   #14
I subscribe to Revscene

I was only referring to the boards, but yes I jumped the gun on thinking they didnt match last night.
Here I highlight around the transition line.

Anyway I was ridiculed in my 911, SandyHook, and Boston claims which have since came out to be staged events... and in time with better recognizing these fake grieving actors, I still think this one stinks and in the future it might surface as so.

There are too many gullible people on this forum, specially with moderators and their thread bans, that are helping to further spin these staged events. There's a good handful of other shooting that havent been exposed here and these "tragedies" will keep happening as we are in a war time era and the sheeples minds need to be shaped to follow through.

This could be an all star actors fest for all we know.

edit
Some valid points...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeBcm4CrlEM
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc

Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 09-13-2015 at 04:51 PM. Reason: grammer
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-13-2015, 07:51 PM   #15
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,810 Times in 8,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
There are too many gullible people on this forum
There's one at least
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-13-2015, 09:24 PM   #16
I subscribe to Revscene

Surely youve seen these actors try to cry on TV, its really bad acting.
The members that fail me the most are often the ones that fall hard for these stage events... we can look back in history as everything is documented in the forums.

On another note, the Simpsons gave us clues to 911 being depicted on US currency... and there were 2-3 other hidden foreshadows too.... but now Sept 23 is the new supposed hall mark of dates to watch. Since this date is not uniform across the world time zones... the 24th is also included in it.

Simpsons episode 24, season 9 (date 9th=Sept, day 24)
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-13-2015, 10:03 PM   #17

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
Surely youve seen these actors try to cry on TV, its really bad acting.
The members that fail me the most are often the ones that fall hard for these stage events... we can look back in history as everything is documented in the forums.

On another note, the Simpsons gave us clues to 911 being depicted on US currency... and there were 2-3 other hidden foreshadows too.... but now Sept 23 is the new supposed hall mark of dates to watch. Since this date is not uniform across the world time zones... the 24th is also included in it.

Simpsons episode 24, season 9 (date 9th=Sept, day 24)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Yuqe2IKd2A
Ur now making things fit.

Ur a joke
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 10:38 PM   #18

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
So much of our daily life is influenced by our culture, programed through the media.
Now watch this professor dissect various aspects of the negative propaganda that is ruining our society.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pfo5gPG72KM
Your shit is getting old...you're probably single-handedly responsible for people giving up on the off-topic forum.

Do us all a favour and open up a Word Document next time you want to spew some crazy bat-shit.
Old 09-13-2015, 11:43 PM   #19
I subscribe to Revscene

Okay so we have a challenger... parm104, lets see how much of an indoctrinated brainwashed individual you are. You were probably bottle feed on the CTV and CBC... a little bit of CNN here and there perhaps. Sub par Canadian schooling as are all schools. Grew up watching American culture tv shows including CSI and other "patriotic" government shows.
Having a look at your posts... (site:revscene.net "posted by parm104") doesnt seem like you care about any political social issues.
So show everyone some of my crazy bat-shit posts so that I can educate you on how misinformed you are and not worthy to be a true Canadian... but just another cog for the ZioAmerican empire to exploit for your taxes through out life.

4444's already made my sig.
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
This post FAILED by: